Thread: Conservapedia

Default Conservapedia

Now we know where some of our RWWs get their facts from other than Faux News. Another news and facts source has become part of the liberal conspiracy's attack on the truths as found in the Bible. Wikipedia is obviously a liberal centered storehouse of misinformation put out by atheist and their fellow travelers to discredit the bible. Now Conservapedia has effectively proven that Einstein was off his rocker and that E=mc˛ is a fiction made up to bamboozle gullible masses of liberals.

Conservapedia Disproves E=mc˛

by AlyoshaKaramazovFollow
    Tom L

Default Re: Conservapedia

From Wikipedia:

Relativity[edit]

See also: Criticism of the theory of relativity
    Conservapedia has also received criticism for its articles regarding the theory of relativity, particularly on their entry titled "Counterexamples to relativity", an article that lists examples purportedly demonstrating that the theory is incorrect. Attention was drawn to the article by a Talking Points Memo posting, in which they reported on Conservapedia's entry and stated that Andy Schlafly, Conservapedia's founder, "has found one more liberal plot: the theory of relativity".[51] New Scientist, a science magazine, criticized Conservapedia's views on relativity and responded to several of Conservapedia's arguments against it.[52] Against Conservapedia's statements, New Scientist stated that, while one is unlikely to find a single physicist who would claim that the theory of general relativity is the whole answer to how the universe works, the theory of relativity has passed every test it has been put through.[52]:1
    University of Maryland physics professor Robert L. Park has also criticized Conservapedia's entry on the theory of relativity, arguing that its criticism of the principle as "heavily promoted by liberals who like its encouragement of relativism and its tendency to mislead people in how they view the world" confuses a physical theory with a moral value.[53] Similarly, New Scientist stated at the end of their article that:[52]:2
    In the end there is no liberal conspiracy at work. Unfortunately, humanities scholars often confuse the issue by misusing the term "relativity". The theory in no way encourages relativism, regardless of what Conservapedia may think. The theory of relativity is ultimately not so much about what it renders relative—three-dimensional space and one-dimensional time—but about what it renders absolute: the speed of light and four-dimensional space-time.
    In October 2010, Scientific American criticized Conservapedia's attitude towards the Theory of Relativity, assigning them a zero score on their 0 to 100 fallacy-versus-fact "Science Index", describing Conservapedia as "the online encyclopedia run by conservative lawyer Andrew Schlafly, [which] implies that Einstein's theory of relativity is part of a liberal plot."[54]
    Another claim is that "Albert Einstein's work had nothing to do with the development of the atomic bomb", and that Einstein was only a minor contributor to the theory of relativity.[13][15][31]
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

I think i's called 'decline and fall'. The triumph of ignorance and superstition over knowledge and science. "Alternative Facts".
    Civilisation may follow previous empires into the dust yet.

Quick poll of our righties: Any of you guys prepared to defend, or at least claim you agree with, Schlafly on this?

Total whackjob site. Frank! would love it.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

It will do well amongst those who don't want to know.

we chuckle about it's existence, but really, now many people stand by what it has on the net? I would not mind a conservative Wikipedia if it did not try to debunk established facts like the Theory of Relativity. I imagine they are after the fact that the earth revolves around the sun or perhaps gravity next?
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

My favourite cartoons come to mind……...

"Conservative" Wikipedia? That implies that Wikipedia is politically liberal. It's not. It's just an encyclopedia in the traditional, consensus scholarship model that began in the Enlightenment. Anyone of even half-baked research ability can take almost any biographical or historical topic in Wikipedia and using the cites right there can move to both left and right takes on the matter. To countenance the notion of "conservative" wikipedia is to do honor the that most dishonorable notion that all truth is partisan political truth.

The allegation gives the deliberately ignorant and the rusted on crazies something to hang their prejudices on. There is likely money to be made for the initiator.

true, when facts are considered "liberal" you may be too far right

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    "Conservative" Wikipedia? That implies that Wikipedia is politically liberal. It's not. It's just an encyclopedia in the traditional, consensus scholarship model that began in the Enlightenment. Anyone of even half-baked research ability can take almost any biographical or historical topic in Wikipedia and using the cites right there can move to both left and right takes on the matter. To countenance the notion of "conservative" wikipedia is to do honor the that most dishonorable notion that all truth is partisan political truth.
    So true Ian. I wondered why the originators of Conservapedia did not consider that ability to post their stuff on Wikipedia? The answer is, of course, obvious. To do so would expose their ignorance of real science and invite requests for proof and counter argument. Another vain attempt to show that ancient sheep herders knew more about science and natural law than modern educated people. Inspired by god? Yeah, right? If that were true, there would not be so many contradictions or obvious fallacies.
    Tom L

very true Tom. It's the whole "bubble" thing. If they do something in a "safe" area, nobody can call them out on the carpet for it. And they refer to Liberals as Snowflakes...

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lathrop View Post
    Wikipedia is obviously a liberal centered storehouse of misinformation put out by atheist and their fellow travelers to discredit the bible.
    reality has a liberal bias
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    Quick poll of our righties: Any of you guys prepared to defend, or at least claim you agree with, Schlafly on this?
    I never heard of this.

I did watch the show about einstein, learned things i did not know..

I dont see a liberal plot anywhere.

Are you sure it's not Borowitz?

LOL, better than Borowitz!

After the Flood, these kangaroos, bred from the Ark passengers and then migrated to Australia. There is debate whether this migration happened over land[5] with lower sea levels during the post-flood ice age, or before the super-continent of Pangea broke apart.[6]
    Someone took the time to type this stuff?
    Remarkable!

Never has my tag line read so true.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

it's like a train wreck. You can't turn away no matter how much it hurts to see.

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    I never heard of this.

I was about to whip off some snarky reply but considering that bobbys has made an altogether reasonable post, that would be counter productive.
    Tom L

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    I never heard of this.

Not nesessarily liberal, but Hitler did call relativity “Jewish Physics”.

i'm kinda down with dreamtime
    seriously, i think i'd like to learn more, not from conservapedia though. . .
    i'd like to hear the story from purri and aussiebarney

Quote Originally Posted by conservapedia
    When the earth goddess was done dreaming, she arose to find that she had created the universe, but that it was lacking in one essential component. So she thought for exactly six thousand years and eventually created man out of the clay from a river. Man then copulated with the earth goddess to create the first woman.
    Last edited by Paul Pless; 06-14-2018 at 08:38 AM.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

... is, on one hand... a joke. On the other, a sad symptom.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

" . . . Hitler did call relativity “Jewish Physics”." [#23] Maybe Conservapedia can get on board with the "concave hollow earth" cosmology that Hitler believed. Hitler even sent off an expedition to some arctic site in Finland or USSR that was to set up an infrared device to monitor the British fleet. Not to be confused with the "convex hollow earth" where giants and Hitler live inside the core.