Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: An opinion from the left of this gun confiscation?

Default An opinion from the left of this gun confiscation?

https://redrightvideos.com/tyranny-b...utm_source=RRV newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber _id:392371&utm_campaign=Tyranny Begins in Seattle As Man Who Broke No Laws Has Guns Confiscated

I dont think there is quite enough info here, but, whats yalls take on this?

Gun issues aside, i believe being punished for doing what the law allows is bs.

Default Re: An opinion from the left of this gun confiscation?

fart
    Rattling the teacups.

Dont care huh?

perhaps a less biased source and more information specific to this incident would allow me to express an opinion

- sign me, liberal firearms enthusiast
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Troll...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by sleek View Post
    I dont think there is quite enough info here, but, whats yalls take on this?
    Understatement of the year.

redrightvideos.com yea nothing like a Right Wing Nut Conspiracy website to give you the facts.

It has all the Red Meat Gun nuts want

East German Stasi
    Miss identifying a Semi auto for a full auto ( gun nuts go rabid if you make any technical error whatsoever )
    Calling everyone who's not an ammosexual a "Snowflake"
    Open carry
    Slippery Slope
    Political Correctness
    Pansies who cower in the face of a firearm
    FEAR

FWIW the dude looks NUTS one less gun I'm happy
    Neighbors complained that the man stared at people through storefront windows while wearing a holstered firearm
    roaming the hallways with a .25 caliber SEMI-automatic

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 6.07.10 AM.jpg
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Hmm,
    what were the reasons police acted like the East German Stasi in a raid on a citizen’s home who hadn’t broken any laws?

Neighbors complained that the man stared at people through storefront windows while wearing a holstered firearm, even though open-carry was legal in the jurisdiction and he was well within his rights. I don’t know if there are anti-staring laws in that part of Washington state.

Resident snowflakes (R_P addition) of the knee-jerk town (R_P addition) complained that the man openly carrying made them feel uncomfortable and unsafe. I looked for and could not find anything in the open carry statutes that mentions a prohibition of making other people feel uncomfortable and unsafe.
    “He was roaming the hallways with a .25 caliber automatic,” Tony Montana recalled, showing his total ignorance of open carry laws and of guns since handguns are not automatic, but semi-automatic. “And it created a lot of fear obviously because I didn’t know if he was coming after me or gonna just start shooting the place up.”
    These are the legal standards for police to use the new state law to forcefully violate a man’s Second Amendment rights even though he did nothing wrong and posed no threat to anyone.
    It would be one thing if the man brandished his weapon, but there is no account that he did. He simply open carried his firearm, which is the law in his town.
    So apparently he 'open carried' in accordance with the law.

He 'stared through storefront windows' OMG the audacity of him to do so.

I watched the video in the link re apparently similar incident in Florida.

Article author appears to support the Second Amendment.

Would like to know more about the background of both instances before commenting further.
    Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

Nah we got enough guns out there, not every gun is sacred, melt them down as fast as you can.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

I dont think there is quite enough info here...

THAT is probably the understatement of the century.

$5 will get you $10 that 'Redrightvideos' has conveniently left out a few facts about the case.

Sorry, sleek, but if you're going to base a thread on a source like that, prepare for getting a face full of jet blast in return.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

The so-called 'sus' laws in UK allow for just such pre-emptive action.. They have been horribly mis-used by the police in arresting and detaining mostly young black men on suspicion of intent to commit a crime often utterly erroneously.
    However there is a charge in Britain and I would be surprised if it didn't exist in USA, of intent to commit. possible scenario...melodramatic and hypothetical but any way……
    A person is seen walking in the early hours carrying a crowbar and bolt cutters wearing a nask, a stripy jersey and a bag over his shoulder with Swag written on it.
    Coming home from a fancy dress party? maybe, but I think it is perfectly ok to at least ask him a few questions.

A man acting in a socially unacceptable way, arguably, and disturbing ordinary citizens by his behaviour whilst openly carrying a firearm. How retarded do you have to be, not to be at least a little concerned.
    That dipship author of the linked article has a point in his base argument, but when the argument is based on a mentality of a Dodge City resident in1840 I don't know if he should be pitied or have his open carry forcibly relocated where the sun doesn't shine.
    I jest.
    What kind of mindset so demonstrably enfeebled allows this to happen. Beyond me.

So to the point, it seems totally reasonable to believe this man might commit a crime as there can be no legal way to use the gun, ergo, it has to be illegal. The fact he has it at all presupposes criminality. The fact he wants to have it and display it in such a fashion demonstrates a mental illness that should surely prevent him from having a gun in the first place.

Let him have a couple of cap guns and some chaps and a ten gallon hat and a dummy and some diapers.
    Or round them all up and put them in a room somewhere and let them all wank themselves to death.
    'C'est la vie' say the old folks it goes to show you never can tell

But there is enough information at many other places, including https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/se...thout-warrant/

There is no excuse for reprinting deliberate lies under the disguise of promoting reasoned discussion.

Nosce te ipsum

Nice blanket statement, but there is additional information on the incident from Snopes:

On 2 March 2018, officers seized a 31-year-old man’s handgun while serving him with an extreme risk protection order (often shortened to ERPO) requiring him to do so. Police said in a statementthat the unidentified man had been the subject of “multiple calls” concerning his behavior.Before seizing his handgun, they said, the suspect had surrendered a shotgun to them in May 2017, after being served with an anti-harassment order. Police said he “acknowledged he was experiencing ‘stress’ and did not want it around.” A spokesperson said:
    Due to his numerous contacts with police and escalating behavior, SPD’s Crisis Response Squad filed for an Extreme Risk Protection Order, requiring the man to turn over all firearms. After the man failed to turn over his firearms or appear in court for a hearing on the order, police obtained a warrant and responded to the man’s apartment in the 2200 block of 2nd Avenue just after 1 p.m. on March 1st and took him into custody.
    A police spokesperson confirmed to us via email that the unidentified man had been reported for harassing people at a restaurant near his home, saying:
    The suspect in this case had been standing outside of the location while wearing a holstered pistol and threatening individuals exiting the premises, which in turn caused some people to be fearful that he might hurt them. This is a violation of law in Washinginton State. The man was taken into custody for his violation which ended in a warrant being issued by the judge for his arrest.
    and
    According to state law:
    It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

All due process, exactly as it is supposed to work. I think that if they hadn't taken his guns away, there was a real chance of a far more unpleasant news story involving corpses and lots of blood. The original story from 'redrightvideos' is complete hogwash, classic wingnuttery. Sleek, why do you use 'news' sources like that? You don't seem to be so ideological that you're completely unconcerned about the facts. (Source)

On 2 March 2018, officers seized a 31-year-old man’s handgun while serving him with an extreme risk protection order (often shortened to ERPO) requiring him to do so. Police said in a statement that the unidentified man had been the subject of “multiple calls” concerning his behavior. Before seizing his handgun, they said, the suspect had surrendered a shotgun to them in May 2017, after being served with an anti-harassment order. Police said he “acknowledged he was experiencing ‘stress’ and did not want it around.” A spokesperson said:

"Due to his numerous contacts with police and escalating behavior, SPD’s Crisis Response Squad filed for an Extreme Risk Protection Order, requiring the man to turn over all firearms. After the man failed to turn over his firearms or appear in court for a hearing on the order, police obtained a warrant and responded to the man’s apartment in the 2200 block of 2nd Avenue just after 1 p.m. on March 1st and took him into custody."
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    All due process, exactly as it is supposed to work. I think that if they hadn't taken his guns away, there was a real chance of a far more unpleasant news story involving corpses and lots of blood. The original story from 'redrightvideos' is complete hogwash, classic wingnuttery. Sleek, why do you use 'news' sources like that? You don't seem to be so ideological that you're completely unconcerned about the facts. (Source)
    Is there an echo in here?

Perhaps it need to be repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate View Post
    Is there an echo in here?
    8:42 and 8:43. You posted while I was proofreading. Great minds . . .
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate View Post
    <snip>
    Perhaps it need to be repeated.
    Yes it does, many, many, many times.
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    But there is enough information at many other places, including https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/se...thout-warrant/

There is no excuse for reprinting deliberate lies under the disguise of promoting reasoned discussion.
    Precisely.

Sleek - please do better. My ignore list is already sufficiently crowded.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

What needs to be repeated is that the OP is part of the spread of hysterical, hateful, partisan falsehoods.

There is no excuse for following Trump's immoral lame excuse along the "people have said" line.

No excuse for uncritically repeating a lie.

And even less excuse for not at least apologizing to the forum for (one hopes inadvertantly) floating the lies.

just more proof that you need to get your news from more than one source there, Sleek. As written in your original post, a LOT was left out. I will say this though, as in Spiderman, "with great power comes great responsibility". I will go out on a limb and say that 90% of all gun owners act very responsible with their guns and if they decide to wear them out in public, take great pains not to antagonize the public. All it takes is that 10% (or less) to make the public wary and of that, 0.5% to actually make them worry for their safety. Those people ruin it for everyone else. In the case of this article, in many ways.

Not only is the public now worried about somebody standing outside a restaurant while carrying and screaming to have somebody shot, but now the gun owners are worried that the public is coming for their guns. Great way to ruin EVERYTHING!
    In my work with the defendants (at the Nuremberg Trails 1945-1949)
    I was searching for the nature of evil and I now think I have come close to defining it. A lack of empathy. Its the one characteristic that connects all the
    defendants, a genuine incapacity to feel with their fellow men.

Evil, I think, is the absence of empathy.

Captain G. M. Gilbert, Army psychologist

This was in my email, i read it. Wanted yalls thoughts. Cant label me a troll for that. I took the wheat from the chaff when i read it.

So, as i originally posted, the gun issue aside, the law seems like bs.

This was in my email, i read it. Wanted yalls thoughts. Cant label me a troll for that. I took the wheat from the chaff when i read it.

No, it is not BS. It is preemptive action which has a very high probability of stopping a murder, or multiple murders. Sane people that behave in a rational manner are not the people loosing their guns.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...o-may-do-harm/
    Details of the cases of people who lost their gun rights paint a disquieting portrait:

• A Portland man who posed for photos with a semi-automatic rifle and had spoken openly about planning a school shooting.
    • A Beaverton veteran who threatened to gun down people at his church.
    • A Vale man who fired his .357 Magnum into the ceiling of his home, believing he was shooting at people in his attic who were poisoning him.
    • A man in Pendleton stopped by his sister from returning to work to shoot the boss who’d just fired him.
    Nosce te ipsum

Threatening with a gun is analogous to threatening speech--both are limited by law, if not illegal. Both are subject to subjective interpretation--the judgement of those who enforce the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    No, it is not BS. It is preemptive action which has a very high probability of stopping a murder, or multiple murders. Sane people that behave in a rational manner are not the people loosing their guns.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...o-may-do-harm/
    Then investigate and issue warrents etc, maybe detain the man on the spot. What they did was an outright violation of constitution and authority. You cant act and rule on fear.

When do we get back all the guns Obama grabbed from us?
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

The thing that gets me about these rightwing freaks (meaning the producers of that vid) is they scream that somebody's precious 2ndA Rights are being violated, but when the next massacre happens, they scream that the perp had been on the FBI's radar, and they did nothing.

People who 'think' in those terms should not be allowed to vote.

Or breed.
    Rattling the teacups.

Yet, it is the law.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Yet, it is the law.
    But, is the law.... lawful?

The thing that gets me about these rightwing freaks (meaning the producers of that vid) is they scream that somebody's precious 2ndA Rights are being violated, but when the next massacre happens, they scream that the perp had been on the FBI's radar, and they did nothing.

People who 'think' in those terms should not be allowed to vote.

Or breed.
    Fallacy in logic here. Not doing anything and doing the wrong thing are both very wrong.

looks like some common sense was applied and took care of this nut job before he was a major problem.

Yet, it is the law.
    I mean, there is a law that litteraly says, even if you obey the law, you are still screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    looks like some common sense was applied and took care of this nut job before he was a major problem.
    Ok, i really dont know here, so actual question....

Why is he a nut job?

You cant act and rule on fear.
    Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha..

[DEEEEP breath..]

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha..

Stop it! You're Killing me!

I got as far as this opening sentence to the second paragraph:

"Resident snowflakes of the knee-jerk town..."

Talking Re: An opinion from the left of this gun confiscation?

Ok, i really dont know here, so actual question....

Why is he a nut job?
    Sound to me like he needs help..

The suspect in this case had been standing outside of the location while wearing a holstered pistol and threatening individuals exiting the premises, which in turn caused some people to be fearful that he might hurt them. This is a violation of law in Washinginton State. The man was taken into custody for his violation which ended in a warrant being issued by the judge for his arrest.

According to the department spokesperson, the suspect — who lives directly above the restaurant — stood on a sidewalk in front of the business “yelling obscenities and accusing them of ‘talking to him through the floor.'” He later called officers back to the scene, saying that he could hear “taunting and voices” emanating from the restaurant. While meeting with police, they said, he said that he wanted a restaurant employee “arrested or shot.” He was detained and later taken to receive medical services.
    Somewhere between Murder and Suicide, there is a place called Merseyside.