Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: Terrapin - a box boat in a box

Default Re: Terrapin - a box boat in a box

Black Bull 1-ton lift. I bought them through Amazon for $29.88 each. From China, a bit rough around the edges and coated in oil when they come out of the box. But they worked without a hitch. The range is 8 feet, enough for my application.

-Dave

Thanks Dave. Having straight stems certainly helps. I think i recall some guy using solid rod into some upright planks, rather than using an overhead lift, to roll a CMD Redwing 26. Glad to see it work out anyway.

So I just visited the CLC site because I really like this boat, and the site claims that it's not available yet, ie it's a "speculative design"

Just wondering how you managed to buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by earling2 View Post
    So I just visited the CLC site because I really like this boat, and the site claims that it's not available yet, ie it's a "speculative design"

Just wondering how you managed to buy one?
    The site hasn't been updated for awhile. Two kits have been shipped, one the standard canoe yawl model, and mine which has the balanced lug main and longer cabintop. If you want to order the plans or any of the kit options, John will send you a price list. I bought mine by first asking if a balanced lug was possible. John replied that he had a sketch somewhere because I was the second person to make the request. He dug out the sketch and found that there was actually a lot more work to be done, but agreed to do complete the design for the conversion on my promise to buy the kit. He did tell me that the lug option will probably become a standard item in the catalog. There's also a bigger version on the drawing board, designed to accommodate two cruisers.
    -Dave

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll really be interested to see the bigger version. Looking forward to watching yours progress, meanwhile. Cool boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Woxbox View Post
    Black Bull 1-ton lift. I bought them through Amazon for $29.88 each. From China, a bit rough around the edges and coated in oil when they come out of the box. But they worked without a hitch. The range is 8 feet, enough for my application.

Thank you sir for that info. It will be handy in the not so distant future. I'll pick up two through my Xmas wish list.

Oh dear? I know what I want for Xmas. I can see the SO rolling her eyes now. LOL
    This sig line is proudly provided by The Wooden Boat Magazine Forum. If it ain't The Wooden Boat Mag, it just a rag.