Thread: Back in Port Townsend

Default Back in Port Townsend

We are back in Port Townsend after spending nearly nine months working on "Bright Star" in California. The new engine a Beta 16 really is smooth and quiet! Normally we would travel up I 5 covering 1300 mi portal to portal in three and a half days. But the smoke from the massive Carr Fire in California caused us to change to the coastal Rt. up 101 through the redwoods. Everyone else chose that as well and it took us 41/2 days to cover the distance that turned out to be 1450 miles and change due to all the curves on that route. It is a snakey road to drive but beautiful if you have not had the pleasure of takng the coast route from S California to the North. Traffic was bumper to bumper in some places and going was really slow! Half way through Oregon, the smoke from the northern fires hit us and breathing became less than wonderful! We could actually smell the resin from the burning fir trees in the air. What a challenge to our patience it was! But, we are, finally home where we can work on boat projects again without interruption from side projects.
    Jay

Default Re: Back in Port Townsend

Welcome back to the NW, Jay.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Jay, will you be at the Festival next month? We are coming from Maine and it would be nice to say hello in person.

Thanks guys, I will be at the festival but I will not be doing a presentation this year. We could meet at a place and time that fits your schedule as i am open for a visit.
    Jay

I remember taking that drive once and being amazed by the huge sand dunes along one stretch of the coast.
    If I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, eventually they would find me attractive.

Yeah, some of those dunes are 500 feet high. Pretty amazing! I have always wanted to stop and explore but am always in a hurry.
    Jay

We were talking about this boat we saw last weekend up near Witch Island near South Bristol and your name came up, Jay. Do you know her? Can you tell us about her?

330C0B76-809E-499E-A001-F640BC2DB542.jpg

Sorry Steven, that is not a boat I have ever seen. It does look to be well appreciated and well set up though.
    Jay

No worries. We heard it came from your area and the carved carousel horse figurehead made us think of you I guess.

I hope to see all of youse guys at the WB Festival in two weeks. Didn't enter my new CY in the show but plan to bring her up anyway, and probably hit the Oregon Coots event at Lake Paulina on the way home the following weekend.
    "The enemies of reason have a certain blind look."
    Doctor Jacquin to Lieutenant D'Hubert, in Ridley Scott's first major film _The Duellists_.

For those of you who are going to be at the WB Festival who might want to have a bit of a chat, I will be wearing a black BYC baseball cap and using a pair of ski poles for curb feelers as I fall in the gutter a lot!
    Hope to see you there!
    Jay aka Bird