Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This racist stupidity just never ends

Default Re: This racist stupidity just never ends

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    Speaking of prepetuating a "US and THEM" type mentality... ^

as a student of History the likening of a "people group" to barbaric animals is particularly disturbing.

here's where Jim lays out the characteristics of the Master Race.

and fianaly a description of a Utopia, the pinnacle of naivete with a Big Brother sort of twist... disturbing
    What’s most funny is the last bit you describe as naiive and Big Brother. What Jim is describing there is a world lived according to the teachings of Jehoshua bin Joseph, or “Jesus Christ”. Joshua the Anointed.
    This country pretends to be “Christian” but the denizens of it mock Christian ideals.

Student of history? Really?

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    You know, Jamie, these a$$hats know better than to spew racist remarks in public. But once they are in a situation they think is “safe” all kinds of garbage is expressed. I have heard such remarks regularly in my 42 years working in Ford Assembly plants.
    I lost a best friend back during the first Obama run. He was going through a divorce and asked me to help him run an old dining room table up to his mothers in Southie Boston. I said what the hell - road trip with a buddy up to the Irish enclave row house he grew up in. We get there hump the table up 2 flights of a row house, his ginger haired mom in curlers, dad on the barker-lounger with a Coors light in a cosy, watching telemundo weather girl with the sound off and the Sox on the radio. ( This whole thing reminds me of a scene out of Gone Baby Gone )

Anyway, after we deliver the table we hit the town for a few beers. Go to the local Dorchester and Southie haunts of his youth, Irish bars almost exclusively white patrons. Soon talk gets going political and the upcoming election between Obama & Romney. At this moment I decide I can either be typical Joe and let my opinions known, or I have a unique opportunity because I'm with a local, I'm white and Irish I can see how far down the rabbit hole this goes, and just listen. OMFG !!!!!! the level of racism was beyond the pale, and as the beers flowed the worse it got. I felt as though I was in 1948 Mississippi. My former "friend" was deep in the mix. The whole ride back to NY I could never look at him the same way again.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    I go to my bank frequently. Enough that the people know me. I get asked for my id frequently by people who know me. I don't make a ruckus. I simply produce my id and whatever else is asked for. Asking for id is standard practice for a nummber of reasons.

It is clear that the security guard did not know the fellow. It is less clear what the contractual obligations of the fellow is when asked for the information requested. But there did seem to be a problem and the tenant had time to waste. So the tenant wasted everyone's time. I think that when the tenant's lease is up, he will be asked to leave.

I have seen similar situations with white people.
    The cop was off duty, once he was confirmed as a resident, he was under no obligation to answer her questions.
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    I lost a best friend back during the first Obama run. He was going through a divorce and asked me to help him run an old dining room table up to his mothers in Southie Boston. I said what the hell - road trip with a buddy up to the Irish enclave row house he grew up in. We get there hump the table up 2 flights of a row house, his ginger haired mom in curlers, dad on the barker-lounger with a Coors light in a cosy, watching telemundo weather girl with the sound off and the Sox on the radio. ( This whole thing reminds me of a scene out of Gone Baby Gone )

Anyway, after we deliver the table we hit the town for a few beers. Go to the local Dorchester and Southie haunts of his youth, Irish bars almost exclusively white patrons. Soon talk gets going political and the upcoming election between Obama & Romney. At this moment I decide I can either be typical Joe and let my opinions known, or I have a unique opportunity because I'm with a local, I'm white and Irish I can see how far down the rabbit hole this goes, and just listen. OMFG !!!!!! the level of racism was beyond the pale, and as the beers flowed the worse it got. I felt as though I was in 1948 Mississippi. My former "friend" was deep in the mix. The whole ride back to NY I could never look at him the same way again.
    My family has the unspoken agreement to not talk politics at family gatherings. It gets ugly really fast if we do.
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    What’s most funny is the last bit you describe as naiive and Big Brother. What Jim is describing there is a world lived according to the teachings of Jehoshua bin Joseph, or “Jesus Christ”. Joshua the Anointed.
    This country pretends to be “Christian” but the denizens of it mock Christian ideals.

Student of history? Really?

Peace,
    Robert

Ahhhhh a Religious vision of Heaven on Earth... based on eradicating a certain type of person "Deploreables" from the face of the earth... how could this POSSIBLY go wrong???

I figured I could not make Jim's description of his Utopia more sinister sounding... Amish shoots... and SCORES!

Yes, the goal is to eradicate Deplorables by teaching them to be nice to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    Ahhhhh a Religious vision of Heaven on Earth... based on eradicating a certain type of person "Deploreables" from the face of the earth... how could this POSSIBLY go wrong???

Where does it say, in the last bit you quoted, ANYTHING about eradicating?

Here’s the part YOU don’t understand. YOU are against me, for no reason other than your ridiculous perceptions. You imagine I’m against you because I wish to discuss things.

I am about finding a way for everyone to get along. Have you ever been on a sports team? Boat crew? Ever worked a job with someone very unlike you?

The reality is, I have been against divisiveness and name calling since jump street.

Some people, however, insist on keeping divisions alive by dealing in absolutes. Only one type of being deals in absolutes.

Sith. Are you a Sith?

Not me. I’m Luke Skywalker.

Peace,
    Not Really Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by robm View Post
    Yes, the goal is to eradicate Deplorables by teaching them to be nice to other people.
    It's gonna be a tough row, there is now this whole wave of MAMA - Make America Mean Again. We got baby's in cages, deplorable's screaming at anyone with an accent to GO BACK HOME !! ( even if they are from Puerto Rico ), You have a SC ban on Muslims, you have Neo Nazies marching and killing with their tiki torches.

Lastly this is heartbreaking proof you cant teaching them to be nice to other people. You got Dylann Roof walking into a black church and being embraced by a black congregation in a prayer circle. He then kills them ONLY because they are black and he has access to guns.

I can never get over the fact that they took him in held his hand and prayed with him and in the back of his mind he was set on pulling out a gun and killing as many as he could. IMAGINE THE DEPLORABLE MIND OF THAT PERSON.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McCosh View Post
    It is in the world of the internet. Around here, the Black population is 1.5 million. You tend to be a bit more objective.
    Uh . . . this happened IRL, not on the internet.

An objective observer would understand that the black man complied, complied, complied, was backed up by the apartment manager, yet still the power-mad, racist POS kept after him.

I'm glad I don't live in your world.

Sounds horrible.
    Rattling the teacups.

"I think that when the tenant's lease is up, he will be asked to leave."

See how easily racism comes to reds? It's second nature with them.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

In theory if the lease is not renewed it would be presumed retaliation for resisting overt racism and the property owner would have a very high standard of proof to show a legitimate good cause to not renew. Unfortunately, Indiana has quite a lot of unlawful racial (and other) discrimination in rental housing and enforcement is spotty at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    NPR is facing a storm of criticism for its decision to fire Juan Williams after his comments about Muslims on Fox News, with several prominent conservatives calling for NPR’s government funding to be cut and refusing to appear on the network anymore.
    Let's be honest - conservatives have been trying to cut funding to public broadcasting for several decades. This is just one more excuse to do what they have always wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
    Was her badge a "Security" badge or her "Police" badge. If it was her police badge, she should be fired.
    1. Demand that she state whether she's acting as an officer of the law. If she says no, or doesn't answer, tell her to F off.

2. If she says she is, and she isn't, file a complaint for impersonating a police officer and hate crime. If she then uses force, file a complaint for criminal deprivation of civil rights under color of law, sue her and the apartment owner for violating your civil rights, and you will wind up owning the F ing apartments.

3. Then you can invite them over for a swim to show there's no hard feelings.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    I go to my bank frequently. Enough that the people know me. I get asked for my id frequently by people who know me. I don't make a ruckus. I simply produce my id and whatever else is asked for. Asking for id is standard practice for a nummber of reasons.

It is clear that the security guard did not know the fellow. It is less clear what the contractual obligations of the fellow is when asked for the information requested. But there did seem to be a problem and the tenant had time to waste. So the tenant wasted everyone's time. I think that when the tenant's lease is up, he will be asked to leave.

I have seen similar situations with white people.
    Puh leeze. I'll come to your door some night at 3 am and pound on it til you come out and demand your ID, for any number of reasons. I won't have time to waste, so be quick about it.

You have the instinct to obey. Thank God for the constitution that protects me from people like you.
    Last edited by Osborne Russell; 07-12-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

Most banks want ID to cash a check but not if you are just making a deposit. It's just SOP.

Notaries Public must attest to the person signing. When I got Marmalade, we went to the seller's bank for a notary. The notary had baby sat for the seller's kids but still wanted the drivers license or such. Like so many Vineyard people, the seller just does not carry her license around. And she was really miffed that the notary, who clearly knew her, wanted her to go back and get her license. The notary thought she had to see something and did not know that she could attest to the seller's signature on the basis of personal knowledge.

Many of our states have "stop and identify" laws where the police can demand ID. But only if they have reasonable grounds to think the person stopped has committed or is about to commit a crime.

I suppose that trespass is enough of a crime that a police officer could demand some ID, but even there, so many smoother ways to go. The off-duty cop working as security was way out of line and should join the building manager in the unemployment line.

Put yourself in the situation. Answer truthfully.

Holland went to the private pool in an apartment complex where he lived. He had a key issued by the owners. Would you have carried your ID (wallet, etc.) to the pool? Left it there while you were swimming?

When challenged by the moonlighting cop (not in uniform) he gave her his name and showed her the key that gave him entry. He was unwilling to give her further details, quite likely because criminals frequently use private security uniforms as cover for crimes. That is, ask someone to go to their apartment and present ID, follow them, then bash them, grab their wallet, and run. Would you have taken her to your apartment?

Why, other than his being black, did she have any grounds to go beyond the initial challenge when he presented his key? Did she imagine that black males prowl the streets in swim trunks, waiting to dunk in prohibited waters?

Finally, when she was moonlighting as private security, she was not acting as a police officer, except in her own mind. What she did was way out of bounds and I hope the department reviews her file and does the right thing. There are enough racist cops already—time to pull the weeds.
    Last edited by Chip-skiff; 07-12-2018 at 05:33 PM.
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! —Cole Porter

Quote Originally Posted by Chip-skiff View Post
    Put yourself in the situation. Answer truthfully.

Holland went to the private pool in an apartment complex where he lived. He had a key issued by the owners. Would you have carried your ID (wallet, etc.) to the pool? Left it there while you were swimming?
    Would you wear shoes and socks while you were swimming?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McCosh View Post
    Would you wear shoes and socks while you were swimming?
    losing your socks and shoes while swimming is a minor inconvenience to losing your wallet and ID
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    losing your socks and shoes while swimming is a minor inconvenience to losing your wallet and ID
    The point is what caught the attention of the security guard to begin with? We don't even know what the racial makeup was of those at the pool--or at the apartment.