Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Tammie Norrie “Brisbane Find” Questions

Default Re: Tammie Norrie “Brisbane Find” Questions

Had a good afternoon working on the Tamie after getting sidetracked by our two bathroom renovation and other projects the last three weeks.
    Dagger board case installed ,as well cap rails stained and one coat of varnish applied.

[IMG][/IMG]

After spending well over one hour sanding and fairing the inside of the hull I simply closed my eyes to some of the rough epoxy work done by the builder and proceeded to prime .
    After all she will not be a show boat but a craft used for rowing sailing and fishing including crabbing and occasionally as a dinghy for Wee Barkie.

Also sighting up the daggerboard case it apears to be not perfectly plumb and square in a fore and aft direction.which reminds me I should have used a centre line and used measurements from that for my DB slot ,rather than laying out the case measurements by using the centre of the keelson which apears to have not been installed accurately.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by auscruisertom; 11-06-2018 at 02:48 AM.

As a wood butcher and amateur boat builder I am grateful my memory is not what it used to be. Otherwise I would have known better than spent the better part of six hours cutting lining up and fitting finally then epoxied two NG Rosewood thwart supports.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by auscruisertom View Post
    After spending well over one hour sanding and fairing the inside of the hull I simply closed my eyes to some of the rough epoxy work done by the builder and proceeded to prime .
    After all she will not be a show boat but a craft used for rowing sailing and fishing including crabbing and occasionally as a dinghy for Wee Barkie.

Also sighting up the daggerboard case it apears to be not perfectly plumb and square in a fore and aft direction.which reminds me I should have used a centre line and used measurements from that for my DB slot ,rather than laying out the case measurements by using the centre of the keelson which apears to have not been installed accurately.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Nice shot.
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Nice shot.
    This is my favourite picture.

[IMG][/IMG]