Thread: "I don't need no stinkin' notes!"

Default "I don't need no stinkin' notes!"

More self-aggrandizement from our dear leader.

President Trump said that he doesn’t need any transcript or notes from his summit meeting with North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un because he has “one of the great memories of all times,” The Hill reports.

“When asked by a reporter if he had notes to verify details after the meeting in Singapore, Trump said he didn’t need to.”

Said Trump: “I don’t have to verify because I have one of the great memories of all time.”
    Robert Mueller must have laughed his head off, when he read that one
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Default Re: "I don't need no stinkin' notes!"

I wonder if the translators took notes.

I bet someone has a recording………………...

He also has a habit of ripping up documents when he has read them, even though he is legally obliged to preserve them. So his staff have to collect up the bits and tape them together..

Under the Presidential Records Act, the White House must preserve all memos, letters, emails and papers that the president touches, sending them to the National Archives for safekeeping as historical records.

But White House aides realized early on that they were unable to stop Trump from ripping up paper after he was done with it and throwing it in the trash or on the floor, according to people familiar with the practice. Instead, they chose to clean it up for him, in order to make sure that the president wasn’t violating the law.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-papers-filing-system-635164

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8392856.html
    It’s really hard to define ‘virtue signalling’, as I was saying the other day to some of my Muslim friends over a fair-trade coffee in our local feminist bookshop. (Lucy Porter 2018)

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

And subsequently, those WH staff members were fired for doing their jobs; scotch tapping the memos etc. together.

The archivists at the Nation Archives are not White House staff, but they are the ones stuck with the task of taping the documents back together.
    Allan of the Grove
    "never send a ferret to do a weasel's job.."

Libs cannot get their heads around we have the smartest prez of our time, maybe all time.

It's really not much to remember. To see how vacuous this is, go to #24 of http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...t=#post5588744 .

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Ask Melanie!

Quote Originally Posted by S/V Laura Ellen View Post
    The archivists at the Nation Archives are not White House staff, but they are the ones stuck with the task of taping the documents back together.
    Wasn't sure how to classify them but, what I wrote is correct. Someone had to fire them. Apparently, they've been doing the same job for 20 yrs. Not tapping memos together but, archiving presidential notes and memos meant to be saved by law.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Libs cannot get their heads around we have the smartest prez of our time, maybe all time.
    bobbys, both you and he are delusional.

Trump meet the press 20 years ago.

And we have this .country out there, North Korea, that is sort of wacko. Which is not a bunch of dummies and they are going out and they are developing nuclear weapons… And wouldn’t it be good to sit down and really negotiate something? And if that negotiation doesn’t work you’re better to solve the problem now than solve it later..

Norm needs to do his home work before believing his sites.......

Trump meet the press 20 years ago.

And we have this .country out there, North Korea, that is sort of wacko. Which is not a bunch of dummies and they are going out and they are developing nuclear weapons… And wouldn’t it be good to sit down and really negotiate something? And if that negotiation doesn’t work you’re better to solve the problem now than solve it later..

N K a bunch of dummies! Interesting, that's exactly what I see with the Trump supporters in the US of A.

No 'stable genius' needs notes.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Yet another chuckle from bobbys.
    Keep 'em coming!

You first. Try googling all the previous negotiations with North Korea, and take a look at what was supposedly agreed to, in those negotiations, and then look to see what actually happened.

your dear leader has accomplished nothing, other than a photo op.

He got played.... and you have been suckered.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    You first. Try googling all the previous negotiations with North Korea, and take a look at what was supposedly agreed to, in those negotiations, and then look to see what actually happened.

your dear leader has accomplished nothing, other than a photo op.

He got played.... and you have been suckered.
    Sorry.

While you are correct - it's also true that some folks have shown themselves to be constitutionally incapable of discerning when they're being conned. Cue the P.T. Barnum music...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Trump: So you kill people that don't agree with your actions to protect your position.

Kim: Yes, it does not bother me. In fact I will even kill my own relatives who speak poorly of me.

Trump: Humm. Maybe you could give me your notes on that.

Kim: No notes! Just tell your people to handle the problem. You are the most powerful man in the world.

Trump: You are right. I am. I don't need no stinkin' notes!
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

I have come to the conclusion that bobbys is the greatest troll of all time. He doesn't believe a word of what he says, but does it just to get a rise out of us. It's the only explanation that makes any sense
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    Wasn't sure how to classify them but, what I wrote is correct. Someone had to fire them. Apparently, they've been doing the same job for 20 yrs. Not tapping memos together but, archiving presidential notes and memos meant to be saved by law.
    and when fired, were told that they serve at the whim of the President.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that bobbys is the greatest troll of all time. He doesn't believe a word of what he says, but does it just to get a rise out of us. It's the only explanation that makes any sense
    Bobbys has been spreading tar all his life. What he does here is a digital extension of that.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    Oh... he's every bit the TeaParty, KnowNothing, TrueBeliever he appears to be.

He's also just clever enough to be tired of being smacked down by the facts, and is now fighting a rear-guard, insurrectionist, trollish action. It's all he has left.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Oh... he's every bit the TeaParty, KnowNothing, TrueBeliever he appears to be.

He's also just clever enough to be tired of being smacked down by the facts, and is now fighting a rear-guard, insurrectionist, trollish action. It's all he has left.
    He certainly doesn't have any facts to back up his rambling statements.

Don't diss the guy too much- he's good for a chuckle at times.

Quote Originally Posted by birlinn View Post
    Don't diss the guy too much- he's good for a chuckle at times.
    It's just so repetitious, nothing new, just the same old argument one after another. Why I don't like some British humor; they say something funny, everyone laughs, they say it again and fewer people laugh and then, they say it again and no one laughs.

If he rips up documents, why don't they just give him copies?

Quote Originally Posted by David W Pratt View Post
    If he rips up documents, why don't they just give him copies?
    They need the originals I suspect. All records regarding to president written by the president or received by that president are supposed to be originals. It's the law not that the law means anything to Trump.

A lot of spin to save face here.

DT was on this 20 years ago and he was just a business man then.

Now its ....not enough... for our libs who cheered obama doing nothing..

Again, norm ,do yer homework...

But Trump doesn't have to read the originals. Does he read them at all, or just go straight into hiding the evidence?

Just contract the job out to the Iranians.
    Quote Originally Posted by isla View Post
    He also has a habit of ripping up documents when he has read them, even though he is legally obliged to preserve them. So his staff have to collect up the bits and tape them together..

Under the Presidential Records Act, the White House must preserve all memos, letters, emails and papers that the president touches, sending them to the National Archives for safekeeping as historical records.

But White House aides realized early on that they were unable to stop Trump from ripping up paper after he was done with it and throwing it in the trash or on the floor, according to people familiar with the practice. Instead, they chose to clean it up for him, in order to make sure that the president wasn’t violating the law.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-papers-filing-system-635164

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8392856.html