Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser adaptations

Default Re: Laser adaptations

Quote Originally Posted by paulf View Post
    On LASERS, I've used a Criterion system to do watershed studies.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulf View Post
    Along with a precise survey grade GPS you can:

From one location, acquire your position to sub CM accuracy, then collect data from all surrounding trees and Geo features, range and height, base to top.
    From these data, sent to a GIS package a whole map can be generated, Trees species, size, locations of all features etc.

Accurate tilt sensors and mag field sensor make the angular calculations very accurately.

So the technology is there to act as a clivity level.

So at last there I someone that appreciates there is a problem applying laser technology to the problem I had which there wasn't in my day.

Default Re: Laser adaptations

Quote Originally Posted by George Ray View Post
    Seems most small laser levels are only that "LEVELS", i.e. gravity referenced. I recently got a higher end BOSCH 3-axis laser that allows locking the prism and so one is able to project a line/plane where ever one wants. If you want to connect two points on a plane(wall) it is a piece of cake. If however you wanted to find the intersection of a 2D plane with some random thing complex shape you would need to fiddle and create/understand the reference points and set-up/mount the BOSCH just so but when you get it all lined up . . . . VOILA!
    Perhaps yours is this model George http://www.bosch-professional.com/ng...601066g04.html looking at the specs I think I could have utilised that on our problem by setting up say 12" forward/abaft of frame line tilted to the appropriate declivity (there were several for different vessels) panned over setting the top the Bulkhead or whatever, that facility wasn't available in my day.

Thanks everyone.