Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feinstein Spy

Default Feinstein Spy

“This Is About Much More than a Chinese Spy
    Let us review the facts here.

China has for almost 40 years cultivated warm relations with Feinstein.
    Feinstein has uniformly taken political positions supporting greater ties with China while taking a relatively dovish and strictly apologist line on its human rights atrocities.
    Feinstein’s husband has profited handsomely during Feinstein’s career from the greatly expanded China trade she supported. It is of course possible that the Feinstein family’s privileged position with the Chinese regime improved his investment opportunities.
    Feinstein has served as a key intermediary between China and the U.S. government, while serving on committees whose work would be of keen interest to the PRC.
    A staffer of almost two decades in close proximity to Feinstein was allegedly successfully recruited by China’s MSS and fed China “political intelligence.”
    Imagine for a second how a motivated and empowered prosecutor would operate in this situation if tasked with exploring “any links and/or coordination” between the Chinese government, Feinstein, and individuals associated with her office.

Few American officials could have been as potentially exposed to the PRC’s skilled intelligence service as Feinstein. Here we have not only proof of a spy, but real evidence of consistently pro-Chinese policy that at very best created the appearance of a financial conflict of interest.

Recall that the Chinese regime conducted the cataclysmic U.S. Office of Personnel Management hack, arming it with the most compromising possible information on 21 million government employees and applicants. Then the PRC liquidated America’s entire informant network on the Chinese mainland. So why isn’t this a major national story drawing hysterical cries of treason and calls for impeachment?

Feinstein’s dealings with the Chinese must be investigated. But so too ought the links between federal officials and all of our adversaries, be it the Chinese and Russians, the Pakistanis and Iranians, or the Muslim Brotherhood and its state supporters. Feinstein is only one politician. How many other relationships with American politicians have the Chinese and our other adversaries fostered? How many spies might they have recruited?

We need a top-to-bottom reform of our government’s vetting efforts, and enhancement of our counterintelligence capabilities. Attempts by foreign countries to infiltrate our political offices pose a grave national security threat, as Feinstein’s record clearly shows. With people like her on pertinent congressional committees, however, how many foxes have been elected to guard the henhouse? Representatives’ responses to reform measures will help us find out.”

From: http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/08/...ed-office-spy/
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Default Re: Feinstein Spy

This reminds me of the other (terrific) thread on methane-powered cars.

Did you know that cow magnets can greatly increase the fuel mileage on your car? I read that somewhere.

Where was mdh when Mitch McConnell was peddling Chinese cocaine a while ago?
    Вещи меняются 6 ноября.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    Did you know that cow magnets can greatly increase the fuel mileage on your car? I read that somewhere.
    How close to the car ahead do you need to be?

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Feinstein’s dealings with the Chinese must be investigated.
    Who's stopping Attorney General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions?
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

Look! Over there! Quick!!
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

[IMc - And neither the president nor Heritage nor our Trumpkin propagandists feel the slightest shame at their inept attempt to turn the story upsidedown. Love the story's last line.]

Feinstein doesn’t let Trump get best of her over driver linked to spying

Matier & Ross Aug. 8, 2018 Updated: Aug. 8, 2018 6 a.m.

President Trump used a weekend rally to mock U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein over the Russia meddling probe by calling out her former driver, who we reported had been linked to Chinese spying.

“Speaking of China, it just came out that the Democratic leader and the leader of the Russian investigation, Dianne Feinstein, had a Chinese spy as her driver for 20 years!” Trump told a crowd in Ohio on Saturday.

Trump later tweeted: “Will she now investigate herself?”

Feinstein, facing re-election this fall, wasted little time firing back at Trump on Twitter, saying once the FBI alerted her that the Chinese government was seeking to recruit “an administrative member” of her staff ... the “employee left my office immediately.”

There was no evidence the driver divulged any secret information or even knew the Chinese government was trying to recruit him.

“Compare that to your actions: attacking the FBI and refusing the advice of your national security team. SAD!”’ Feinstein tweeted back to Trump.

https://www.sfchronicle.com

Some people just don't want to think it through.
    The good Senator will of course be handling sensitive materials from time to time. That means all the people she employs, in order to do the job, will have to submit to a detailed security check, and hold at least a Reliability clearance. This is not done by the Senator or her people, rather by a separate body....I am not sure who in this case. This does not mean that a spy could not get through, it means that the Senator is not personally responsible for the failure of the system, unless it could be proven that she participated/ helped in that failure in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Look! Over there! Quick!!
    bright ! shiny!

Ooooh!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

And by the way, when are President Donald Trump and Attorney General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions going to lock up Hillary Clinton? Lock her up, lock her up, lock her up (to the tune of USA, USA, USA). Darn liberals have been running interference for these criminals and traitors for years! It'll be different when Republicans take office, just wait and see! Uh . . .
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

Yup - makes a better slogan, than actual policy or law.

Imagine that.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

why bless your heart mdh.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    And by the way, when are President Donald Trump and Attorney General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions going to lock up Hillary Clinton? Lock her up, lock her up, lock her up (to the tune of USA, USA, USA). Darn liberals have been running interference for these criminals and traitors for years! It'll be different when Republicans take office, just wait and see! Uh . . .
    And what is the Republican Congress doing now? Hillary has been investigated for mose of her political life. No matter how hard Grassley et al tried they couldn't pin anything on her that would result in a trial muchness a prison time. Believe me, if they had, she would have been locked up. So, out of the two, Hillary and Trump, who is most likely be facing a jail sentence Ozzie?

Squirrel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

I like the principle of mdh's cut and paste, that threats to the US from foreign agents should be investigated and if proven prosecuted. If there's probable cause that Senator Feinstein has done anything wrong, she and her office should be investigated.

You may continue, Mr. Mueller.

You blokes are so utterly clueless it's sad sometimes.

This flap is a party operation to weaken Feinstein, who faces Progressive Democrat Kevin de Leon in November.

Owing to California's open primary system resulting in two Democrats facing off for Feinstein's Senate seat, most California Republicans will be voting for Feinstein rather than her opponent, who is a far-left whacko.

This story is an attempt to peel off moderate Democrats and Republicans inclined to vote for Feinstein and build a groundswell for de Leon, who has been endorsed by the state Democratic party.

This whole business has nothing to do with Republicans or a distraction from the Mueller investigation. Its about replacing a moderate Democrat in the Senate with a progressive.

" . . . build a groundswell for de Leon . . . Its about replacing a moderate Democrat in the Senate with a progressive." [#18]

Ahhhhh. So The Federalist [OP] is now exposed by our very own Q as part of the Dark State ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    " . . . build a groundswell for de Leon . . . Its about replacing a moderate Democrat in the Senate with a progressive." [#18]

Ahhhhh. So The Federalist [OP] is now exposed by our very own Q as part of the Dark State ???
    Think it through, Ian. Every Republican in California will be voting for Feinstein rather than see de Leon take the seat.

What might cause them to change their mind about that?

Progressives are learning that the open primary in California games the system against them. Republicans, when given a general election choice between a moderate Democrat and a far-Left whacko, will vote as expected.

What other choice do they have?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    You blokes are so utterly clueless it's sad sometimes.

This flap is a party operation to weaken Feinstein, who faces Progressive Democrat Kevin de Leon in November.

Owing to California's open primary system resulting in two Democrats facing off for Feinstein's Senate seat, most California Republicans will be voting for Feinstein rather than her opponent, who is a far-left whacko.

This story is an attempt to peel off moderate Democrats and Republicans inclined to vote for Feinstein and build a groundswell for de Leon, who has been endorsed by the state Democratic party.

This whole business has nothing to do with Republicans or a distraction from the Mueller investigation. Its about replacing a moderate Democrat in the Senate with a progressive.
    thats exactly what this is. It would be the only way a republican could possibly win the seat.

The attacks on Feinstein have been many. She is done after this next election cycle as she ages out. This is a play to get the seat in 6 years.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    I like the principle of mdh's cut and paste, that threats to the US from foreign agents should be investigated and if proven prosecuted. If there's probable cause that Senator Feinstein has done anything wrong, she and her office should be investigated.

You may continue, Mr. Mueller.
    I agree. Such things should be investigated regardless of political affiliation.

What I find objectionable is one sentence in the C&P:

It is of course possible that the Feinstein family’s privileged position with the Chinese regime improved his investment opportunities.

It is also, of course, possible that it didn't, but the author didn't think to mention that.

This sort of thing is right out of the right wing wacko/Tea Party nut job playbook - raise an "innocent" question to smear the opposition. Conservatives have perfected this method of attack and use it quite effectively because their base doesn't have the ability or the will to understand that questions are not proof or evidence of anything. Almost anything is "possible", so raising possibilities in contexts like this is manipulative, deceptive and underhanded - which is exactly why people on the right do it and fall for it so often. It fits their character perfectly.
    I rather be an American than a Republican.

There's no Republican on the ballot for Feinstein's Senate seat in 2018, people. How do Republicans benefit from seeing Feinstein lose now, when the next term will undoubtedly be her last (she'll be 90 when it ends) and with her opponent in 2018 a young, dynamic, progressive Latino?

Think it through.

Are you saying that The Federalist is not presenting a story of anti-Feinstein manufactured outrage, but only appears to be doing that in the service of some longer range Republican agenda? I could only read the OP story in English and did not have that decoder ring.

two scoops is enraged by the possibility that someone is skimming money and he's not getting a cut.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

Are you saying that The Federalist is not presenting a story of anti-Feinstein manufactured outrage, but only appears to be doing that in the service of some longer range Republican agenda? I could only read the OP story in English and did not have that decoder ring.
    In this case, the Federalist is just examining what appears to have occurred and proposing remedies. I don't seen a Republican agenda there. If there was one, it would be to support Feinstein in this case, for the reasons I have articulated.

The open primary system in California will have the effect in most cases of making kingmakers out of state Republicans when state-wide general elections roll around. Candidates having won primaries sufficient to make it onto the general election ballot will in close races have to fight for Republican votes to win the general in a statewide election.

This will serve the cause of moderate Democrats. Progressives will be unable to defeat the Dianne Feinsteins of the world.

Let's try this a different way: if this is a Republican operation, what possible advantage is there for Republicans to weaken Dianne such that she might possibly be replaced by Kevin de Leon in 2018?

How does a right wing attack on Feinstein - and that's the only possible reading of the OP - do for Republican senatorial hopes six years from now?

How does a right wing attack on Feinstein - and that's the only possible reading of the OP - do for Republican senatorial hopes six years from now?
    Nothing. Feinstein will be gone in any case. She'll be 90.

Ian. You're now carrying the water for Feinstein, when she doesn't have the endorsement of the state Democratic party and is opposed on the ballot by a progressive. Either way, you can't lose. Only Republicans can "lose."

Just how far does the sense of siege really run? You should be the one hammering Dianne with these revelations.

How do Progressives benefit if Dianne wins?

What revelations (plural no less) might these be SB, something you picked up on FOXNEWS?

"Ian. You're now carrying the water for Feinstein," [#30]

Thank you for telling me what I'm doing. Here I thought I was just pointing out that The Federalist was just manufacturing outrage by falsification.

As for Feinstein, she's had an impressive career as a center-conservative Democrat. Time for her to turn her considerable money raising skills to the service of the whole, big tent, include the progressives, Democratic Party.

"Ian. You're now carrying the water for Feinstein," [#30]

Thank you for telling me what I'm doing. Here I thought I was just pointing out that The Federalist was just manufacturing outrage by falsification.

As for Feinstein, she's had an impressive career as a center-conservative Democrat. Time for her to turn her considerable money raising skills to the service of the whole, big tent, include the progressives, Democratic Party.
    Ian, why bother responding to SB who has already made up his mind about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianY View Post
    I agree. Such things should be investigated regardless of political affiliation.

What I find objectionable is one sentence in the C&P:

It is also, of course, possible that it didn't, but the author didn't think to mention that.

This sort of thing is right out of the right wing wacko/Tea Party nut job playbook - raise an "innocent" question to smear the opposition. Conservatives have perfected this method of attack and use it quite effectively because their base doesn't have the ability or the will to understand that questions are not proof or evidence of anything. Almost anything is "possible", so raising possibilities in contexts like this is manipulative, deceptive and underhanded - which is exactly why people on the right do it and fall for it so often. It fits their character perfectly. [/COLOR]
    Is it that you didn’t click on the link at the bottom of the post? I only posted the conclusion of the article, as indicated by - From: http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/08/...ed-office-spy/

Sky Blue has figured it out. He is obviously capable of critical thinking. The spy was found out, and terminated, five years ago. It was kept quiet by the Obama/Comey/Brennan/Clapper team until it was recently leaked to Politico. It is obviously the work of, and more evidence of, the deep state; and how they lead the lemmings by telling them what they want them to know.

It also displays another of their techniques. Feinstein, a dimocrat, was informed of a spy in her midst by the FBI, while a spy was employed against the Trump campaign, a republican, non-establishment entity.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    It is obviously the work of, and more evidence of, the deep state; and how they lead the lemmings by telling them what they want them to know.
    LMFAO ! ! ! Thank you. Every time I hear some paranoid reference to "the deep state" I just about pee myself laughing.