Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Susan Collins

Default Re: Susan Collins

In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    Let us not have you men tell us all what Collins may or may not be "doing for women." I imagine she has at least as good an idea as any of you.

Not all women think alike (after all). Millions of them in the US support Kavanaugh's appointment.

They don't need this bunch of elderly white men to figure it all out for them.
    My wife knows what she wants. My mother and sisters and nieces all know what they want. The women I work with know what they want. I think I'll listen to them and support them instead of one apologetic white man making excuses for what is inexcusable.

Collins now requires 24 hour police protection, her office has been vandalized and her female staffers have been threatened with rape.

None of the good citizens here seem bothered by this at all. I'm sure some wholeheartedly support it.

How about you? It's your thread.
    Any problem she is having is due to a small number of extremists. It could be one or it could be a dozen. What Kavanaugh and the GOP are doing is hurting millions. There is no comparison and your attempt at misdirection isn't working here.

You're smarter than this, or I always thought you were.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

No one is attacking his legitimacy, we're just horrified it was.Ref, post #72 or 73. Oh wait Obama wasn't born in the US, he was born in Kenya!
    Last edited by S.V. Airlie; 10-06-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    My wife knows what she wants. My mother and sisters and nieces all know what they want. The women I work with know what they want. I think I'll listen to them and support them instead of one apologetic [elderly] white man making excuses for what is inexcusable.

Any problem she is having is due to a small number of extremists. It could be one or it could be a dozen. What Kavanaugh and the GOP are doing is hurting millions. There is no comparison and your attempt at misdirection isn't working here.

You're smarter than this, or I always thought you were.
    Fixed that.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Fixed that.
    People say that age is in the mind and I always joke "and in the knees, in the back..."

However, in this case I think it is largely in the mind. Yes, thanks for fixing that.

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    yikes, dress her up in a black booted outfit then straight to the movies with her.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    yikes, dress her up in a black booted outfit then straight to the movies with her.
    I hope she's wearing a fire retardant outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    Has Jamie lost the plot?
    Funny!
    Well, Mr. Botard, do you still deny all rhinocerotic evidence?

There's a rumour that she is not going to run in 2020. That's logical, she's recently married and in her 60's

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    The NRA is a Russian funded terrorist organization.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

all the women I know know what they want
    Broaden your horizons some.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...naugh-prove-it

Donnie Jr. only cares about getting in his most recent flame's pants, Get Real SB. If he taught his kids to behave like he and his father do, he should worry about his boys. They'll end up not falling far from the tree.the rest is just not worth replying to

SB, your shtick is getting old.

Susan Collins pledges to serve two terms only...

(If you haven't figured it out yet, she's a liar)

Regardless, she'll go down as one of Maine's worst Senators.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Susan Collins pledges to serve two terms only...

(If you haven't figured it out yet, she's a liar)

She is in her fourth term now...

I suppose it is lost on those taking a crap on the courageous and principled Senator Collins, who certainly has not taken the easy way out, that they are demonizing a woman for not behaving as they think she should.

Shame on them.
    SB, you are truly ridiculous.

She is an elected REPRESENTATIVE. She should indeed listen to how people want her to behave. That's her job. Instead, she is listening to McConnell.

Republicans, as can be seen by quite objective and unarguable measures, uniformly ignore the will of the people. They have shown utter contempt for everyone but their narrow fanatic pro-Trump base.

And she certainly IS taking the easy way out. Toeing the party line, as all Republicans do.

I understand why she does this--personal gain. I don't get why rabid Trump apologists like you behave the way you do, though.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    SB, you are truly ridiculous.

She is an elected REPRESENTATIVE. She should indeed listen to how people want her to behave. That's her job. Instead, she is listening to McConnell.

Republicans, as can be seen by quite objective and unarguable measures, uniformly ignore the will of the people. They have shown utter contempt for everyone but their narrow fanatic pro-Trump base.

And she certainly IS taking the easy way out. Toeing the party line, as all Republicans do.

I understand why she does this--personal gain. I don't get why rabid Trump apologists like you behave the way you do, though.

Tom
    Deserves a bingo!

She's taken the hard road. If she'd voted down, the bunch here would be lionizing her, along with the elite press, the media dullards, and the filthy academy. Instead, she requires 24 hour police protection. War on Women doncha know.

But in the end, her vote was not dispositive, was it? Joe Manchin gave the nod, as well.

But we don't have any Manchin hate threads, do we? Instead we have this thread about Collins. Why is that?

She's taken the hard road. If she'd voted down, the bunch here would be lionizing her, along with the elite press, the media dullards, and the filthy academy. Instead, she requires 24 hour police protection. War on Women doncha know.

But in the end, her vote was not dispositive, was it? Joe Manchin gave the nod, as well.

But we don't have any Manchin hate threads, do we? Instead we have this thread about Collins. Why is that?
    The hard road meaning she couldn't stand on her principles, took orders from McNuggets and voted the party line SB, that hard road?

Sky Blue looses the argument then says "what about". That's how 8-year-olds argue. ridiculous....

~C. Ross

Why is the sky blue?
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Manchin isn't worth it. I wonder if he like Jr. Mint's twitter ridiculing him for his vote? He should change parties because when the chips are down and it matters, he votes Republican

My beef with Collins is her craven excuse making. Like she's happy with "Roe v Wade" is settled law as if that were a promise. Like her using "no corroborating evidence" as an excuse to simply ignore the problem of Kavanaugh lying under oath in two confirmation hearings. She was elected as a pro-choice moderate. She has shown her true color - a total lack of spine.

No "lack of spine" arguments for Democrat Joe Manchin?

Why pick on Collins? Because she's a woman?

No "lack of spine" arguments for Democrat Joe Manchin?

Well she is my senator, manchin is not, she has a long history of running on pro roe v wade here in my state, she just failed that promise remember 5 Republican judges voted for roe v wade it was 7 to 2, when it's over turned it will be 5 v4 and two of those 5 judge's will have been put into place without a super majority and after a year of stonewalling Garland. Kavanaugh just made the court as political as the house my faith in it is now gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    My beef with Collins is her craven excuse making. Like she's happy with "Roe v Wade" is settled law as if that were a promise. Like her using "no corroborating evidence" as an excuse to simply ignore the problem of Kavanaugh lying under oath in two confirmation hearings. She was elected as a pro-choice moderate. She has shown her true color - a total lack of spine.
    And then there's this Collins said the day before that she'd make her discussion at 3PM. She gave a speech hitting everyone of Grassley' points, one after another. It wasn't spontaneous at all, Grassley could have written the script and probably did. She had lunch with McNuggets too. There is no way that she hadn't made up her mind the day before, not one! Why did she try to make us think that she hadn't already made up her mind?

Dude - The title of the thread is (read it carefully, now) "Susan Collins"

That and she's a liar and a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    And then there's this Collins said the day before that she'd make her discussion at 3PM. She gave a speech hitting everyone of Grassley' points, one after another. It wasn't spontaneous at all, Grassley could have written the script and probably did. She had lunch with McNuggets too. There is no way that she hadn't made up her mind the day before, not one! Why did she try to make us think that she hadn't already made up her mind?
    I firmly believe she had made her mind up before Ms Ford testified.

No because as Senator she cares less for her citizens than confirming an unqualified idiot SB. I know that's too hard for you to understand though.

Why is it OK with the bunch here for one of their white male Senators, a Democrat, to vote to confirm Kavanaugh, but it is wrong for a Republican Senator, a woman, to do the very same thing?

Why is it OK with the bunch here for one of their white male Senators, a Democrat, to vote to confirm Kavanaugh, but it is wrong for a Republican Senator, a woman, to do the very same thing?
    Because it's normal for him to do so. We've known for years, he votes Republican when the chips are down. I just can't figure out why he can't be honest and join the delinquents on the Right.

Dude he represents his constituency West Virginia isn't Maine. I know most Republicans have forgotten that part of the job. I don't like his vote but I don't vote in his state.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    Dude he represents his constituency West Virginia isn't Maine. I know most Republicans have forgotten that part of the job. I don't like his vote but I don't vote in his state.
    But he's a Democrat, right? Where is his spine?

This is why all the silly arguments here about "supporting women" are crap. You don't even demand it from your own caucus if it might mean a problematic election!

And you have the nerve to claim that Collins, a woman, is spineless!