Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This racist stupidity just never ends

Default This racist stupidity just never ends

Or is it just arrogance on the part of law enforcement?

Black man asked to leave his own pool by officer in viral video

A black man who was confronted and asked to leave the pool at the apartment building where he lives in a viral video says he was the victim of racial profiling.

Indiana resident Shayne Holland used his cell phone to record a confrontation between himself and an security guard who was an off-duty Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officer last Friday.

The incident happened when he was sitting at the pool at the River Crossing Apartments, where he has lived since February 2017, according to the Indianapolis Star.

"I had my headphones when she approached me so I didn't hear her the first time. When I asked her to repeat herself, she asked if I lived in the neighborhood. I said yes," Holland told the Star. "When she asked where I lived, I said I don't know you and you haven't identified yourself, so I'm not just going to give you my address."

The man said he presented the officer, whose name was not immediately available, with a key he was issued from the apartment complex which allows him access to the pool.

The officer then contacted the complex's property manager to confirm Holland was a resident, which the manager did confirm.

But the situation continued to escalate in the video posted on Twitter. The officer, who is wearing a badge, continues to press Holland in the video. He repeatedly says he was uncomfortable giving the officer his address.

"Why do I need to give this lady, who I don't know, my address?" Holland asked in the video, while noting that he paid $1,600 in rent for the following month.

Holland was then told to leave the pool by the officer.

"Why do I have to leave my pool?" he asked.

The manager said in response that the man was being told to leave because he refused to answer the officer, who was working as security while off-duty as a police officer according to the Star.

Alex Stokely, the vice president of Barrett & Stokely, which manages the apartment complex, told the local publication that the manager has since been placed on leave. The company also added that they are currently investigating the situation.

The security officer was reportedly at the pool because of previous incidents involving non-residents using the pool, according to the Star.

Default Re: This racist stupidity just never ends

Stupidity over race. But this incident, and obviously way too many other such incidents, as driving while having taillights that might get broken when the driver is black—is the stupidity of the cop mentality. Stupid and tragic.

Racism is the big awful problem, but the too common cop mentality that drives this whole class of crime against humanity is just as much a problem for our society.

Cops are a necessary adjunct to the human problem of being human all over each other.

All the racism. every drop, and all the police brutality, and all the things that make the Deplorables deplorable, are integrated, are artifacts of our growth out of animal barbarism, a human invention that is counterproductive in our contemporary world, and they all stem exactly from the same mental phenomenon.

Every individual is simultaneously a member a small group, the family, and larger groups, such as villages, nations, corporations.

Each of us is dependent on the others, on their good will, their ability to demonstrate fealty, loyalty to family and the larger groups.

Some of us realize, through growth and maturity, that all of us are the same on many, many levels. We are all here and in the same boat together.

Some of us understand, instinctively and automatically, tempered with our human cognition, that survival depends on cooperation as much as competition.

Some of us get that we are all of us, while some of us conclude that only some of us are us, and that the world is still a dangerous place filled with Others.

So some of us know that there is just us, all of us. And some of believe that their us only extends to certain people and certain types of people, and that anyone else is an expendable, other, from whom we must be protected, and from whom we, the little we, can exploit stuff for us at the cost of no stuff for them.

IOW, there are us and them and it's okay to rape murder and steal and rob from any Others. Because if you let your guard down they'll do you first.

Us and Them.

Or just Us. All of us.

Simple as kumbaya.

So not getting it and being stubborn about it, and adopting a kill or be killed strategy, I got mine—fuc* them, is Stupid.

Racism is stupid. Having cops as the best answer to crime is as stupid. It is the same as if a single human were elected to represent all of humanity and then declared that since we have evolved all the way to kindergarten we should be satisfied and stop there.

The good news is that We will get over this. There will be a time when what We become actually deserve to be called civilized, and these lofty ideals of Democracy are truly inclusive and everyone is taken care of, has all they need materially and is free to live life without fear of sssholes raping and killing and robbing and stealing and incesting and the rest of what makes Humanity so loveable.
    Last edited by Jim Mahan; 07-12-2018 at 07:57 AM.
    I don't care to know what the tough do when the going gets tough.

I am interested in what the enlightened do.

Might well be racial profiling. It's also what security people have to deal with, and some do it badly. Not having been there, it's tough to say who escalated what should have been a quick check.

Why are people so freak-in ignorant? The guy even showed her that he had a key. Was her badge a "Security" badge or her "Police" badge. If it was her police badge, she should be fired.
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McCosh View Post
    Might well be racial profiling. It's also what security people have to deal with, and some do it badly. Not having been there, it's tough to say who escalated what should have been a quick check.
    No, it is NOT.

The security guard escalated.

The man said he presented the officer, whose name was not immediately available, with a key he was issued from the apartment complex which allows him access to the pool.

The officer then contacted the complex's property manager to confirm Holland was a resident, which the manager did confirm.
    Rattling the teacups.

shame bobbys isn't here to complain about liberals in gated communities..

hey! just tryin' to help!

the racist idiots are emboldened by the day.
    In my work with the defendants (at the Nuremberg Trails 1945-1949)
    I was searching for the nature of evil and I now think I have come close to defining it. A lack of empathy. Its the one characteristic that connects all the
    defendants, a genuine incapacity to feel with their fellow men.

Evil, I think, is the absence of empathy.

Captain G. M. Gilbert, Army psychologist

Let's play devil's advocate for a moment.

Keys are easily passed between friends. If the security woman did not recognize the person as a resident, and suspected it was a friend of a resident, she could have politely asked his name and checked him against a list provided by management. Or, management could make those keys photo ids if they were really concerned. It did not need to go the way that it did.

Now, if the off-duty copy were wearing their uniform, the question is "Do we have a right to deny giving our id to a cop when asked?" I think the answer is yes if we are not breaking the law. But this off-duty cop was moonlighting and the question had nothing to do with the law. I don't see where she has a leg to stand on and management is equally to blame.

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

I've been through too many similar situations to make a judgement based on this kind of story. I've experienced many officious people in authority, and many who deal with these things with aplomb. Likewise, lots of jerks who tend to bait authority to their detriment. Including me.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Oh yeah, but it's much more than that. Not a bad apple, poor training, inexperience or any other of the GD lame excuses people will make that enable this very thing, and are building it incident by incident into an authoritarian culture as the foundation of an authoritarian state. The correct answer to "What is your address?" is "GFY".

All these ignorant red morons are walking around with their jive high school diplomas wondering why they can't have a house and a car and a family on one salary, so they become cops, unless they can't pass the tests, and so become rent-a-cops. Take a S person like this and put her through the military first and you get a real pig.

Now all you need is a political party for them. People who have no social status (and thus no self-identity) apart from being a servant of authority. Utterly dependent and angry, naturally. They've given up every potential, every hope, just to be another maggot in the megalopolis.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

I'm waiting for you to tell us how you really​ feel.

What are you doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McCosh View Post
    I've been through too many similar situations to make a judgement based on this kind of story. I've experienced many officious people in authority, and many who deal with these things with aplomb. Likewise, lots of jerks who tend to bait authority to their detriment. Including me.

Has anyone ever tried to kick you out of a place because of your race?

There is no evidence whatsoever here that Holland was 'baiting' anyone.

The officer is a pig:

1) The officer challenged Holland's presence.

2) Holland presented his key.

3) The officer checked with the manager.

4) The manager confirmed Holland's legitimacy.

5) The officer continued to harass Holland.

Ergo,

6) The officer is a pig.

It really is that simple.
    Rattling the teacups.

“Papa” John Schnatter stepped in it when he spoke from the heart:

The founder of Papa John's resigned from his position as chairman of the pizza chain's board of directors, just hours after he apologized for using a racial slur during a company conference call earlier this year.

The Louisville, Kentucky-based company announced late-Wednesday night it had accepted John Schnatter’s resignation, saying it planned to replace him in the coming weeks.

Schnatter, 56, also resigned from his position on the University of Louisville’s board of trustees, effective immediately, according to the school. He had served on the board for two years.

Papa John's announced that it had accepted John Schnatter's resignation on Wednesday.

His resignations came after Forbes reported that he used the N-word during a May conference call while discussing the national anthem protests in the NFL.

Colonel Sanders called blacks n------,” Schnatter said, referring to Kentucky Fried Chicken founder Harland Sanders, according to the Forbes report.

He also reportedly complained that Sanders never faced public backlash for using the slur.

Schnatter confirmed the allegations in a statement Wednesday and apologized for his use of “inappropriate and hurtful language.”

"News reports attributing the use of inappropriate and hurtful language to me during a media training session regarding race are true," he said. "Regardless of the context, I apologize. Simply stated, racism has no place in our society."

Schnatter stepped down from his role as CEO late last year after saying NFL players should stand for the national anthem and that their protests had hurt the company’s sales.

Shares of Papa John's, one of the country's largest pizza delivery chains, fell about 5 percent in premarket trading Thursday in the wake of Schnatter's resignation from the board.
    Schnatter is another right-wingnut, miserable, ignorant creature. Colonel Sanders founded KFC in 1952 and sold the company in 1964. He lived in a different society from today. The Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964 and the Voting Rights Act in 1965. By 1968 all forms of discrimination had been ruled unconstitutional by the USSC. In 1968 Colonel Harland Sanders was 78 years-old.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 07-12-2018 at 10:24 AM.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

And his pizzas suck! Rather eat at Pizza Hut and that's saying something.

You know, Jamie, these a$$hats know better than to spew racist remarks in public. But once they are in a situation they think is “safe” all kinds of garbage is expressed. I have heard such remarks regularly in my 42 years working in Ford Assembly plants.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

"OK. Fine. So he exaggerated a little on that."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    You know, Jamie, these a$$hats know better than to spew racist remarks in public. But once they are in a situation they think is “safe” all kinds of garbage is expressed. I have heard such remarks regularly in my 42 years working in Ford Assembly plants.
    Ever heard Steven Cortes on CNN? He doesn't think Trump is a racist even after hearing what he says.

Steven Cortes the former Trump campaign operative? No doubt he agrees with Trump.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

"OK. Fine. So he exaggerated a little on that."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Steven Cortes the former Trump campaign operative? No doubt he agrees with Trump.
    Bigly! Personally, I think he makes a fool out of himself every time he's on CNN.

Part of the job of apartment manager or security guard or cop is taking some baiting with aplomb and being able to deescalate. If you can't do that, leave the job. Adding racism to lack a qualification of a job in authority is a really sorry mix.

Same deal as the guy who berated a Puerto Rican Woman in a Chicago Park for wearing a Puerto Rican T-shirt. He was too stupid to realize that Puerto Ricans are USA Citizens. The Park Security Officer who stood by without getting involved has since "resigned". Like someone mentioned a few days ago, Trump has made incidents like these easier, and more frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Has anyone ever tried to kick you out of a place because of your race?

There is no evidence whatsoever here that Holland was 'baiting' anyone.

The officer is a pig:

1) The officer challenged Holland's presence.

2) Holland presented his key.

3) The officer checked with the manager.

4) The manager confirmed Holland's legitimacy.

5) The officer continued to harass Holland.

Ergo,

6) The officer is a pig.

It really is that simple.
    It is in the world of the internet. Around here, the Black population is 1.5 million. You tend to be a bit more objective.

There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Trumps CSA

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Oh yeah, but it's much more than that. Not a bad apple, poor training, inexperience or any other of the GD lame excuses people will make that enable this very thing, and are building it incident by incident into an authoritarian culture as the foundation of an authoritarian state. The correct answer to "What is your address?" is "GFY".

All these ignorant red morons are walking around with their jive high school diplomas wondering why they can't have a house and a car and a family on one salary, so they become cops, unless they can't pass the tests, and so become rent-a-cops. Take a S person like this and put her through the military first and you get a real pig.

Now all you need is a political party for them. People who have no social status (and thus no self-identity) apart from being a servant of authority. Utterly dependent and angry, naturally. They've given up every potential, every hope, just to be another maggot in the megalopolis.
    Coming from Bronx Irish Stock I can relate to a lot of family , friends and neighbors going that exact same route. Immagonna graduate an take da test. Some became garbage men, some became cops, smart ones became firemen, even smarter ones became carpenters.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    the things that make the Deplorables deplorable, are integrated, are artifacts of our growth out of animal barbarism, a human invention that is counterproductive in our contemporary world, and they all stem exactly from the same mental phenomenon.
    Speaking of prepetuating a "US and THEM" type mentality... ^

as a student of History the likening of a "people group" to barbaric animals is particularly disturbing.

Every individual is simultaneously a member a small group, the family, and larger groups, such as villages, nations, corporations.

Each of us is dependent on the others, on their good will, their ability to demonstrate fealty, loyalty to family and the larger groups.

Some of us realize, through growth and maturity, that all of us are the same on many, many levels. We are all here and in the same boat together.

Some of us understand, instinctively and automatically, tempered with our human cognition, that survival depends on cooperation as much as competition.

Some of us get that we are all of us, while some of us conclude that only some of us are us, and that the world is still a dangerous place filled with Others.

So some of us know that there is just us, all of us. And some of believe that their us only extends to certain people and certain types of people, and that anyone else is an expendable, other, from whom we must be protected, and from whom we, the little we, can exploit stuff for us at the cost of no stuff for them.

IOW, there are us and them and it's okay to rape murder and steal and rob from any Others. Because if you let your guard down they'll do you first.

Us and Them.

Or just Us. All of us.

Simple as kumbaya.
    here's where Jim lays out the characteristics of the Master Race.

The good news is that We will get over this. There will be a time when what We become actually deserve to be called civilized, and these lofty ideals of Democracy are truly inclusive and everyone is taken care of, has all they need materially and is free to live life without fear of sssholes raping and killing and robbing and stealing and incesting and the rest of what makes Humanity so loveable.
    and fianaly a description of a Utopia, the pinnacle of naivete with a Big Brother sort of twist... disturbing

This and the guy screaming in the park are just more in an increasing series of public altercations by reds. It started just after the election then died down and is picking up again.

Time to start thinking of how to react if confronted with the situation.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    This guy screaming in the park is just another in an increasing series of public altercations by reds. It started just after the election then died down and is picking up again.

Fake News from the Left

Sweet Mother of God reds are Stupid.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    This guy screaming in the park is just another in an increasing series of public altercations by reds. It started just after the election then died down and is picking up again.

Juan Thompson, NPR contributor, Lefty was the source of much anti Semitism initially linked to Trump supporters by NPR and the ACLU... sad

It's not "Us and Them" it's Right and Wrong. Treating people like crap is just plain WRONG!

Not clear to me where Daniel Noyes is going with his illustrative (?) C&Ps from Jim Mahan in #26. He has shown that Jim Mahan recognizes that we are all human beings and that some of us divide along racial, national, political, economic, and myriad other lines. And he concludes by showing the Jim Mahan believes, or at least hopes and prays, that we will or could or might evolve past all that.

Perhaps Daniel Noyes is celebrating Jim Mahan's passionate opposition to racism.

That would be nice.

"Juan Thompson, NPR contributor, Lefty was the source of much anti Semitism initially linked to Trump supporters by NPR and the ACLU... sad" [#30]

I can make no sense of this remark but the picture below it is of Juan Williams, a Fox News guy who also was a commentator for NPR - diversity of views and all - until he went all islamophobic on a Fox News show. Here's that story.

MEDIA 10/21/2010 01:18 pm ET Updated Dec 06, 2017

By Jack Mirkinson

NPR is facing a storm of criticism for its decision to fire Juan Williams after his comments about Muslims on Fox News, with several prominent conservatives calling for NPR’s government funding to be cut and refusing to appear on the network anymore.

Speaking on Fox News, both Bill O’Reilly and former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich called for Congress to investigate NPR and cut its government funding in the wake of Juan Williams’ firing from the organization.

Williams, who said Monday that he gets “nervous” when he sees Muslims on planes, also spoke out Thursday morning, telling Fox News’ “Happening Now” that nobody at NPR had spoken to him before making the choice to terminate his contract.

Speaking on the same program, O’Reilly told host Jon Scott that NPR had been trying to get rid of Williams for some time, due to his dual role as a contributor to Fox News.

He called NPR a “left-wing outfit that wants one opinion,” and went on to say that, if NPR were an entirely private institution, he would have no issue with that. But, he said, since NPR gets government funding, he thought that money should be frozen.

“I’m calling immediately...for the immediate suspension of every taxpayer dollar going into the National Public Radio outfit,” he told Scott. “We’re gonna get legislation, we’re gonna freeze it down...they don’t get any more money.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/..._n_771632.html

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    I go to my bank frequently. Enough that the people know me. I get asked for my id frequently by people who know me. I don't make a ruckus. I simply produce my id and whatever else is asked for. Asking for id is standard practice for a nummber of reasons.

It is clear that the security guard did not know the fellow. It is less clear what the contractual obligations of the fellow is when asked for the information requested. But there did seem to be a problem and the tenant had time to waste. So the tenant wasted everyone's time. I think that when the tenant's lease is up, he will be asked to leave.

I have seen similar situations with white people.
    Life is complex.

Isn't Juan Thompson the son of Hunter S. Thompson?