Page 1 of 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: US and Australia cut palestinian funding

Default US and Australia cut palestinian funding

Is this latest move by the embattled US administration simply a dog whistle to the right wing religious lunatic fringe or does it display some sense of rational that humanitarian aid not be used to support terrorist acts. Certainly at the least it's a solid indictment of the UN for openly supporting the palestinian combatants. It's not like anyone is denying the payments or that aid intended for food, shelter, clothing, education is being disseminated by the UN to combatants.

For decades UN aid has been used to reward the families of palestinian murderers and terrorists. Yearly stipends and direct payments are paid out of what is supposed to be humanitarian aid, food clothing, shelter. With the UN refusing to acknowledge the hypocrisy and refusing to segregate combatants who'm by charter they are NOT allowed to assist.

Something has been fishy at UNRWA for a very long time

https://www.jta.org/2018/07/02/top-h...nts-terrorists

https://www.yahoo.com/news/palestini...101144345.html

Maybe with more and more countries joining this boycott and divest movement we will finally see some movement in the right direction by the UN.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Default Re: US and Australia cut palestinian funding

I smell BiBi's exhaust here!

Trump Doctrine: Someone gets to suffer.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...071620633.html

Gunness, the agency's spokesman, told Al Jazeera that if UNRWA didn't receive emergency cash injection in the next 30 days, when its funds are expected to run dry, a "doomsday scenario" could unfold.

"Let there be no mistake; this decision is likely to have a devastating impact on the lives of 526,000 children who receive a daily education from UNRWA; 3.5 million sick people who come to our clinics for medical care; 1.7 million food insecure people who receive assistance from us, and tens of thousands of vulnerable women, children and disabled refugees who come to us.

"If we don't fill a funding gap of $217m very quickly, they are all likely to suffer"

U.S. joins the genocide.
    Creationists aren't mad - they're possessed of demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    Is this latest move by the embattled US administration simply a dog whistle to the right wing religious lunatic fringe or does it display some sense of rational that humanitarian aid not be used to support terrorist acts. Certainly at the least it's a solid indictment of the UN for openly supporting the palestinian combatants. It's not like anyone is denying the payments or that aid intended for food, shelter, clothing, education is being disseminated by the UN to combatants.

For decades UN aid has been used to reward the families of palestinian murderers and terrorists. Yearly stipends and direct payments are paid out of what is supposed to be humanitarian aid, food clothing, shelter. With the UN refusing to acknowledge the hypocrisy and refusing to segregate combatants who'm by charter they are NOT allowed to assist.

Something has been fishy at UNRWA for a very long time

https://www.jta.org/2018/07/02/top-h...nts-terrorists

https://www.yahoo.com/news/palestini...101144345.html

Maybe with more and more countries joining this boycott and divest movement we will finally see some movement in the right direction by the UN.
    There will be militants daring to risk their own lives as long as injustice endures, and as we have seen in N.Ireland, it takes some time to silence the guns even after an agreement has been reached.

With Bibi at the helm and with giants such as Uri Avnery deceased, it won´t be too long before Jews and Arabs reconcile their differences, even if it requires constraining current Israeli policy between a rock and a hard place:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/o...-a8502831.html

So the US and Australia should continue supporting the UN as it openly supports the palestinian war effort ?

So the US and Australia should continue supporting the UN as it openly supports the palestinian war effort ?
    What's wrong with the Palestinians fighting to get their home back?

What are you doing about it?

If military vehicles from a government you are not a citizen of, pulls up in front of your home, and tells you you have five minutes to get out, because your home is going to be bulldozed.....

.... what would YOU do?

The difference between a terrorist and a fredom fighter is purely a matter of perspective.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    If military vehicles from a government you are not a citizen of, pulls up in front of your home, and tells you you have five minutes to get out, because your home is going to be bulldozed.....

.... what would YOU do?

The difference between a terrorist and a fredom fighter is purely a matter of perspective.
    Yup, perspective. If my Ancestor and the other revolutionaries that signed the Declaration of Independence and England had won, they'd be swinging on the gallows at Tyburn. As it is, the colonies won and they are revered.

Originally Posted by Boston
    The organisation's chief spokesperson, Chris Gunness, told the BBC the impact of the US move would be devastating.
    "It's likely to be widespread, profound, dramatic and unpredictable because, let's make no mistake, some of the most marginalised and fragile and vulnerable communities in the Middle East are going to likely suffer because of this."
    Mr Gunness says 526,000 schoolchildren receive a Unrwa education every day, while it also assists "1.7 million food insecure people".
    "We do assistance to disabled refugees, to women, to vulnerable children. The list goes on and, as I say, the impact on them is likely to be utterly devastating."

Unrwa says it is facing increased demand for its services due to a rise in Palestinian refugees
    Boston you are either a liar who knows they are lying or as ignorant as a half brick.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

The add hominem attacks tell me that I hit the nail on the head and those who wish to disagree do so out of some emotional need rather than an informed opinion.

The fact is that millions every year are diverted to pay for terrorism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bd0f778f7e69

So the question boils down to "should the UN use humanitarian aid money to support middle eastern terrorism"?

Those pesky facts again getting in the way of your prefered belief ?

The add hominem attacks tell me that I hit the nail on the head and those who wish to disagree do so out of some emotional need rather than an informed opinion.

So the question boils down to "should the UN use humanitarian aid money to support middle eastern terrorism"?

Should the US sell arms to Israel to bomb Lebanon?

Originally Posted by Boston

Still repeating the lie.
    Two problems
    1. President [Mahmoud] Abbas is not the UN, and certainly not United Nations Relief and Works Agency (Unrwa)
    2. From your own link
      A big problem is definitional. Netanyahu refers to “terrorists and their families.” In the Palestinian Authority’s budget, one can find $350 million in annual payments to Palestinian prisoners, “martyrs” and injured, but can one with certainty say they are all terrorists?
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Did you read the whole article in your link, or just the headline and Netanyahu's speech? I don't think it supports your case the way you think it does.
    It’s really hard to define ‘virtue signalling’, as I was saying the other day to some of my Muslim friends over a fair-trade coffee in our local feminist bookshop. (Lucy Porter 2018)

Still the add hominem attacks in place of a factually based response LMAO

FACT is that the UN knows Abbas will pay out the terrorist
    FACT is the UNWRA refuses to segregate combatants from non combatants within the camps.

NEXT

Still the add hominem attacks in place of a factually based response LMAO

FACT is that the UN knows Abbas will pay out the terrorist
    FACT is the UNWRA refuses to segregate combatants from non combatants within the camps.

NEXT
    You say it's fact, where's your actual proof that it is?

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    You say it's fact, where's your actual proof that it is?

Oh please. Try listening to Abbas himself LOL
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/abbas-...as-last-penny/

You might want to educate yourself on the issues facing the UNWRA when it obviously ignores aiding combatants

http://www.unhcr.org/3eeede024.pdf
    Last edited by Boston; 09-01-2018 at 03:01 PM.

.......... As it is, the colonies won and they are revered.
    More importantly, colonies and colonials thereafter reenacted their old ties of kinship and friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by carioca1232001 View Post
    More importantly, colonies and colonials thereafter reenacted their old ties of kinship and friendship.
    With time, I'd say so but, Trump is putting quite a strain on it.

Quote Originally Posted by P.I. Stazzer-Newt View Post
    U.S. joins the genocide.
    …and the Australian government buries it's nose in the usual place as per orders.

I’m so ashamed of my country’s actions!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

With time, I'd say so but, Trump is putting quite a strain on it.
    Ah the false narrative suggesting native peoples aren't native peoples, always a good one.

Once again a quick review of the facts reveals the Judaic people are the native peoples of the area and the term palestinian in reference to a group was only first used after the 67 war.

Even the UN knew there was no normal definition that could satisfy any claim of native status to the Arabs living in Judea so they invented a real whopper.

Palestine refugees are defined as “persons whose normal place of residence was Palestine during the period 1 June 1946 to 15 May 1948, and who lost both home and meansof livelihood as a result of the 1948 conflict.” ... Today, some 5 million Palestine refugees are eligible for UNRWAservices.

Which has nothing to do with ethnicity or genetics heritage, native affiliation, actually it has nothing to do with place of birth or native homeland at all.

So the analogy of colonists once again is clearly designed to place a false spin on the situation and mislead the less informed.

I hope BiBi thanked Trump for the US weaponry he's got so that he can bomb kids in Lebanon Boston.

I hope BiBi thanked Trump for the US weaponry he's got so that he can bomb kids in Lebanon Boston.
    Awesome bait and switch. OK I'll bite. I'm sure he did. But he didn't get it from Trump, Trump's an idiot, he probably got it under the deal Obama extended. Our allies generally get deals on hardware if they buy enough of it. Israel is one of our best customers.

So what does that have to do with the UNWRA illegally supporting terrorists ?

I'm sure as you recall neither the US or Israel operates under the mandate of neutrality the UNWRA does.

All the kicking and screaming in the world aren't going to change the facts.

I understand it's frustrating to be on the wrong end of such an emotionally charged topic, but the facts are that the Judaic people are the native people and the UNWRA is illegally supporting terrorists. The right thing to do is demand the UN adhere to its own charter and stop supporting combatants in the middle east conflict. If that means cutting off funding until they learn to comply then so be it.

Awesome bait and switch. OK I'll bite. I'm sure he did. But he didn't get it from Trump, Trump's an idiot, he probably got it under the deal Obama extended. Our allies generally get deals on hardware if they buy enough of it. Israel is one of our best customers.

So what does that have to do with the UNWRA illegally supporting terrorists ?

I'm sure as you recall neither the US or Israel operates under the mandate of neutrality the UNWRA does.
    Not personally Duh, He made a deal with BiBikins, in fact, the government sells arms and gives money every year to Israel. You don't care that BiBi goes right into another country and picks sides. Has Lebanon lobbed any misses into Israel Boston? BiBi is the agreer here, maybe Trump should end the cash flow to Israel too.Oh wait, Lebanon is full of dumb Araabs, why should Trump care?

The palestinians get plenty of money. They just waste most of it on terrorism. Are the musilms inside Israel proper starving? The violence can only end when the palestinians want it to end. What does the stabbing campaign really accomplish? None of the current deaths are necessary except to stop terrorists gaining access to Israel. Their wish is to push the Jews into the sea. What does that mean, exactly????? In fairness, can Israel push the palestinians into the desert?

Boston and ontheborder should get together

Again the opposing argument consists of nothing but add hominem attacks which is indicative of a lack of factual support.

Again the opposing argument consists of nothing but add hominem attacks which is indicative of a lack of factual support.
    I haven't attacked you so don't dare lay it on my door Boston. BiBi get federal aid from the US gov. They spend most on American Arms, BiBi is using American arms to bomb kids in school buses. One bus was destroyed about a week ago. Lebanon is going through a civil war, what the heck is BiBi getting involved? Did Lebanon attack Israel? I don't think so. So, Trump should take the funding away from the Israelis don't you think? Then again, Trump thinks killing Araabs is a good thing. He's giving arms to Assad too and Asaad is using them to kill civilians. Go Trump go!

No, LOL he doesn't get aid, he get's a discount on military hardware. He's required to spend it on US arms. It's NOT humanitarian aid. That's another false narrative spread by the pro terrorists.

Lebanon is home to terrorist forces which attack Israel. Israel isn't about to let those forces organize and launch even more effective attacks. If Lebanon won't do anything about it, Israel will. The US does the same thing. So the issue isn't about an attack against Lebanon, it's about an attack against terrorist forces within Lebanon organizing to attack Israel.

Trump is a racist pig and will, hopefully, be behind bars soon enough. or not soon enough as the case may be.

If we're lucky, and I don't think we are, the PA will divest itself of the terrorists, disallow any further payments to the terrorists or the terrorists families and the UNWRA will segregate non combatants from combatants, those who aid combatants, and descendants of combatants and remove them from the list of refugees eligible for aid. Which is EXACTLY what they should have done frmo the start.
    Last edited by Boston; 09-01-2018 at 07:44 PM.

So the children should pay for the sins of their fathers? Very biblical.
    I really don't see any way this whole fustercluck will ever be resolved, people have long memories, and way too many grievances on both sides.
    I also don't see how either side can guarantee to prevent terrorist attacks, any more than (for example) the US could stop it's weekly mass shooting - the bad behavior on both sides was culturally normalized decades ago. To somehow expect otherwise is pure fantasy.

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

Great excuse but no. Biblical has nothing to do with it.

The FACTS are very simple. No where else are the descendants refugees for endless generations eligible for UN aid. No where else are combatants not only openly given aid but allowed to work for the UNWRA. Where else did the UN refuse to follow it's own charter on aiding combatants ? Biblical has nothing to do with it. How many generations will it take before everyone on the planet is eligible for UNWRA assistance ?

THe geneva conventions are very clear on combatants, people who aid combatants and those suspected of aiding combatants not being eligible for refugee status until their case is settled by the host nation or controlling power. Yet the UNWRA has refused to cooperate with the internationally agreed conduct of war and insists on ignoring it's own charters mandate of neutrality in this issue.

Pretending these facts are some kinda biblical nonsense is just another attempt to belittle a factual based view rather than an emotional based one.

Fact: Nowhere else are the descendants of refugees cooped up in a little piece of sandpit by the sea, for generations, with no remedy in law for what is an ongoing landgrab, which continues to this day.
    Fact: Little children don't aid combatants.
    Fact: Both sides are guilty of some pretty disgusting acts.
    Fact: One side has a much bigger budget, which it effectively uses to prosecute an entire population, for the terrorist acts of what is probably a fairly small minority.

Question: How do you think the problems might be resolved, to the satisfaction of both sides? Autonomy and land for the Palestinians (and not some $hitty piece of useless desert), and security for Israel?

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

Well at least you're consistent

The portion of non Judaic people living in Judea that you are referring to are obviously those in Gaza and they're an independent conglomeration of North African peoples who've created their own reality. That Hamas charter vowing genocide against Israel, might just have something to do with the ongoing blockade against them. PS they could have declared statehood any time after the Israeli's pulled out since they are completely independent and spend their time and energy improving their own condition except they'd rather build terror tunnels and fire rockets into Israel.

you might try and at least be fair,

For instance it was Egypt that grabbed Gaza and then gave it to Israel to deal with, Israel gave it to the remnant Arab armies rather than enact the geneva conventions and repatriate the combatants in that particular area. So it was actually Egypt that land grabbed Gaza, and Israel that once again gave up land for peace, even when peace wasn't forthcoming.

Your second point is a classic bait and switch and my assessment of the uniqueness of the situation remains valid.

Your third point is a classic false equivalence. Israel is simply defending itself, it's the so called palestinians that strap bombs onto children and send rover on over.

Your fourth point is just silly, the object of war is not to die in equal numbers. If you're going to blame Israel for winning you might as well blame them for breathing while your at it.

Your last is an interesting question.

I don't think it can be solved to the satisfaction of both parties, the Israeli's just want one small corner of their original native homeland and the Arabs want the Israeli's dead. There's not a lot of room for negotiation given the goals involved.

The pali's were given about 80% of the mandated area for a state and named it Jordan, they weren't happy and wanted the Israeli's dead, then they were given Gaza and could have made that a state as well, they didn't, they just wanted the Israeli's dead. Now they're crying for another state, when it's pretty clear they will never be satisfied no matter how many states they have and just want the Israeli's dead.

Where's the sense in negotiating when having given them a state twice already they're still hell bent on slaughtering the Israeli's.

I think it's high time the Israeli's play hardball and do the UNs work for them by segregating combatants and non combatants exactly as specified in the Geneva conventions and repatriating them to the nearest embarkation point. The only reason they haven't so far is that they keep trying to play nice guy and work a measured response rather than just go for the victory and only allow legitimate refugees to remain in the country.

I realize it's a radical aprpoach but the Israeli's have tried everything and the pali's are simply hell bent on genocide. So throw the bums out would be the most likely solution to succeed. IMHO.

What the Israeli's need to learn to do is work the PR campaign a little better before they take any drastic action to this end. But can you imagine any other host country putting up with a hostile force of combatants hiding within a refugee population. It just would never happen.
    Last edited by Boston; 09-02-2018 at 02:02 AM.