Thread: Shipmate stove company status

Default Shipmate stove company status

Does anyone know if the Shipmate Stove Company is still a going concern? I tried calling them and emailing them the other day, but both bounced with full voicemail & mailbox. I just got a Shipmate No. 7-11 aka Skippy but the intake damper and the ash grate were both broken in the mail. Looking for replacements. Anyone have some lying around perhaps?

Default Re: Shipmate stove company status

If you can't reach them try this company as they make a stove that is quite simular to the Shipmate 211.
    Jay
    http://www.marinestove.com/halibutinfo.htm

The original Shipmate stove company, ultimately a subsidiary of the Richmond Ring Co., has been "off the radar" for a long time. I searched for them for a long time as did you. I have one of their stainless steel alcohol stoves with large copper burners. It's pretty old, as well. I never did find them but later read on the new Shipmate stove company's "history" website section that the original Shipmate Stove company went out of business in 1990, along with a lot of other great boat gear companies, when the government imposed a "luxury tax" on yacht products.

There is now a new "Shipmate Stove Company" in business. They are manufacturing replicas of some of the old Shipmate cast iron stoves. Here's their website. http://www.shipmatestove.com/Results.cfm?category=6 They make a "Skippy" replica and I expect they'd be able to provide parts for your original.

Good luck! Great little stoves.

They also advertise folding "Pullman" head sinks which have been unobtainable for a long, long, time. Finestkind!

Last edited by Bob Cleek; 06-13-2018 at 06:01 PM.

There's still a Shipmate stainless stove on Magic. I dread needing parts.

Actually, the new Shipmate stove company is the one I was referring to. They seem to be unreachable for the moment via both email and phone. Anyone in the neighborhood that might be able to stop by and ask what's up? I've also reached out to Andrew at Navigator Stove Works on the off chance he has some patterns for these parts. Alas, the 7-11 "Skippy" is nothing like a Shipmate 211. We do have a cool stove restoration shop up the way: https://www.bryantstoves.com/ They said they *might* be able to make patterns from the broken pieces and recast them. I'll be dropping by there soon to explore that avenue. Any other suggestions are welcome.