Thread: Beware of trolls!

Default Beware of trolls!

This summer, Danish artist Thomas Dambo (previously) has brought his fun-loving and kid-friendly trolls to the Morton Arboretum near Chicago, Illinois. Six site-specific characters range from Joe the Guardian surveying the neighboring highway to Sneaky Socks Alexa hidden in a cluster of shrubs. Dambo constructed the large storybook creatures using reclaimed wood sourced from fallen trees and branches as well as retired pallets and packing crates. Each figure towers up to thirty feet tall, with reclining Little Artur stretching sixty feet long. The exhibition, titled Troll Hunt, marks the Copenhagen-based artistís first large-scale show in the United States. You can see Damboís fantastical creations at the Arboretum through the end of 2018 (and possibly into 2019, weather-dependent). Follow along with his creations on Facebook.

Fooled you didn't I, you thought I was talking about you?
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Default Re: Beware of trools!

I did a post on this artists work a year or two ago. here is the link to his other work in Denmark. https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2017/...of-copenhagen/
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Brilliant!

Wonderful stuff - thanks Skip!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green