Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building a Wharram Hitia 14

Default Re: Building a Wharram Hitia 14

In this video I am glueing the stiffeners and deck supports to the bulkheads. I also have started stitching the second hull.

In this video I am stitching the side panels of the second hull together. At the end of the video I am taking a look at the drawings to see how to stitch the bulkheads. I then discover that I have glued the stiffeners on the wrong sides on 6 of the bulkheads. So now I will soon discover how easy or difficult it is to remove the epoxied stiffeners and deck supports.

I'm not sure if I understand the intended build process here. Anyway; The nice thing about using epoxy is that, if worst comes to worst, you can always just grind it off.

In this video I am glueing the stiffeners and deck supports again on the bulkheads, but now on the correct side. I discovered this mistake a couple of days ago. I think I don't have to remove the incorrect ones, just remove a little bit at places where these wrongly placed stiffeners and deck supports are in the way. I also started making a stand for one hull.

Its good to remove any extra weight you can out of these little cats. Its surprising how quickly the little bits add up. Won't take long to plane them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Geftb View Post
    Its good to remove any extra weight you can out of these little cats. Its surprising how quickly the little bits add up. Won't take long to plane them off.
    Thank you for your comment. I thought about it, and I agree with you. I will remove the wrongly placed stiffeners and deck supports to save weight and stick to the building plan.

In this video I first clean up the workshop. Then I do some work on placing the stiffeners and deck supports on 2 bulkheads (again). I also assemble one of the stands for the hull. I use epoxy and some nails to keep it all together while the epoxy dries. Later I will add fillets to the stand to make it all stronger.