Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: I知 now a power tool statistic

Default Re: I知 now a power tool statistic

Quote Originally Posted by leikec View Post
    I know...can't help myself.

Jeff C
    The low speed angle grinder with 36 grit paper ain稚 no joke, actually. I recently removed part of my knee with a moment痴 inattention.
    I also scooped out a bit of my thumb with one last year.

Peace,
    Robert

P.S. Full disclosure, I am constantly 鍍ouching the backside of my ryoba saw. The rip teeth will go right into your finger like kitten teeth!

Now CUT THAT OUT!!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

ALL OF YOU --

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

So sorry it happened to you. You致e got amazing stamina and presence of mind to drive the eight hours to the surgeon. I hope you will heal well and fast. Please keep us posted.

Once I cut the top of my pointer finger to the bone. It healed but it looks funny. Husband doesn稚 want me use power tools (few exceptions okay).
    Choose wisely -Treat kindly...

A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth...

S/V ORCA 38' Herreshoff Ketch

SWMBO got the powertool option - 'honeydo'. Works great. She's accident free.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Burlington, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.

A quick update. Accident happened Saturday 1100am, Surgery was a couple of hours Sunday at 1330pm. Released from the hospital Monday at 1200. Doc says I should get use of my thumb back. Got home Monday at 2030pm. Tuesday was ok, worked in the office most of the day. Tuesday evening a bunch of neighbors showed up and finished putting in the rafter tail sisters on my roof project that I had been working on. They have arranged a big crew for this weekend to strip the old roof and install the new steel roof, soffits, and fascia for me. Today (Wednesday) I sort of crashed. Slept in until 1030, a bad case of the back door trots (probably from the antibiotics) and generally feeling like I've been hit by a truck. I guess the adrenaline well has run dry. Throbbing pain that is making me second guess my decision not to get the prescription for pain killers filled. One of my neighbors gifted me a little bag of herbal pain relief, I think I'm going to try a pipe full of that with a couple of fingers of scotch and see if I can get a good nights sleep.
    Stay calm, be brave....wait for the signs. Possibly precariously prevaricating.

Sorry. Thus is the hard part for me. A few days later. Hurts like heck. Hang in there.

Thanks for the update. Get that sleep, with whatever chemistry comes to hand... and don't be playing about with the rafters yourself yet!
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McMahon View Post
    Tuesday evening a bunch of neighbors showed up and finished putting in the rafter tail sisters on my roof project that I had been working on. They have arranged a big crew for this weekend to strip the old roof and install the new steel roof, soffits, and fascia for me. Today (Wednesday) I sort of crashed. Slept in until 1030, a bad case of the back door trots (probably from the antibiotics) and generally feeling like I've been hit by a truck. I guess the adrenaline well has run dry. Throbbing pain that is making me second guess my decision not to get the prescription for pain killers filled. One of my neighbors gifted me a little bag of herbal pain relief, I think I'm going to try a pipe full of that with a couple of fingers of scotch and see if I can get a good nights sleep.
    The people of Newfoundland have to be among the best neighbours anyone could have.

A quick update. Accident happened Saturday 1100am, Surgery was a couple of hours Sunday at 1330pm. Released from the hospital Monday at 1200. Doc says I should get use of my thumb back. Got home Monday at 2030pm. Tuesday was ok, worked in the office most of the day. Tuesday evening a bunch of neighbors showed up and finished putting in the rafter tail sisters on my roof project that I had been working on. They have arranged a big crew for this weekend to strip the old roof and install the new steel roof, soffits, and fascia for me. Today (Wednesday) I sort of crashed. Slept in until 1030, a bad case of the back door trots (probably from the antibiotics) and generally feeling like I've been hit by a truck. I guess the adrenaline well has run dry. Throbbing pain that is making me second guess my decision not to get the prescription for pain killers filled. One of my neighbors gifted me a little bag of herbal pain relief, I think I'm going to try a pipe full of that with a couple of fingers of scotch and see if I can get a good nights sleep.
    Good to have good neighbours.
    R
    Sleep with one eye open.

Did you try the acetaminophen and ibuprofen?

Great to hear about the neighbors helping out - but not so much about the pain. Hopefully the herbs will help. My experiences is that it doesn't so much cut the pain, but makes it easier to ignore (or at least not focus on) it.

Years ago I was building a door for my house in a friend's shop. Working too late & too tired & I removed the end of a ring finger on a table saw. Got it sewn back up, but needed a day or 2 to recover. Thing was, it was the front door to my house & early December. I had blankets up over the opening, but not a great solution. The day after the ER trip my friend who owned the shop showed up with finished door & installed it for me.

Friends & neighbors are wonderful things.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Good news, Steve. Good neighbours are a lovely thing, and Newfoundland has an embarrassment of riches in that department. Do pay attention to the doctors' orders about how much and when you can use the hand; even at your advanced age <wink, grin>, it's a long time between now and your demise to be fussing with a disabled hand caused by your bravado. As to the herbal pain reliever, a friend put it rather succinctly: "Pot doesn't take the pain away; it just makes you not care about the pain".
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Thanks for the report. I raise a glass of morphine to your speedy recovery.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Burlington, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.

A dozen guys showed up with their tool belts today. Some of them I had never met. Stripped the old asphalt shingles, installed the new rafter tails I had started, new fascia boards, refastened the roof boards, installed the storm-tight barrier, and put on the new steel roof. They even brought a dump trailer and hauled the old shingles to the dump. Not too bad for a hundred bucks worth of beer, pop, and pizza. I've got a few more screws to put in the roof, but I can handle that with one hand. A couple of the guys are going to come by next weekend to help put in the new soffits. I love the people where I live. They started to show up around 0900, and we were done by 1630. The torrential rain hit around 1800. What a beautiful sound on the new steel roof!
    Stay calm, be brave....wait for the signs. Possibly precariously prevaricating.

A dozen guys showed up with their tool belts today. Some of them I had never met. Stripped the old asphalt shingles, installed the new rafter tails I had started, new fascia boards, refastened the roof boards, installed the storm-tight barrier, and put on the new steel roof. They even brought a dump trailer and hauled the old shingles to the dump. Not too bad for a hundred bucks worth of beer, pop, and pizza. I've got a few more screws to put in the roof, but I can handle that with one hand. A couple of the guys are going to come by next weekend to help put in the new soffits. I love the people where I live. They started to show up around 0900, and we were done by 1630. The torrential rain hit around 1800. What a beautiful sound on the new steel roof!
    They were only there because they new you壇 be first in line to help THEM.

Which is how it should be. Sounds like paradise.

Heal well.

Peace,
    Robert

Just rocks.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Truly excellent.

I used to live in a town like this.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Excellent. The best of the best.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem