Thread: Forum software problem

Default Forum software problem

It used to be if one posted to a thread one would receive one email update when the next person posted and then no more. The email footer even said and still says "There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

About two months ago it all changed. Now every single addition to every thread to which I've ever posted appears in my email box. Threads I've long since lost interest in drag on and on and on in my email. Sure, I return to the forum daily, and I suppose that's the problem, but it used to not be that way.

Sure, I can turn off email notifications, but that's not quite the solution I expect to have to institute.

Scot, can you put it back the way it was, please?

Thanks.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

Default Re: Forum software problem

I’ve never received an email notification from the forum. And wouldn’t want any. If I want to check on threads I’ve posted to I just click on Subscribed threads under Quick Links. Every thread I’ve posted to comes up and if it’s been posted to since I’ve visited it’ll be in bold.

To check recent posts I use Today’s Posts under Quick Links if I want to include the Bilge and What’s New if I don’t want to include the Bilge.