Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what's not to like

Default Re: what's not to like

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    ?Are you a panel-beater ? What? I said are you a panel beater? WHAT? ARE YOU A PA:: Oh never mind…

Sorry , couldn't hear a thing, are you looking for a panel beater?
    My very first car was a clapped-out '57 MGA. One of the first things I did after I towed it home was to buy a shop manual for it that was printed in Old Blighty. It had a chapter in the back that covered body repairs, and the very first thing it said was that "Panel beating requires a high amount of skill." True then -- true now!

Pushed rod.

Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Pushed rod.

With that one -- "No Panel Beating Required" or possible....

Kinda sad.

you're just gonna regress straight from the e to the c without stopping at d?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

I'm not doing anything unfortunately. Yes I think if I rolled up my garage door and found a D or C I'd be quite a happy chappy.
    In the meantime I'll just let my hair whip back and forth in the little MG, pretend its BRG and I'm Mike Hawthorn without the killer looks and kidney disease.

That was a truly great spoof.

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    I'm not doing anything unfortunately. Yes I think if I rolled up my garage door and found a D or C I'd be quite a happy chappy.
    In the meantime I'll just let my hair whip back and forth in the little MG, pretend its BRG and I'm Mike Hawthorn without the killer looks and kidney disease.
    Driving up to Newcastle early yesterday morning, I passed an early year E type as I went over the Hawkesbury River bridge. He was in the slow lane.... maybe running in, as the car looked like it had just left the beauty parlour.

I was tempted the other day to post the aluminium-bodied C and D type replicas. Starting price for their kits is 95,000 pounds sterling. I'd always looked at the C and D type fibreglass replicas whenever a mate started talking about building a Cobra replica. They are an order of magnitude prettier.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Fallon has a lot of talent.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    I'd always looked at the C and D type fibreglass replicas whenever a mate started talking about building a Cobra replica. They are an order of magnitude prettier.
    but no pushrods!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    but no pushrods!
    Hell, I've even got two strokes and one sidevalve in my fleet.... and still a few pushrods. Historics get special dispensation.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    I'd have put those little solar panels somewhere else
    they do stick out

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    they do stick out
    I don't think they'd pass rego inspection here either.... they need to be padded, IIRC