Thread: Blue peter schooner. Shipwreck on portezuelo beach, maldonado uruguay.

Default Blue peter schooner. Shipwreck on portezuelo beach, maldonado uruguay.

Hello,

my name is Matías Dourteau and I am writing regard about the shipwreck of "Blue Peter" schooner (1921) on the coast of Maldonado, Uruguay.
    We are an archaeological research team (C.I.P.A.C) of the "University of Republic" in Uruguay: cipac.cure.edu.uy
    At the moment we are investigating this shipwreck. We think that it could be the BLUE PETER schooner. According to local press we know that this accident happened 12 December 1921. Sadly, we do not have too many historical leads. However, we know that this ship was building by H. M. & R. L. BEAN. Furthermore, this ship was delivered in 1916 and its location was Camden, ME.
    We would like to know if you have any idea how to locate the historical archives or any data that could be useful for the identification of this ship.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Matías Dourteau.

Default Re: Blue peter schooner. Shipwreck on portezuelo beach, maldonado uruguay.

From the book; Four Masted Schooners by Paul Morris
    Blue Peter owned by Stewart Sanders & Co. Ny Ny. Burned off Uruguay, wreck towed in Dec. 13, 1921.
    Last edited by navydog; 09-13-2018 at 05:55 AM.

Default Re: Blue peter schooner. Shipwreck on portezuelo beach, maldonado uruguay.

Paul Morris references the annual List of Merchant Vessels of the United States and Lloyd's Register as major sources for ship information.

This book has a picture of Blue Peter just after launching Aug 4, 1917. Camden and Rockport Revisited

By Heather E. Moran, Camden-Rockport Historical Society

https://books.google.com
    Last edited by navydog; 09-12-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Last edited by navydog; 09-13-2018 at 05:57 AM.