Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 56

Thread: What is the upper size limit for singlehanding, for someone in his sixties?

Default Re: What is the upper size limit for singlehanding, for someone in his sixties?

I’ll need a small tin of varnish to get round the patio doors!

IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Default Re: What is the upper size limit for singlehanding, for someone in his sixties?

You could always paint them and be done with it.

Oh, I don’t think I could do that, Phil. I was just wondering where to site the aspidistra...
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

But then where would you huddle out of the 50 Knt headwind? When you get to the Dutchman flaking stage, remind me, somewhere I have a couple of the things which went on the sail, which the vertical lines ran through. They were not simple eyelets, but a plastic plate either side of the sail cloth, maybe 3" diameter, with a small slot rather than a round hole in the centre. I suspect that helps the sail fold itself correctly and ensures that it falls freely down the line. I can post a pic.

I’ve gone and done it. Eight tons of lead, a ton of aluminium, thirteen winches and eleven tons of frozen snot.
    Congratulations, happy smiles to you.
    This is the first lesson ye should learn: There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, it doesn't behoove any of us to speak evil of the rest of us.
    E. Cayce

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    But then where would you huddle out of the 50 Knt headwind? When you get to the Dutchman flaking stage, remind me, somewhere I have a couple of the things which went on the sail, which the vertical lines ran through. They were not simple eyelets, but a plastic plate either side of the sail cloth, maybe 3" diameter, with a small slot rather than a round hole in the centre. I suspect that helps the sail fold itself correctly and ensures that it falls freely down the line. I can post a pic.
    Yes, please, Phil. I think this will be the way to go.

This boat comes with a reputation; two years ago she crossed the Bay of Biscay, in February, to windward in a Force 9. The cockpit was constantly awash but the skipper never got out of his pit, just passing instructions up through the hatch. The damage was a number of locker doors and the WC pedestal.

I hope she will enjoy her retirement.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT