Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction how it will play out between Kim/Trump

Default Re: Prediction how it will play out between Kim/Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post

...and what did the US get?

Trump got used.
    This. I see nothing that came out of this deal but a photo op.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    So let me get this straight... Trump, the liberal described bumbling international buffoon who no important foreign leader respects, now has the power to give street credibility to Kim by meeting him in Singapore.

Please tell us wise ones, what country just leaned forward and said “Damn, Kim is legit now.”
    Trump! Easy answer, people respect the office, not who is sitting in it Brian. I respect the office of President, I have no reason to respect Trump. Respect is earned and he hasn't earned it and probably never will.

sweet baby jesus. you goons can't say anything nice can you?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    sweet baby jesus. you goons can't say anything nice can you?
    When there is a reason to, I will but, I'm not holding my breath. Maybe if I wore some rose colored glasses, I might. However, this is reality.

Al we can do is hope, but the hope is that Kimmy will, and can, change his countries direction Alan. There are powerful forces that will resist and The US is not the power Donald thinks it is.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Al we can do is hope, but the hope is that Kimmy will, and can, change his countries direction Alan. There are powerful forces that will resist and The US is not the power Donald thinks it is.

right, and hope is a GOOD thing right? before yesterday, how much hope did you have on denuclearizing NK? how about today? is it MORE or LESS? i would say it's more. so if hope is good, then MORE hope would be better. so WTF is wrong with all of you debbie downers? yall hate trump SO MUCH that you're still mad when he moves NK closer to getting rid of nukes. think about that.

right, and hope is a GOOD thing right? before yesterday, how much hope did you have on denuclearizing NK? how about today? is it MORE or LESS? i would say it's more. so if hope is good, then MORE hope would be better. so WTF is wrong with all of you debbie downers? yall hate trump SO MUCH that you're still mad when he moves NK closer to getting rid of nukes. think about that.
    Verifiable but, Trump nixed the Iran Deal because in part, their nuclear development couldn't be verified. So, why is the N Korea situation any different Alan. Oh wait, the Iran Deal was Obama's, how silly of me!

So let me get this straight... Trump, the liberal described bumbling international buffoon who no important foreign leader respects, now has the power to give street credibility to Kim by meeting him in Singapore.

Please tell us wise ones, what country just leaned forward and said “Damn, Kim is legit now.”
    When the bumbling buffoon is the POTUS he has the power.

Open your eyes, it was all theater! That was all SFB wanted, a photo op, now he can preen publicly for a Nobel prize. Nothing has changed. You're being played for a sucker and you don't give a crap, you just keep lapping it up. . .
    Nosce te ipsum

oh, you're silly sv.

The Reds here would favor an economic crash and world nuclear annihilation, if that’s what it takes to get rid of President Trump. And they wonder why they can’t win elections.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

NK = Jerusalem 2.0

SFB can't do diplomacy, because he refuses to understand diplomacy. He just keeps giving away any advantage that US may hold in negotiations. Sitting down with Kim was validation for Kim.
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    The Reds here would favor an economic crash and world nuclear annihilation, if that’s what it takes to get rid of President Trump. And they wonder why they can’t win elections.
    Yup, we refused to accept any help from the Russians.

Some facts...

Theres no legitimacy to the fear that Kim is going be the new world playboy.

The best way to help the people of NK, remove the threat to SK, and possibly avoid a few stray nukes flying is through negotiation.

Negotiable is better than war.

The path to negotiation runs through Kim on the NK side.
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

Some facts...

Theres no legitimacy to the fear that Kim is going be the new world playboy.

The best way to help the people of NK, remove the threat to SK, and possibly avoid a few stray nukes flying is through negotiation.

Negotiable is better than war.

The path to negotiation runs through Kim on the NK side.
    I especially like #2! Kim has a million man army, what does SK have if Trump takes away the US troops and the Nuclear shield, as he's hinting at, away? Kim wouldn't need nukes.

Round one, setting the stage. Trump is the master, 3d chess while our forum libs are playing checkers..

Obama never got this far in 8 years, in fact never even tried.

Trump got this mess from obama, bush and clinton, they all just kissed NK butkis.

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    I especially like #2! Kim has a million man army, what does SK have if Trump takes away the US troops and the Nuclear shield, as he's hinting at, away? Kim wouldn't need nukes.
    Military experts have already told us that nukes won’t stop NK from annihilating Seoul. The only way to remove the NK threat is through negotiation.
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

Military experts have already told us that nukes won’t stop NK from annihilating Seoul. The only way to remove the NK threat is through negotiation.
    Yr thoughts on pulling out of JCPOA?

It looks like China knew about Trump stopping war games before the US military or South Korea did.

http://www.businessinsider.com/china...rce=reddit.com

And Trump doesn't have the ability to negotiate. All Kim has to do is compliment Trump and Trump is putty in his hands. Did that at the recent meeting saying he trusted Trump and visa versa. Both are lying through their teeth for a sound bite. More than 1/2 of Americans don't think he's honest or truthful. Just look at the number of lies he's told the American people before he was anointed Dictator.

If you, or anyone, thinks South Korea doesn’t have its own capable and fierce fighting force, you are sorely uninformed. They have had mandatory military service for decades.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

If you, or anyone, thinks South Korea doesn’t have its own capable and fierce fighting force, you are sorely uninformed. They have had mandatory military service for decades.
    US takes the nuclear capability and the US troops away, how many troops does SK have mdh. You're also forgetting China but, I guess you would.

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

I predict all forum libs will go bat choot crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    I predict all forum libs will go bat choot crazy.
    Sorry, Bellevue is already booked with Trump supporters

I predict lebron james will not go to the white house.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    I predict lebron james will not go to the white house.
    He's already said he wouldn't. I tend to believe him more than I believe Trump.

Ne thing I noticed with this agreement Kim and Trump signed, there was no mention of a time frame either one proposed. Kim can take his time fulfilling anything on this agreement as long as he wants to. Trump can't; war games are set for August from what I've read, he either has to stop them or keep them as is. Oh, what is the poor munchkin going to do?

Vintage Trump. More lip-flapping than substance --

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-say...125017504.html

While there may be doubts about the substance of Trump’s summit with Kim, there can be no questioning the style. A showman unlike any other on the stage of global diplomacy, Trump has previously delighted in the “ratings” generated by his dealings with North Korea. The Singapore summit was Trump’s biggest spectacle yet with, punctuated by the former professional basketball player Dennis Rodman descending on the tropical setting to witness the astonishing event. According to the White House press pool, during his chats with Trump, Kim was overheard by reporters marveling to Trump about how stunned the world would be to see America’s celebrity president alongside the world’s most infamous dictator.

While the joint statement praised the meeting as “an epochal event of great significance” and Trump allies credited the president with a diplomatic masterstroke, some experts on the volatile region had clear misgivings the summit didn’t yield more substantive results. North Korea’s promise to eliminate its nuclear arsenal did not include a commitment to verifiable, irreversible denuclearization — the standard enunciated by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo before the meeting — nor any explicit agreements about exactly what would be destroyed and how the process could be monitored.

Speaking on CNN shortly after the agreement was unveiled, Joseph Yun, who served as the United States Special Representative for North Korea Policy during the first fourteen months of Trump’s presidency, said he was “disappointed” about the results of the talks.

“For Kim Jong Un, success was buying time, keeping his weapons for now, making sure others eased on sanctions. For President Trump, success was getting something concrete on denuclearization,” said Yun. “And we’re just not there. … I don’t see it from the outcome paper.”
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

The Reds here would favor an economic crash and world nuclear annihilation, if that’s what it takes to get rid of President Trump.
    This sort of strawman argument is both ridiculous and offensive. If you can’t argue on any actual facts, couldn’t you at least try to be more entertaining about it? Do it in rhyming couplets or something, so it at least looks like you put some effort into it. Otherwise, this sort of spittle-flecked bombast mostly just gets ignored by intelligent people.

Quote Originally Posted by James McMullen View Post
    This sort of strawman argument is both ridiculous and offensive. If you can’t argue on any actual facts, couldn’t you at least try to be more entertaining about it? Do it in rhyming couplets or something, so it at least looks like you put some effort into it. Otherwise, this sort of spittle-flecked bombast mostly just gets ignored by intelligent people.
    Dang and those flecks, I thought the flies left them on my computer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by James McMullen View Post
    It’s obvious. It’s not even camouflaged, anymore.

It’s obvious. It’s not even camouflaged, anymore.
    No it isn't! Why does Trump love and admire Dictators so much?

Ne thing I noticed with this agreement Kim and Trump signed, there was no mention of a time frame either one proposed. Kim can take his time fulfilling anything on this agreement as long as he wants to. Trump can't; war games are set for August from what I've read, he either has to stop them or keep them as is. Oh, what is the poor munchkin going to do?
    The US/South Korea joint military exercises have often been rescheduling to promote the peace process in Korea. In fact they were cancelled twice during the Clinton Administration.

Of all the concessions we could offer Kim Jong, suspending an annual military training exercise is of little consequence. It costs the US nothing and improves the chance something useful might happen this time.

Of all the concessions we could offer Kim Jong, suspending an annual military training exercise is of little consequence. It costs the US nothing and improves the chance something useful might happen this time.
    I agree. Saves us money, actually. It's more symbolic than anything.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman