Thread: today's hearings

Default today's hearings

It takes something to look at the FBI, realize they went public about Hillary's emails and cost her votes, remained silent on the Trump/Russia investigation that was underway,

AND ARGUE THEY WERE BIASED AGAINST TRUMP.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

Default Re: today's hearings

It was a travesty. Not even a pretence of what it ought to have been.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

God Lord itís crazy town. Judiciary Committee Chair Bob Goodlatte and Trey Gowdy are trying to get Strzok to answer a question regarding Muellers investigation when Strzok has been told by FBI counsel to not answer questions about an ongoing investigation. All this to discredit the FBI and Mueller. Putin must be laughing his ass off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ANohtXQhkQw

go to 10:40

Gowdy is nothing more than Trumps pawn.

Gowdy is actively evil.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    he would look cool w long hair and a beard

Or not.
    I don't care to know what the tough do when the going gets tough.

I am interested in what the enlightened do.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    It takes something to look at the FBI, realize they went public about Hillary's emails and cost her votes, remained silent on the Trump/Russia investigation that was underway,

AND ARGUE THEY WERE BIASED AGAINST TRUMP.
    All part of the deflection.
    Throw it often enough and some of it will stick, then you have a new normal.
    "People should be able to access these benefits [Social Welfare] as a matter of right, with no more loss of their own standards of self-respect than would be involved in collecting from an insurance company the proceeds of an endowment policy on which they have been paying premiums for years."
    Robert Menzies - Liberal Party (Conservative) Prime Minister of Australia.

There is something interesting about the comments section of the various YouTube copies of the hearing.... they're seemingly flooded, nearly 100%, with far right commentary... virtually NO comments from the other side.

I'm not making any specific allegation here... just commenting on something that seems rather fishy.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

It’s like great moments in sports when the announcers stop talking to let the emotions of the moment tell the story. There is not much that needs to explained by the media. The story tells itself.

Its impossible to not be embarrassed by what Congress has become.... and to think that other nations see this stuff... what DO they think about 'American Democracy'?
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

I was waiting to hear: “Have you no sense of decency?” But it would have been lost at this clown show..

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    He really looks like he should have a pair of horns.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Its impossible to not be embarrassed by what Congress has become.... and to think that other nations see this stuff... what DO they think about 'American Democracy'?
    Between the bizarro electoral college, gerrymandered boundaries, "lobbying" that would be prosecuted in most countries for the bribery that it really is, extreme partisan politics, a very badly broken two party system and wealth inequality that is leaving more and more people behind, I think much of the rest of the world is thinking wtf, and watching in nervous amazement.
    You'll notice I haven't mentioned the buffoon this system promoted to the top job. That is a symptom of all the other things that are wrong.

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Thank you, Jimmy.
    I don't care to know what the tough do when the going gets tough.

I am interested in what the enlightened do.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    he would look cool w long hair and a beard
    You call that a beard? More like an adolescent trying to grow one you mean.

I would be nice if the members of the committee managed to keep their bias in check.

I would have answered: Just because you cannot keep your bias out of your work, doesn't mean I can't.

I have no doubt that FOX will find clips that help make the investigation look tainted.

I am almost disheartened that no one pointed out that an FBI biased against Trump would not have kept the Russia investigation secret before the election.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    It was a travesty. Not even a pretence of what it ought to have been.

and to treat things as tho 'this is normal' is insanity at best.

eta: Right on, Jimmy.

I would be nice if the members of the committee managed to keep their bias in check. . . . no one pointed out that an FBI biased against Trump would not have kept the Russia investigation secret before the election.
    The entire point on the pare of the Republicans was bias, to defend Trump and attempt to discredit the FBI investigation of his Russian connections. The Republicans on the committee made that obvious to anyone except the basest of the base, and stepped in it rather badly.. About leaking information, Mr Strzok himself made that point in no uncertain terms. Transcript here.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

I have no doubt that FOX will find clips that help make the investigation look tainted.
    Their method from day one has been to start with the conclusion; then the search for evidence. Not finding much, they become frustrated, and assert ever more loudly that the evidence they have found supports the conclusion. They drive themselves over a cliff. Even Dana Perino says yesterdays hearings resembled a witch hunt. Even she was offended by Gohmert going after Strozk's marriage.

I am almost disheartened that no one pointed out that an FBI biased against Trump would not have kept the Russia investigation secret before the election.
    Self-evident, if that means anything any more. But it was pointed out several times in committee and by many commentators.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    The entire point on the pare of the Republicans was bias, to defend Trump and attempt to discredit the FBI investigation of his Russian connections.
    Take Strozk to be discredited entirely and it doesn't discredit the FBI. They think they're going to prove "the FBI is rife with corruption" by grilling Strozk? The IG already grilled Strozk and a S load of other people, anyone who might possibly indicate that things might be worse than they look. The Republicans have the IG report and have examined the IG under oath. Zip.

Which means the effort to to discredit the FBI is discreditable on account of actual, demonstrated bias.

Discrediting the FBI comes at a cost to the security of the republic. It's not OK because a government officer does it, it's worse.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association