Thread: Something to consider

Default Something to consider

"Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Default Re: Something to consider

I think most of my expelled gas contains high concentrations of nano solids. That’s where the taste comes from.

Talk about under-appreciated...

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    I think most of my expelled gas contains high concentrations of nano solids. That’s where the taste comes from.
    oh ****
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    oh ****
    Eggsactly

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    oh ****
    Oil sucking nano sponges, actually. That’s where they come from.

What? Like you have the worst poo job? Nobody wants to be a sponge sifter...

Peace,
    Robert

Until you get a dose of "beaver fever" and your body loses that ability to discriminate between solid, liquid and gas ....every f@rt is a gamble...

'Here is sit, broken-hearted...'
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Proof of intelligent design. And the degree of unreliability proves the divine origins of scatological humour.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Remember, all smells are particulate
    It’s really hard to define ‘virtue signalling’, as I was saying the other day to some of my Muslim friends over a fair-trade coffee in our local feminist bookshop. (Lucy Porter 2018)

I dunno. Some of them seem to come in waves ...
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Per my MIL after a trip to India : "Happiness is a dry fart."
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Per my MIL after a trip to India : "Happiness is a dry fart."
    That was actually the original Beatles title.

And, now you know why everyone thought Sir Paul was a downer.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    That was actually the original Beatles title.

And, now you know why everyone thought Sir Paul was a downer.

Peace,
    Robert
    I can see you haven't eaten in Liverpool...
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Oy! There are sensitive scousers here. Have some respect
    It’s really hard to define ‘virtue signalling’, as I was saying the other day to some of my Muslim friends over a fair-trade coffee in our local feminist bookshop. (Lucy Porter 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by isla View Post
    sensitive scousers
    Now THAT is an oxymoron.
    -William A. Ward

Nup. Never been over on that side of the pond. My wife and I have both wanted to sail back from there, though, and particularly to stop in the Azores and sail thence to New York, like my grand and her great grand generation. A schooner would be preferable for this dream trip. We have a picture of the schooner her great grandmother came over on.

What? I don’t know. It’s still smoky out, so I’m still trapped.

Peace,
    Robert

It’s still smoky out, so I’m still trapped.
    The air quality is so bad, I can't lay bricks or push the wheelbarrow of sand the hundred yards from the one house to the other. Gotta quit around three, and it's only in the nineties. If there wasn't the smoke, I'd be out there until sunset. And I need to get done with that shirt; there's not a lot of summer left for all the other shirt on my plate.

Back to the OP, sorta.

www.vox.com/2015/1/22/7871579/poop-feces

I didn't read the whole article but the rest of the story as far as solids and gas and my point, fifty to eighty percent of the mass of a bolus or turd, is comprised of the gut microbes, mostly alive and some dead, and your gas is the natural digestive biproduct of your gut flora, and it relates to the growth and attrition of the gut population, and it's progress in the forward flowing process of extracting nutrients via uptake of the water that is the rest of the mass, such that the gas and the solid alternate and the one promotes the continued progress of the other, driving the muscular vascular motions which constitue the 'movement.' More chemistry for the microbes dinner, the population multiplies and the growth of the mass is registered. Variations in that, and the diet, also explain why your weight might vary by as much as a few pounds day to day, just for the water necessary for whatever you're processing. IE, you're not really putting on three pounds of fat because you had cheesecake two nights in a row. Depending on the variables, you might be processing some big chunk of hay for days, and lots of protein, like sixteen ounce steak, like if you killed a llama and ate the whole haunch in a sitting, takes a while.

IIRC.

TMI?
    Last edited by Jim Mahan; 08-10-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    I don't care to know what the tough do when the going gets tough.

I am interested in what the enlightened do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    The air quality is so bad, I can't lay bricks or push the wheelbarrow of sand the hundred yards from the one house to the other. Gotta quit around three, and it's only in the nineties. If there wasn't the smoke, I'd be out there until sunset. And I need to get done with that shirt; there's not a lot of summer left for all the other shirt on my plate.

Back to the OP, sorta.

www.vox.com/2015/1/22/7871579/poop-feces

I didn't read the whole article but the rest of the story as far as solids and gas and my point, fifty to eighty percent of the mass of a bolus or turd, is comprised of the gut microbes, mostly alive and some dead, and your gas is the natural digestive biproduct of your gut flora, and it relates to the growth and attrition of the gut population, and it's progress in the forward flowing process of extracting nutrients via uptake of the water that is the rest of the mass, such that the gas and the solid alternate and the one promotes the continued progress of the other, driving the muscular vascular motions which constitue the 'movement.' More chemistry for the microbes dinner, the population multiplies and the growth of the mass is registered. Variations is that, and the diet, also explain why your weight might vary by as a few pounds, just for the water necessary for the process.

IIRC.

TMI?
    Jim,

We’re about forty minutes from the edge of the Ferguson Fire. The smoke is just pouring down the valley. For a few days we had fog like visibility. You know valley fog, too, I’m guessing.

There is also a smoldering fire on the other side, sparked by a sequoia still smoldering from last year. Smoke is everywheres.

Peace,
    Robert

Now THAT is an oxymoron.
    Now you're calling us some kind of morons. See, no respect

Quote Originally Posted by isla View Post
    Now you're calling us some kind of morons. See, no respect

With a SIL, her husband, and two sprogs living in Wallasey, I might get myself into trouble with comments like that.
    -William A. Ward

The story goes...The brain and A-Hole had an argument who was the smartest muscle in the body..The A hole won because he knew the difference between a liquid a solid and a gas.

To make his point he shut closed for several days ... the brain gave up.
    PaulF

With a SIL, her husband, and two sprogs living in Wallasey, I might get myself into trouble with comments like that.
    No wukkas. Big Words. They would never suss what you meant.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Oy! We know big words, like Fazakerley

Having spent the previous two days recovering from a nasty gut bug, I'd have to say the discriminatory powers of the sphincter on "day one" were right on point. As in, prepare to fart....oh f***k, no it's not! Ahh oooh gaa. Ahh oooh gaa. Clench, clench, clench! The emergency crash clench drill was perfectly executed, with no loss of hull integrity.
    Woke up this morning with a serious hunger on, after two days of enforced fasting.

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!