Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 315 of 455

Thread: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

  1. #281
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Port Richey
    Posts
    12,354

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Well said Doc
    Tom

    "Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

  2. #282
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    20,457

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Thinking about how we screwed up, what we lost- it’s damned depressing. How is it the Republicans are able to get their folks so organized, so single minded, to coalesce behind a candidate most deplored? Is greed and nastiness really that much a better motivator, than doing the right thing?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  3. #283
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Port Richey
    Posts
    12,354

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Simple minds are easier to manipulate
    Tom

    "Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

  4. #284
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,643

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    Oz, you are talking about the general election. I'm talking about the primary. Dem voters would be wise to choose a candidate in the primary who will appeal to the voters they failed to get last time. That's pragmatism.
    I voted for Bernie in the primary.

    He lost.

    Get over it.


    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    Translation: Do whatever it takes to get a Democrat elected.
    No, no, no, no, no. You're thinking of 'Republicans'.[/QUOTE]




    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    But don't ask ME to do whatever it takes. I'd rather pitch a tantrum about the people who pitched a tantrum last time, even if it gets Trump re-elected.
    I'm not willing to cheat, like 'Republicans', and I'm not pitching a tantrum, like Berniacs, either.

    It IS interesting that you now acknowledge that the people who failed to get behind Hillary were pitching a tantrum. That's progress.

    Donald F Trump has the approval of ~28% of eligible voters.

    If the other 62% fail to show up and vote, then the orcs win.


    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    You really do need to calm down and stop insulting and whining about the very people you need to get the result you say you want in 2020. You're so blinded by over-emotional reaction that you can't even see we're allies. Or should be.

    Tom
    I still don't think you understand 'whining'.

    Neither do you get the message those morons need to hear.

    The progressive agenda has been losing power and losing its way since Nixon screwed the pooch.

    That's 45 years.


    Repairing that neglect will not happen by electing Bernie.

    It is going to take a LOT of work, and the fact of the matter is that we are out of time.

    The progressive Morons pitched their tantrum, and got the tantrum-pitcher-in-chief elected, and now they want to pitch another tantrum saying it's all the fault of the DNC for not serving up Colin Fox.
    Rattling the teacups.

  5. #285
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States of Stupid
    Posts
    10,771

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    I think he meant that the GOP are orcs. If progressives speak with their feet, then the orcs win.
    Yup, so back to square one. "The Progressives should simply suck it up, the moderates know better, Clinton was the best choice for the party and you're stupid for not seeing it." That attitude will lose the next election.

    Let me dispel a few things. I did vote for Clinton in the general election and I would do it again and again. . . . But I'm not representative of most/many progressives. The DNC has been Republican-lite for a very long time, the people are suffering for it and under Clinton that would not have changed. The simple fact that all you folks can't see is that she was an installation and not a selection. I resent that as do many. I do not want to expel Clinton supporters from the DNC, however, the DNC needs to become more progressive, a lot more. In a more progressive Democratic Party, Clinton wouldn't even be on the bench. Other than the insane rhetoric on the right and Trump, there is little action that separates both parties, the only difference is who they pander to. Trump represented a giant wrench in the works and many thought it was bad enought to take the risk of tearing it all down for possible reform, for a government for the people.

    Do I still think Trump supporters have sub-par intelligence; yes. But their intent, no matter how ill-informed, was to stop what they saw as the madness of the swamp. The swamp is real, it's certainly thicker these days, but it was always a reality. It is time to drain it. We must try to find a way. Clinton was the swamp, Trump is the swamp, just slightly worse and possibly perceived as much worse because he's so unapologetic about it and his supporters are so very stupid and apt to fear mongering. Kinda like Clinton supporters who thought she was somehow more righteous . . . she wasn't by a long shot, even after you stripped away all the lies the GOP threw at her.

    You can disagree, you'd be wrong, but calling me ham-fisted, over-emotional, and whatever other condescending crap you've said about me won't change the fact that she was the wrong candidate, she was not good for this country, and she was only a better choice because Trump was that bad.

    Remember, this thread has been going on for a week, the only thing that opened up the conversation was the perception that I was dividing the party, you guys were all called to arms because there was a spoiler among you. LOL, here's the fact; Bernie supporters were never Democrats, they were never obligated to toe the line, the DNC, however, was obligated to include them or lose, they lost. That's not a problem of Bernie supporters, it's a problem that belongs to the DNC. Clearly the DNC sucks, because they lost, she lost and we all lost.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

    ~C. Ross

  6. #286
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,643

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Thinking about how we screwed up, what we lost- it’s damned depressing. How is it the Republicans are able to get their folks so organized, so single minded, to coalesce behind a candidate most deplored? Is greed and nastiness really that much a better motivator, than doing the right thing?
    We lost the republic.

    It's all but over.

    The Moron Horde are in full cry.

    The 'Republican' Party are now quite brazenly disenfranchising their opposition all over the US, without compunction and completely without any concern for any repercussions.

    The 'Republican' Party is now openly refusing their Constitutionally-mandated duty to hear the SCOTUS nomination from an opposition President.

    The 'Great Experiment' is OVER, but for the shouting.


    And we have so-called 'progressives' who have become so completely fat, dumb and happy; so insulated and complacent and entitled to 'Freedom' and 'Justice' that they still think they can whine and stamp their little feet and have somebody else 'fix it' and go on with their fat, dumb, happy little fantasy that Totalitarianism is dead.

    It will not be long before these orcs have passed legislation to criminalize dissent.

    That legislation will include provisions for the suspension of habeas corpus, and summary execution.


    The Progressive movement, started with such glorious celebration in 1776, is OVER.
    Rattling the teacups.

  7. #287
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States of Stupid
    Posts
    10,771

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    The orcs understand unity.

    the 'liberal', 'progressive' MORONS do NOT.

    Therefore, the orcs win.
    No better than Trump and the GOP. You'll lose because of it, we'll all lose.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

    ~C. Ross

  8. #288
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States of Stupid
    Posts
    10,771

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    I have no idea what you mean here. No, obviously it's not two separate 12%s. Read my post again. I think it's pretty clear what I'm saying.



    Now THERE'S a "big tent" philosophy. You do realize that the party needs their votes to win, right?

    Tom
    No, it seems he/they don't. Just as stupid as Trump supporters.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

    ~C. Ross

  9. #289
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States of Stupid
    Posts
    10,771

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    We lost the republic.

    It's all but over.

    The Moron Horde are in full cry.

    The 'Republican' Party are now quite brazenly disenfranchising their opposition all over the US, without compunction and completely without any concern for any repercussions.

    The 'Republican' Party is now openly to refuse their Constitutionally-mandated duty to hear the SCOTUS nomination from an opposition President.

    The 'Great Experiment' is OVER, but for the shouting.


    And we have so-called 'progressives' who have become so completely fat, dumb and happy; so insulated and complacent and entitled to 'Freedom' and 'Justice' that they still think they can whine and stamp their little feet and have somebody else 'fix it' and go on with their fat, dumb, happy little fantasy that Totalitarianism is dead.

    It will not be long before these orcs have passed legislation to criminalize dissent.

    That legislation will include provisions for the suspension of habeas corpus, and summary execution.


    The Progressive movement, started with such glorious celebration in 1776, is OVER.
    For all your bluster, I wonder; WTF are you doing about it besides b17c4ing about here like a little baby.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

    ~C. Ross

  10. #290
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,643

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Yup, so back to square one. "The Progressives should simply suck it up, the moderates know better, Clinton was the best choice for the party and you're stupid for not seeing it." That attitude will lose the next election.

    Let me dispel a few things. I did vote for Clinton in the general election and I would do it again and again. . . . But I'm not representative of most/many progressives. The DNC has been Republican-lite for a very long time, the people are suffering for it and under Clinton that would not have changed. The simple fact that all you folks can't see is that she was an installation and not a selection. I resent that as do many. I do not want to expel Clinton supporters from the DNC, however, the DNC needs to become more progressive, a lot more. In a more progressive Democratic Party, Clinton wouldn't even be on the bench. Other than the insane rhetoric on the right and Trump, there is little action that separates both parties, the only difference is who they pander to. Trump represented a giant wrench in the works and many thought it was bad enought to take the risk of tearing it all down for possible reform, for a government for the people.

    Do I still think Trump supporters have sub-par intelligence; yes. But their intent, no matter how ill-informed, was to stop what they saw as the madness of the swamp. The swamp is real, it's certainly thicker these days, but it was always a reality. It is time to drain it. We must try to find a way. Clinton was the swamp, Trump is the swamp, just slightly worse and possibly perceived as much worse because he's so unapologetic about it and his supporters are so very stupid and apt to fear mongering. Kinda like Clinton supporters who thought she was somehow more righteous . . . she wasn't by a long shot, even after you stripped away all the lies the GOP threw at her.

    You can disagree, you'd be wrong, but calling me ham-fisted, over-emotional, and whatever other condescending crap you've said about me won't change the fact that she was the wrong candidate, she was not good for this country, and she was only a better choice because Trump was that bad.

    Remember, this thread has been going on for a week, the only thing that opened up the conversation was the perception that I was dividing the party, you guys were all called to arms because there was a spoiler among you. LOL, here's the fact; Bernie supporters were never Democrats, they were never obligated to toe the line, the DNC, however, was obligated to include them or lose, they lost. That's not a problem of Bernie supporters, it's a problem that belongs to the DNC. Clearly the DNC sucks, because they lost, she lost and we all lost.
    Wake up.
    Rattling the teacups.

  11. #291
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States of Stupid
    Posts
    10,771

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Wake up.
    LOL, look in the mirror lad.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

    ~C. Ross

  12. #292
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,643

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Originally Posted by oznabrag
    The orcs understand unity.

    the 'liberal', 'progressive' MORONS do NOT.

    Therefore, the orcs win.


    No better than Trump and the GOP. You'll lose because of it, we'll all lose.
    Orc='Republican'.

    The orcs understand the power of unity. They have used that power to subjugate 2/3 of the electorate.

    The US is now well on its way to becoming a third-world totalitarian dictatorship.

    Wake up.


    If the 'Progressive' Morons were not lazy, entitled, spoiled-rotten children, they would have understood that the US Constitution itself was at stake.

    They did not.

    Hillary Clinton could have been be held to account. Donald F Trump can not.


    Wake up.
    Rattling the teacups.

  13. #293
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States of Stupid
    Posts
    10,771

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Orc='Republican'.

    The orcs understand the power of unity. They have used that power to subjugate 2/3 of the electorate.

    The US is now well on its way to becoming a third-world totalitarian dictatorship.

    Wake up.


    If the 'Progressive' Morons were not lazy, entitled, spoiled-rotten children, they would have understood that the US Constitution itself was at stake.

    They did not.

    Hillary Clinton could have been be held to account. Donald F Trump can not.


    Wake up.
    Your girl lost, you wake TF up.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

    ~C. Ross

  14. #294
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,643

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    No, it seems he/they don't. Just as stupid as Trump supporters.
    You mean just as stupid as the Berniacs, right?

    Get it through your head: The Republic is DEAD, murdered by 'Republicans'.
    Last edited by oznabrag; 10-13-2018 at 09:36 AM.
    Rattling the teacups.

  15. #295
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States of Stupid
    Posts
    10,771

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    You mean just as stupid as the Berniacs, right?

    Ge it through your head: The Republic is DEAD, murdered by 'Republicans'.
    Then we've nothing to argue about, go cry somewhere else and let the adults up the mess you put us in.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

    ~C. Ross

  16. #296
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,643

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Your girl lost, you wake TF up.
    No.

    1) Your BOY lost.

    2) Then, because the Berniacs wanted to pitch a tantrum, they made sure to kill the Republic.

    Congratulations.

    If history is any guide, there will never be a 'progressive' US Government again.

    Ever.
    Rattling the teacups.

  17. #297
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,643

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Then we've nothing to argue about, go cry somewhere else and let the adults up the mess you put us in.
    You are claiming to be 'one of the adults'?

    I think I'm gonna be sick.
    Rattling the teacups.

  18. #298
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States of Stupid
    Posts
    10,771

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    You are claiming to be 'one of the adults'?

    I think I'm gonna be sick.
    yeah, me too, pretty sad that I come out more mature and level headed than you. Me . . .
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

    ~C. Ross

  19. #299
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    20,457

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    You two are a lot of fun.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  20. #300
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,643

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    yeah, me too, pretty sad that I come out more mature and level headed than you. Me . . .
    Mature, level-headed, and living in a bubble, where this world is the same as 1968.

    The 'Republican' Party has been working on this coup ever since Nixon crapped the bed.

    It's not going to be 'fixed' by the likes of Bernie.

    The only way forward was to elect Hillary, and then hold her feet to the fire.

    I guess that was too much work.

    The 'Republicans' have been working to undermine the republic for 50 freaking years.

    Their evil can not be undone solely by electing a President.



    You can crow from the rooftops that it is all the fault of the DNC, of Hillary, of who or what ever you'd like, but you're still wrong.

    Donald F Trump is the fault of everyday Americans, who took their liberal government for granted.
    Rattling the teacups.

  21. #301
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States of Stupid
    Posts
    10,771

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Mature, level-headed, and living in a bubble, where this world is the same as 1968.

    The 'Republican' Party has been working on this coup ever since Nixon crapped the bed.

    It's not going to be 'fixed' by the likes of Bernie.

    The only way forward was to elect Hillary, and then hold her feet to the fire.

    I guess that was too much work.

    The 'Republicans' have been working to undermine the republic for 50 freaking years.

    Their evil can not be undone solely by electing a President.



    You can crow from the rooftops that it is all the fault of the DNC, of Hillary, of who or what ever you'd like, but you're still wrong.

    Donald F Trump is the fault of everyday Americans, who took their liberal government for granted.
    Like you did with Obama?
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

    ~C. Ross

  22. #302
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,643

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Like you did with Obama?
    Go ahead.

    Blame it all on O'Bama.
    Rattling the teacups.

  23. #303
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sequim, Washington
    Posts
    6,014

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    You two are a lot of fun.
    See, I told ya so pages ago...we're fooked.

    VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!...but only one.
    PaulF

  24. #304
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States of Stupid
    Posts
    10,771

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by paulf View Post
    See, I told ya so pages ago...we're fooked.

    VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!...but only one.
    So condescending. Go ahead, put EW or KH or JB up and watch us lose. How about you do some research and tell me who you think we should put forward. I think, for now, Beto will win against Trump. Don't run a woman or a minority, the ignorant masses will rebel against that. Just run someone a few clicks left of Clinton and someone who, at least, reads as honest. . . . and no, I don't want Sanders to run again. Yeah and, apologize for Clinton . . . that will go a long way in wining over the middle. Apologize like you mean it, even if you don't.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

    ~C. Ross

  25. #305
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sequim, Washington
    Posts
    6,014

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    So condescending. Go ahead, put EW or KH or JB up and watch us lose. How about you do some research and tell me who you think we should put forward. I think, for now, Beto will win against Trump. Don't run a woman or a minority, the ignorant masses will rebel against that. Just run someone a few clicks left of Clinton and someone who, at least, reads as honest. . . . and no, I don't want Sanders to run again. Yeah and, apologize for Clinton . . . that will go a long way in wining over the middle. Apologize like you mean it, even if you don't.
    See what I mean George?
    PaulF

  26. #306
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States of Stupid
    Posts
    10,771

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by paulf View Post
    See what I mean George?
    Wait!!!! . . . who lost in 16? Ohhhhhhhhh, she did. You sitting on your high horse only looks good if you win the battle, otherwise, you look ridiculous and make an easy target.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

    ~C. Ross

  27. #307
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sequim, Washington
    Posts
    6,014

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    When it gets to the bottom line, I would vote for any of the above, EW, KH or JB. Or any other candidate the dems run.

    When the choice is between a Red and a Blue, I vote BLUE no matter who.


    And you should too!.......I'm a poet!!!
    PaulF

  28. #308
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States of Stupid
    Posts
    10,771

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by paulf View Post
    When it gets to the bottom line, I would vote for any of the above, EW, KH or JB. Or any other candidate the dems run.

    When the choice is between a Red and a Blue, I vote BLUE no matter who.


    And you should too!.......I'm a poet!!!
    I will too but that's so effing depressing and no matter how valid you're statement is, it's such a poor strategy. "Hey, all we need is good enough" brought to you by the campaign of Hilary Clinton.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

    ~C. Ross

  29. #309
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sequim, Washington
    Posts
    6,014

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    I will too but that's so effing depressing and no matter how valid you're statement is, it's such a poor strategy. "Hey, all we need is good enough" brought to you by the campaign of Hilary Clinton.
    Ya well, I got other stuff to worry about, can't spend all my time worrying about politics.

    Just knowing I have evaporated Sky Blues vote every time, is enough for me.
    PaulF

  30. #310
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    24,647

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    John -

    I said I was done here & I am - but a parting comment. I do not understand where this thread has gone (I'm an orc because I lean progressive?) - but there's enough nastiness so that I've chosen not to participate anymore. For the record, I never thought Clinton was a terrible candidate (& apologies if my agreement with Mike on some things gave you you impression I felt that way). I did think she ran a pretty lame campaign - but felt she was otherwise very competent.

    I have zero issue with Clinton supporters being in the party (remember - I'm the one who used the term "big tent") - but I do have an issue when they say that Clinton lost because of Bernie.

    The important thing is that we all vote next month & hopefully vote against anyone in the Republican party. I have "voted the person" in the past, but anyone still a member of the party of Trump needs to lose this time around.
    Thanks. My interpretation of the thread was that we were debating the proposition in the OP, if you don't agree with it, I apologize for thinking you did.

    However, you still aren't reading carefully before responding. Oz clearly was referring to Republicans with his reference to orcs. I have, on another thread, chided him for demeaning orcs, but he continues to compare them to Republicans.

    Clinton lost for a variety of reasons. One was that those who opposed her used the bitterness of the primary campaign to divide those who might have voted for a Democrat. There are plenty of other reasons, but since we keep coming back to that one, we haven't really talked about the others.

    The irony is that Clinton did not go negative on Sanders, because she didn't want to divide the Democrats. Unfortunately, that left some Sanders supporter with the idea that there was no negative material on Sanders. Had he been nominated, we would have heard plenty against him.

    Sanders had no such compunctions about Clinton, and at the point where he started backing her, his supporters couldn't let go of the negative things he'd said about her. As the OP demonstrates, some still can't.

    As I have said, I understand that you want a big tent. I just don't think your approach leads to a big tent. You say you want to move past 2016 and have no problem with Clinton supporters, but you keep relitigating the way the DNC favored Clinton. Let it go. Debbie Wasserman Schultz isn't running the show anymore. I can't imagine Clinton running again. Progressive candidates are having plenty of success under the Democratic banner.

  31. #311
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    24,647

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    That's a new one!
    Much harder to see through than scales.

  32. #312
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    24,647

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Your girl lost, you wake TF up.
    Did you miss this?

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    I voted for Bernie in the primary.

    He lost.

    Get over it.
    Keep snarling at other people who voted for Bernie because they are insufficiently bitter, that'll fix things.

  33. #313
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,643

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    Did you miss this?



    Keep snarling at other people who voted for Bernie because they are insufficiently bitter, that'll fix things.
    That's not my motivation.

    I'm snarling at them because they are completely lost in the minutiae.

    There's a war on, and the orcs are winning. Big.

    Now that they have cheated their way into a Ratfreaker Majority on the SCOTUS, the end of the republic is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

    Soon, dissent will be a federal crime, and Gorsuch/Kavanaugh will uphold the Constitutionality of that.

    It will get a LOT worse, before it ever gets better.

    Welcome to the dungeon, 'progressives'.

    You will be wishing for the kind ministrations of Idi Amin before this is over.
    Rattling the teacups.

  34. #314
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,643

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    If history is any guide, there will be no free and fair elections in this country for several decades.

    Pretending to give a rip about who the Democratic Party nominates for whatever post is to ignore that fact.

    'Republicans' are criminals. They have obtained pretty much absolute control over all three branches of government through cheating and criminality.

    THEY WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO KEEP THAT POWER.

    Pol Pot was a pussycat compared to the hideous Dominionist/Prosperity Gospel reign of terror that is coming.
    Last edited by oznabrag; 10-13-2018 at 01:28 PM.
    Rattling the teacups.

  35. #315
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    27,456

    Default Re: Democrats will never get redemption until . . .

    I was in our local Trader Joe’s a couple of months ago and was being checked out by a lady with two sleeves a nose ring and Assorted other hardware. I asked her, as I frequently do when interacting with young people if she was registered to vote. She assured me she was also I then asked if she would be supporting Bredesen in his run for the Senate. She asked me “who is Bredesen” and I explained that he was the Democratic candidate for Tennessee’s open senate seat. Her response was “I will be voting for the most progressive candidate.” Since to my mind, that was and still is Bredesen (a moderate by any real measure) I said, “well, then you’ll be voting for Bredesen.” She said: “No, I will be voting for the most progressive candidate.” I replied: “by any chance do you know who the Republicans are running (Marsha Blackburn). she told me she did not, confirming that she was sufficiently out of touch to be aware of who the major party candidates were. Yet she insisted she was going to vote for the most progressive candidate, somebody I suppose neither she nor I could identify at that time. It was rather stunning for me and suggested the mountain that must be climbed, especially in the red states.
    Last edited by Lew Barrett; 10-13-2018 at 02:05 PM.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •