Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not bothering to watch Trump's announcement for SCOTUS Nominee

Default Re: Not bothering to watch Trump's announcement for SCOTUS Nominee

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    Oh really? If it's true, Trump only won with Putin's help and Comey. He couldn't win an election for dog catcher without lying to the people every friggin' day. He might win if the election was for Pussy Catcher if you take into account his experience
    Have we identified someone who claims to have changed their vote from Hillary to Trump based on anything in the news during the campaign?

Has there been documented cases of voter fraud or tampering resulting in Trump being elected Nov 2016?
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Have we identified someone who claims to have changed their vote from Hillary to Trump based on anything in the news during the campaign?

Has there been documented cases of voter fraud or tampering resulting in Trump being elected Nov 2016?
    That's impossible to prove, what is true, the last news prior to the election is the last one people consider. If the last person in the news and it was negative, some may have voted for Hillary. That why there is a min number of feet a politician or a representative can not pass through. Usually 100 feet. Another point, no booze on Election day. I think you can figure out why.

That's impossible to prove, what is true, the last news prior to the election is the last one people consider. If the last person in the news and it was negative, some may have voted for Hillary. That why there is a min number of feet a politician or a representative can not pass through. Usually 100 feet. Another point, no booze on Election day. I think you can figure out why.
    English please.

Trump's sister, also a judge, is reportedly pushing for Hardiman. I wonder how "loyal" he is to family members. It might also be a safer pick than Barrett, the left is is going to use her religious beliefs against her like a knotty club.
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    English please.
    Ask your mommy, maybe she can translate it for you. At least the words over 2 syllables
    s

That's impossible to prove...
    Neither is impossible to prove.
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

Neither is impossible to prove.
    Well prove it then Brian and when people tell you who they voted for or against, who says they are not lying?

The last thing I want to see is another episode of The Apprentice.

100 feet? No booze?, i guess i cannot figure out what you are talking about but spect booze may be a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    100 feet? No booze?, i guess i cannot figure out what you are talking about but spect booze may be a clue.
    Sounds like you've never voted. Otherwise you'd know what I was talking about. There is no electioneering less than 100 feet minimum from a designated polling center.

Here we go. It's Cavanaugh. That was the prediction.

Well prove it then Brian and when people tell you who they voted for or against, who says they are not lying?
    You're the one who said Trump only won with Putin's help. But I will agree with you on the second part... anyone who says they changed their vote from Hillary to Trump, for any reason, is probably lying.

My wife and I were discussing why Trump chose this guy. Conclusion: He's the one most likely to protect Trump in any anti-Trump cases reaching the court. Can he be forced to testify before Muelller? Can he be charged with a crime while in office, etc. etc.
    You can bet your bottom dollar that this is what Trump was thinking, not about the GOP wanted or about the welfare of the country, but only about himself.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

You're the one who said Trump only won with Putin's help. But I will agree with you on the second part... anyone who says they changed their vote from Hillary to Trump, for any reason, is probably lying.
    He did Brian with all of his bots on places like FB. IU realize you kiss the ground that Trump walks on. Perhaps, being in the military you have to but, any interference Putin has done through passing out false information against Hillary etc., takes a toll. Also, Putin, wanting a puppet in the WH he can hopefully control, everything he did was biased in Trump's favor. There isn't one intelligence agency or the Senate Intelligence Committee that didn't reach that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    My wife and I were discussing why Trump chose this guy. Conclusion: He's the one most likely to protect Trump in any anti-Trump cases reaching the court. Can he be forced to testify before Muelller? Can he be charged with a crime while in office, etc. etc.
    You can bet your bottom dollar that this is what Trump was thinking, not about the GOP wanted or about the welfare of the country, but only about himself.

i'd bet my bottom dollar that that post was a made up steaming pile inspired by petty frustrations and hurt feelings. talk about a get rich quick scheme if there was anyone dumb enough to take that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    i'd bet my bottom dollar that that post was a made up steaming pile inspired by petty frustrations and hurt feelings. talk about a get rich quick scheme if there was anyone dumb enough to take that bet.
    Why don't you read his opinion he wrote in 2009 and connect it to Mueller's investigation and Trump's swamp he's created?Who is frustrated and do you think it's a pile? Opinions can be checked and verified. Call his opinion for what it is. It's a fact that he wrote it. Oh wait, Republicans don't believe in facts and are blind to opinions your SC Justice ( to be) wrote.

From VOX!

Kavanaugh wrote in an article for the Minnesota Law Review from 2009 that Congress should pass a law “exempting a President—while in office—from criminal prosecution and investigation, including from questioning by criminal prosecutors or defense counsel.”
    “I believe that the President should be excused from some of the burdens of ordinary citizenship while serving in office,” Kavanaugh wrote. “We should not burden a sitting President with civil suits, criminal investigations, or criminal prosecutions.” Furthermore, Kavanaugh opined that the “indictment and trial of a sitting President” would “cripple the federal government.”
    Now, this is in the context of calling for Congress to change existing law — not for the Supreme Court to interpret it differently. However, these beliefs and opinions could well influence how Kavanaugh would rule on the major topics related to civil or criminal investigations that do end up reaching the Supreme Court.
    And these are topics of enormous importance to Trump, who’s facing not just the Mueller probe over Russian interference with the 2016 election, but a civil suit over his foundation and a defamation suit from Summer Zervos, who has said Trump sexually assaulted her.
    The Mueller probe has captured most of Trump’s attention, and he has endlessly complained about it. So no doubt he was thrilled to learn that Kavanaugh believed that similar investigations tend to be burdens on the presidency. Indeed, CNN’s Jim Acosta reported that the Trump team reviewed these comments by Kavanaugh before choosing him.
    Last edited by S.V. Airlie; 07-10-2018 at 08:10 AM.

well which one is it sv. is trump a moron or is he a genius that remembers everything?

well which one is it sv. is trump a moron or is he a genius that remembers everything?
    He's an idiot and I'm being polite when I say that.Actually, I think he's guilty and he knows it. Mueller is going to prove it and Trump is scared

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    that’s what I’m reading

For a troll that’s a lazy start. You’ll set the hook deeper if you can address his point WHILE delivering sophmoric insults. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    For a troll that’s a lazy start. You’ll set the hook deeper if you can address his point WHILE delivering sophmoric insults. Try again.

i'm not in the business of entertaining delusional fantasies.

i'm not in the business of entertaining delusional fantasies.
    Obviously, it’s a hobby and what you said to Rich was a story of your making about Rich with no reference to Kavanaugh or Trump. Try again.

I'm afraid you'd lose that bet. My opinion is not born out of frustration or hurt feelings. It is derived from the knowledge that Trump knows nothing of the law or how to pick SC judge. I do know that the man is an egomaniac who thinks of himself first and nobody second.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

That's one time and it made the news because it was one time, Thomas is always asleep. He does his best work at sleep. Actually, his only work.It never makes the news.
    You ought to do a little homework prior to entering your hyperbole, here, I'll do it for you, nothing says he was sleeping, not many links on him, quite a few on Ginsberg.

https://uproxx.com/news/clarence-tho...supreme-court/

Quote Originally Posted by woodpile View Post
    You ought to do a little homework prior to entering your hyperbole, here, I'll do it for you, nothing says he was sleeping, not many links on him, quite a few on Ginsberg.

https://uproxx.com/news/clarence-tho...supreme-court/
    It's common knowledge. Your article is what Trump would call FAKE NEWS! Of course, it's the sort you'd believe as fact. Most articles you post have that in common with this one.How many lead opinions has Thomas written since he's been on the court? I know of one in what 20 yrs or so. Ever wonder why.

Before going into the Court to watch my brother argue his supreme court case, I was repeatedly admonished not to shout out, "Wake up, Clarance."

I behaved.

My brother's alleged bank robber was freed.

It's common knowledge. Your article is what Trump would call FAKE NEWS! Of course, it's the sort you'd believe as fact. Most articles you post have that in common with this one.How many lead opinions has Thomas written since he's been on the court? I know of one in what 20 yrs or so. Ever wonder why.
    My only point was Ginsberg is known as the one who likes to sleep, spin it however you like, however, of you want to disprove my point provide some facts.

My only point was Ginsberg is known as the one who likes to sleep, spin it however you like, however, of you want to disprove my point provide some facts.
    WOW one time and it wasn't when court was even in session. It was a State of the Union Address.And 81 too. Clarence has fallen asleep while on the bench and he's barely 70.
    Last edited by S.V. Airlie; 07-10-2018 at 02:08 PM.

WOW one time and it wasn't when court was even in session. It was a State of the Union Address.And 81 too. Clarence has fallen asleep while on the bench and he's barely 70.
    And as I said, where's the facts?

And as I said, where's the facts?
    I googled this, there were pages of articles and CARTOONS about Thomas sleeping when court is in session. Why don't you do what I did and look yourself.

I googled this, there were pages of articles and CARTOONS about Thomas sleeping when court is in session. Why don't you do what I did and look yourself.
    Because I did it before you did, not for the cartoons, as I said where's your facts.