Thread: Putinís Cup

Default Putinís Cup

Putin is having one hell of year. He has proven how bribes and intimidation can get what he wants.

it will an interesting watch. I will be watching to see if Brazil can pull it together.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Default Re: Putinís Cup

Fortunately I am not a spectator at all. Sport is doing, not drinking beer and watching.

Default Re: Putinís Cup

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Fortunately I am not a spectator at all. Sport is doing, not drinking beer and watching.
    I appreciate what you are saying, but as far as professional players are concerned somebody has to watch and drink beer or they are out of a job. So I suppose I will have to help them out
    Sadly, all the UK teams except England are out of this tournament, and so is the Republic of Ireland, so it looks like I will be supporting England this time around.

I'm not happy about it being held in Russia, and I expect there will be some crowd violence, but hopefully their police will behave professionally and keep it to a minimum.
    Itís really hard to define Ďvirtue signallingí, as I was saying the other day to some of my Muslim friends over a fair-trade coffee in our local feminist bookshop. (Lucy Porter 2018)