Thread: come in Wisconsin

Default come in Wisconsin

has anyone seen or heard about Sonja since 2017?

My displeasure with the new owner stems from unanswered emails or phone calls. He once bragged that he had pitch poled a boat, so my concern is great. He said he was anal, so I suspect she is torn apart in some shed fixing the one thing that I could not. The 22 fleet in Chicago is gone, so the boat will be quite noticeable.

Rich

Default Re: come in Wisconsin

nobody? last known was Reef Point marina in Racine Wi. she was 84 yrs old this year, April 22nd.

Sorry, Rich,

I wish I could help, but Racine is 6 hours away. FWIW, I haven't seen her around northern Wisconsin, though!

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

thank you Tom. hard to have to abandon a 40 year old dream. I know he was pissed after I could not type a history of Sonja for him. He wanted one but "asked" for it as what came through as a command, not a request. Chris Egan, editor of Rudder called asked me to try to put one together, but hell, this post took me half hour to type. The history is in my head, he can have it when I cross the bar. waiting for a stem cell breakthru.

Rich,

sorry to hear about what sounds like a tough time. Not only the way the new owner is treating you and (maybe) Sonja--sounds like you're facing some serious health issues, which I hadn't realized. I hope the bar is farther away than it looks.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Rich there is technology available to install on your computer to translate dictation onto text.

Here's one…….https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/...-use-dictation

he might be watching this thread, my access to his Pinterest site has been cut off. some of his Sonja photos from 2016. I'm not inclined to share a dang thing with him now. Find it yourself millionsquare, but you'll never have the documents that I dug up.

WI-Tom, I loaded it up but my sound card didn't talk to my mic. hoping to get my son to help.

Google-fu: First hit; image search for Sonja boat 22.
    She is for sale in Detroit.
    http://www.boatersresources.com/bfs_...hp?adid=470453
    Another picture from 2017: https://acbs.org/2017-acbs-internati...rs/sonja-metz/
    It looks like they <<(?)>> did some restoration work on her <<EDIT: These may be pictures of Rich's work>>
    Year 1937
    Length 37ft.
    Price USD $30,000
    Type: Pre-owned
    Categories: Sail
    Location Detroit, United States
    Hull Material Roplene
    Last edited by MN Dave; 10-15-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    Management is the art of counting beans. Leadership is the art of making every being count. --Joe Finch

My for sale broker ad.

Yes, my work. Mast step timber and surrounding floors and new fore keel in red lead. he got an almost new boat and barely paid for it. the broker had an attitude.

wrong year --1934, wrong length --38' 6", wth is Roplene?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich VanValkenburg View Post
    My for sale broker ad.

Yes, my work. Mast step timber and surrounding floors and new fore keel in red lead. he got an almost new boat and barely paid for it. the broker had an attitude.

wrong year --1934, wrong length --38' 6", wth is Roplene?
    Sorry about that. The ad has no date.
    FWIW, I looked it up and found that Roplene is roto-molded polyethylene. Obviously nonsense. Roplene was made by Triumph, the website says they are kaput. http://www.triumphboats.com/
    Management is the art of counting beans. Leadership is the art of making every being count. --Joe Finch