Thread: Where to sell a SABB Diesel

Default Where to sell a SABB Diesel

A quick search of WB Forum shows plenty folks knowing about and discussing Sabbs, including some old postings of people looking to buy one. I don't want to violate forum rules by advertising a sale so please don't see this as such (this is not "tongue in cheek" or "chisel in pocket"). But it seems like wooden boat owners like all things classic and may know of a good place to sell a classic motor such as a Sabb. I am located in the SF Bay area and the classic/wooden boat market is pretty small. I was thinking Craigslist in the North West - any specific areas? How about the East Coast. I will also get an email out to Bill Miller at Sabb America to see if he knows anyone looking. Other options?

Erik

Default Re: Where to sell a SABB Diesel

Ohhh - I do realize WB Magazine is an option, too.

e

Quote Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
    A quick search of WB Forum shows plenty folks knowing about and discussing Sabbs, including some old postings of people looking to buy one. I don't want to violate forum rules by advertising a sale so please don't see this as such (this is not "tongue in cheek" or "chisel in pocket"). But it seems like wooden boat owners like all things classic and may know of a good place to sell a classic motor such as a Sabb. I am located in the SF Bay area and the classic/wooden boat market is pretty small. I was thinking Craigslist in the North West - any specific areas? How about the East Coast. I will also get an email out to Bill Miller at Sabb America to see if he knows anyone looking. Other options?

Erik
    Erik,
    If you still have this I have a few suggestions (in priority sequence):
    1) ebay - by far the most eyeballs are going to be found here
    2) For a more personal touch, try Mike at Used Boat Exchange - they have good search engine coverage
    3) To reach more locals - use Facebook Marketplace
    Good Luck!
    Doug

If you are facebook inclined, head over to the Wooden Boat Forum facebook page, and make a listing there. I'd wager you could find a few interested parties pretty quickly.

Oh, and I'm and admin on that page, so I say its ok.
    There's the plan, then there's what actually happens.

Ben Sebens, RN

15' Welsford Navigator Inconceivable
    16' W. Simmons Mattinicus double ender ​Matty

Someone here not long ago was looking for a Sabb...

I found a brand new Model G on Ebay for $2500. It had been sitting in an unfinished build and the owner finally abandoned the project. I've had a saved search for anything Sabb for a number of years but not much is turning up lately, but you never know.

Jim

Good score!

Quote Originally Posted by johngsandusky View Post
    Good score!

Hi, John. The best part is that it was near Cooperstown, upstate, and within a days drive up and back.

Which is another consideration when buying or selling an engine, distance matters.

Thanks to everyone and their suggestions and comments. I somehow don't get notifications of this WBF thread. I did just post on the FB WB page and have a CL listing out in various locations that I thought may be appropriate. E-bay may be on the horizon.

Erik

There's a market for the remote propeller controls and cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ledger View Post
    There's a market for the remote propeller controls and cables.
    Heya Jim - Thanks for letting me know.
    I don't want to part the motor out. It is far too nice and it is a complete kit with everything there to do a complete install. I could see parting with some of the prop sets, since there are more than a mere mortal could use.