Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are doomed

Default Re: We are doomed

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    What? and admit that there are some thing a politician cannot solve with his party's policies?

No, I reckon that such an occurrence and coming on so quickly is beyond their comprehension. I think if they actually believed then even they would not be so foolish as to waste everybody's time on such petty disputes.
    Likely if things did go down hill quickly, they would still be looking to be the top guy in any get together to sort things out. Think about the UN, just a talking shop full of egos and self interest. Complete waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
    Likely if things did go down hill quickly, they would still be looking to be the top guy in any get together to sort things out. Think about the UN, just a talking shop full of egos and self interest. Complete waste of space.
    I disagree. The world is better for the UN's existence. National egos hamstring it's effectiveness but it's still very much better than nothing.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

The UN's make up was flawed from the start the WW2 allies demanded a veto, and the US was amongst the loudest.
    They still don't play well with others.
    Periodically in my career I was subject to management generated courses on how to run the operation better, in one case I'd don the same 'course' some years previously and all they'd done was change the cover on the same manual. First question, "Does this new system apply to senior management, the MD and the board? Because if not we are just waisting our time here.".
    Never a popular question because it never did, and the so called 'lecturer' was disarmed from the start.
    But then the whole process was a fraud from the start.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 08-31-2018 at 05:30 PM.