Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An opinion from the left of this gun confiscation?

Default Re: An opinion from the left of this gun confiscation?

Quote Originally Posted by sleek View Post
    Ok, i really dont know here, so actual question....

Why is he a nut job?

from some of the other sources he was telling the cops he was tired of people talking to him through the floor. if you think the people in the restaurant you live above are talking to YOU through the floor, you might just be nuts. add to it, he was stalking around the restaurant yelling obscenities at people. not normal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    I got as far as this opening sentence to the second paragraph:

"Resident snowflakes of the knee-jerk town..."
    I didnt post for the value of his "journalism", and think he was very over the top. But it was the story he was covering that has my interest.

So, as i originally posted, the gun issue aside, the law seems like bs.
    So you agree that this was done lawfully, according to due process as the law is currently written. Good, that's a start. You think it's a bad law.

So, a question for you: what behavior, other than actually shooting at somebody, do you think should lead the authorities to take away somebody's guns? Note that unless one is a subsistence hunter, not having a gun is in almost every case a minor inconvenience at best. Why did this guy's actions not justify taking his guns? What would?
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by isla View Post
    Sound to me like he needs help..

The suspect in this case had been standing outside of the location while wearing a holstered pistol and threatening individuals exiting the premises, which in turn caused some people to be fearful that he might hurt them. This is a violation of law in Washinginton State. The man was taken into custody for his violation which ended in a warrant being issued by the judge for his arrest.

According to the department spokesperson, the suspect — who lives directly above the restaurant — stood on a sidewalk in front of the business “yelling obscenities and accusing them of ‘talking to him through the floor.'” He later called officers back to the scene, saying that he could hear “taunting and voices” emanating from the restaurant. While meeting with police, they said, he said that he wanted a restaurant employee “arrested or shot.” He was detained and later taken to receive medical services.
    Wow, sounds like the right thing was done. Good. Hate it when media spins crap.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    from some of the other sources he was telling the cops he was tired of people talking to him through the floor. if you think the people in the restaurant you live above are talking to YOU through the floor, you might just be nuts. add to it, he was stalking around the restaurant yelling obscenities at people. not normal behavior.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wright View Post
    Rum Pirate has been using this innocent "it was in my email" excuse for 11 years. You need something more original.
    Just so.

Sleek - YOU are responsible for what you post here. If you post something lame, untrue, stupid, or misleading... hey, it happens. We all make mistakes. Might be a good idea, though, as a responsible adult, to apologize and clarify.

I agree that such a law contains within it the seeds of abuse. At the same time, if used well, it is also a tool for nipping problems in the bud.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    So you agree that this was done lawfully, according to due process. Good, that's a start.

So, a question for you: What behavior, other than actually shooting at somebody, do you think should lead the authorities to take away somebody's guns? Note that unless one is a subsistence hunter, not having a gun is in almost every case a minor inconvenience at best. Why did this guy's actions not justify taking his guns? What would?
    Im just gonna side with you guys on this one. No arguments from me.

If we take guns away from crazy people, we should take their cars too.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

yea, it all depends on who is writing the story here. i was mad about the confiscation from the OP article, then mad at the OP article once i got the rest of the story. the guy was a raging loon. he needs some time in a padded cell somewhere.

Then investigate and issue warrents etc, maybe detain the man on the spot. What they did was an outright violation of constitution and authority. You cant act and rule on fear.
    That's what happened.

He was staring at people while wearing a sidearm, and threatening them. He had a prior history where the police had relieved him of a shotgun.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Just so.

Sleek - YOU are responsible for what you post here. If you post something lame, untrue, stupid, or misleading... hey, it happens. We all make mistakes. Might be a good idea, though, as a responsible adult, to apologize and clarify.

I agree that such a law contains within it the seeds of abuse. At the same time, if used well, it is also a tool for nipping problems in the bud.
    I posted to get the left side of view. I dont see the problem? I know it wasnt recieved that way, but, eh, to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Just so.

Practically EVERY law contains within it the seeds of abuse.
    Rattling the teacups.

I posted to get the left side of view. I dont see the problem? I know it wasnt recieved that way, but, eh, to be expected.
    What was YOUR view, when you posted it?

What is YOUR view now?
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    What was YOUR view, when you posted it?

What is YOUR view now?
    When posted, i figured i wasnt getting the entire story, and said as much, but was still upset anout the confiscation with no warrent or arrest.

Now, im glad it happened, and hope an arrest is made.

Thanks!
    Rattling the teacups.

Now, I'm glad it happened, and hope an arrest is made.
    OK, good; we agree.

Two points - first, I congratulate you on actually looking at the facts and not merely holding to dogma. This seems unfortunately all too rare among others on the right who post here.

Second, in the future you might want to reconsider the news sources you use - or at least check them. 'Redrightvideos.com' dosn't on the face of it seem like the place one would get the complete objective truth
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Superfluous. . .
    Last edited by Old Dryfoot; 07-11-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    Nosce te ipsum

Why is he a nut job?
    Dude. He was hearing voices coming from the restaurant downstairs from his place, and threatening people with firearms based on what appear to have been auditory hallucinations. That's almost certainly psychotic, and quite possibly full-blown schizophrenic. Because of the work I do, I'm not a huge fan of pejorative language like "nut job" when it comes to people who are actually mentally ill (I prefer to reserve it for knobs like SCROTUS), but the shoe fits.

What are you doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    He surrended a gun prior to this due to self admitted street.
    This guy needs help and his name needs flagged on NICS

This guy needs help and his name needs flagged on NICS
    Flagged, how many murders have been flagged?

Answer: Lots!
    Nosce te ipsum

Flagged, how many murders have been flagged?

Answer: Lots!
    So, he shouldnt be flagged?

So, he shouldnt be flagged?
    You miss the point. Flag him, and take the guns.
    Nosce te ipsum

You miss the point. Flag him, and take the guns.
    Im of the opinion, he should be flagged, guns taken AND COMPENSATED FOR, and tried for whatever his crimes are. Of course he will plead insanity, and thats just fine. Maybe then he can get help.

Take his guns, give them back to his dad for safe keeping………. er, Haven't I heard something like this recently?
    'C'est la vie' say the old folks it goes to show you never can tell

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

Ok, i really dont know here, so actual question....

Why is he a nut job?
    Because he was standing outside of a restaurant threatening people who he thought were talking to him through the floor.
    If that isn't a nut job what is?

According to the department spokesperson, the suspect — who lives directly above the restaurant — stood on a sidewalk in front of the business “yelling obscenities and accusing them of ‘talking to him through the floor.'” He later called officers back to the scene, saying that he could hear “taunting and voices” emanating from the restaurant. While meeting with police, they said, he said that he wanted a restaurant employee “arrested or shot.” He was detained and later taken to receive medical services.
    The suspect in this case had been standing outside of the location while wearing a holstered pistol and threatening individuals exiting the premises, which in turn caused some people to be fearful that he might hurt them. This is a violation of law in Washinginton State. The man was taken into custody for his violation which ended in a warrant being issued by the judge for his arrest.

According to state law:

It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

Dad should be charged for reckless endangerment

Im of the opinion, he should be flagged, guns taken AND COMPENSATED FOR, and tried for whatever his crimes are. Of course he will plead insanity, and thats just fine. Maybe then he can get help.
    Why should there be compensation?

Jeff C

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of a nut job to keep and bear Arms and threaten people, shall not be infringed.

Because the government shouldnt confiscate without reimbursement for the actual value. Otherwise, thats just theft, and a government with a liscence to steal is ungood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of a nut job to keep and bear Arms and threaten people, shall not be infringed.
    A bit extreme dont you think?

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    When do we get back all the guns Obama grabbed from us?

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha..

[DEEEEP breath..]

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha..

Never!

Because the government shouldnt confiscate without reimbursement for the actual value. Otherwise, thats just theft, and a government with a liscence to steal is ungood.
    Yeah.

When I was a teenager, the danged cops made me pour a case of beer out on the ground.

I'll sue!
    Rattling the teacups.

A bit extreme dont you think?
    thing is they call anyone who does not support Hillary Clinton for President a "Nut Job" the term has lost all meaning in the mouth of a Left winger.

Civil forfeiture in the United States, also called civil asset forfeiture or civil judicial forfeiture or occasionally civil seizure, is a legal process in which law enforcement officers take assets from persons suspected of involvement with crime or illegal activity without necessarily charging the owners with wrongdoing.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Yeah.

When I was a teenager, the danged cops made me pour a case of beer out on the ground.

I'll sue!
    Alcohol abuse!