Thread: Schooner Adix Seen Today

Default Schooner Adix Seen Today

This boat looked beautiful this morning, anchored in Shelter Island Sound between Greenport and Shelter Island, New York.

She's 212 feet ... and not wood... according to her website. Apparently owned by a Spanish family and homeported in London, if her name and hail are accurate.

More to come...

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

I first saw her at dawn and what a sight against the red, pre-dawn gloam. The light was not sufficient for the phone alas...

Here are a few more, like the others, taken at noon.

Her flag was touching the water... OOPS!

Still, she was spectacular from every angle.

Enjoy!

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Default Re: Schooner Adix Seen Today

ADIX sailed past us under her lowers on Wednesday, heading west. She was about four miles offshore, tacking and plunging into the southwest wind and swell, an impressive sight. If she sailed around Cape Cod to Long Island she would have been something to see from the high dunes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro1ahZy7mzg
    If I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, eventually they would find me attractive.

Gorgeous. She has long been one of my favorite sights.

I first saw her anchored off Northeast Harbor, Maine, in '86, back when she was named Jessica and carried square topsails on her foremast. (She has since been cosmetically improved by a much longer counter stern, too.) I fell head over heels in love, and applied for a job aboard that autumn, but no luck: she was in the process of being sold (16m!) and they weren't taking on crew. I always regret not getting that berth.

Alex

Leo from the Tally Ho project was a former full time crew member and still, I think, part time. We’ve seen her here in Portland. Just spectacular.

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

She ain't all that pretty under sail , compared to a boat like Columbia.
    Her sheer seems to flatten out when heeled.

That's a 35' Carriacou Sloop with Columbia and The Blue Peter ,64',with Adix.
    We see them sailing together in the Antigua Classic .Columbia is a shockingly beautiful boat underway.These are my wifes photos.
    Last edited by wizbang 13; 09-02-2018 at 07:56 PM.