Thread: Douarnenez 2018-anybody going?

Default Douarnenez 2018-anybody going?

From the thread title I hope the subject matter is quite evident.Is anybody planning a trip there?Its only a couple of weeks till its underway.

Default Re: Douarnenez 2018-anybody going?

I know a friend from my home town will go. He will trailer his Lyle Hess designed catboat, named Charlotte 2.
    I was there in 1988, second edition, and wish I could go again. However, we were in La Semaine du Golfe, in the Morbihan last year, and met several DCA members.

As luck had it,the regatta I was sailing in didn't need the spare day that had been built into the programme and since I was only around a hundred miles away,I managed a few hours at the festival.Quite a range of boats to be seen.

If anybody asks about traditional boat soup,guide them to this and see how keen they are on the appearance.

Nordic.jpg

many types.jpg

steambox and fuel.jpg

For those who know the area,I found a parking space near the boatyards and just opposite the abandoned fishing boats.The only fly in the ointment was that my camera died just before the event and I had to use my phone,which just isn't as good.I have an album at http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=D7x2Y0a1KM6Bk01MvbCkCIh4l5k2TGxc

http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=...CkCIh4l5k2TGxc

Hoping to get to SDG next year.
    Several of the DCA lot are having an event in Sept around the Islands here; (Oleron & Ré + Seudre Estuary)

Thanks for the link & pics.
    A2

Oh, we had J&J of the DCA & Hostaliers over for dinner this week, on their way back from cruising the Adriatic in their 13ft open camp cruiser.