Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building a Wharram Hitia 14

Default Re: Building a Wharram Hitia 14

In this video I am glueing the stiffeners and deck supports to the bulkheads. I also have started stitching the second hull.

In this video I am stitching the side panels of the second hull together. At the end of the video I am taking a look at the drawings to see how to stitch the bulkheads. I then discover that I have glued the stiffeners on the wrong sides on 6 of the bulkheads. So now I will soon discover how easy or difficult it is to remove the epoxied stiffeners and deck supports.

I'm not sure if I understand the intended build process here. Anyway; The nice thing about using epoxy is that, if worst comes to worst, you can always just grind it off.

In this video I am glueing the stiffeners and deck supports again on the bulkheads, but now on the correct side. I discovered this mistake a couple of days ago. I think I don't have to remove the incorrect ones, just remove a little bit at places where these wrongly placed stiffeners and deck supports are in the way. I also started making a stand for one hull.