Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "WARANA" for sale on Gumtree. NZ built Bailey Ketch? Historic Australian Timber Ketch

Default Re: "WARANA" for sale on Gumtree. NZ built Bailey Ketch? Historic Australian Timber K

Mate .. the dude that wrote a book about the boat im trying to save... how cools that.
    Ive learned so much from the people that have reached out to me where I have put up info on her.
    The gofundme was never about monies... I closed the income @120 bucks which was just about enough to pay the fees and the rest of the admin costs etc .. but it did what I hoped for and I have now spoken to 3 different skippers and a few crewies.
    I was reading a bit more of Brians book last night, the one I found in the Warana ..its in about as good condition as the old girl herself.. and I was thinking to myself ..I wonder how many people have sat with their feet up on this boat reading this book ... gave me the warm fuzzys .... of course then reality set in and I looked at the quote to replace the stem... ouchies

Default Re: "WARANA" for sale on Gumtree. NZ built Bailey Ketch? Historic Australian Timber K

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    My boat was built at Brighton by Jack Gutierrez as well. Commissioned by Jock Sturrock.
    http://arhv.anmm.gov.au/people/12989
    Im reading your stuff with awe at the moment ..sorry its taken so long to get back to you .

Great vid Brian, it might be 'a bit old and scratchy' but it seemed more real than a lot of more polished efforts I've seen and conveyed the atmosphere well. I'm glad you resisted adding a music track.

Can't believe that Greenpeace have 'forgotten' Muraroa protests and the Rainbow Warrior. It was pretty significant diplomatically till NZ got cold feet and sent the perp's back to a heroes welcome in France.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Great vid Brian, it might be 'a bit old and scratchy' but it seemed more real than a lot of more polished efforts I've seen and conveyed the atmosphere well. I'm glad you resisted adding a music track.

Can't believe that Greenpeace have 'forgotten' Muraroa protests and the Rainbow Warrior. It was pretty significant diplomatically till NZ got cold feet and sent the perp's back to a heroes welcome in France.
    To be fair we sent them to a 6 month or year long holiday on one of the finest tropical island resorts first care of the French govt.
    That's what govtsof small countries do with the threat of trade sanctions and export economic ruin in a 70 million to 3 million population standoff.
    Still, the French govt and their bumbling secret service/miltary buffoons getting caught by neighborhood watch and some cops in walk shorts and Holden motor cars made them look pretty stupid. Less than competent. Good at a sneaky king hit in a pub filled with families having a party... couldn't get away though.

Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret