Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction how it will play out between Kim/Trump

Default Re: Prediction how it will play out between Kim/Trump

Trmp has elevated Kim to world leader status, something all the past Presidents were careful to avoid.

No doubt in my mind that Trmp has no idea about it.
    Greg H. - from before the great crash, 20th century member 108

"Trump and Cohen are the kids that murdered their parents, and now plead for mercy from the court because they're traumatized orphans."

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Bay View Post
    Trmp has elevated Kim to world leader status, something all the past Presidents were careful to avoid.

No doubt in my mind that Trmp has no idea about it.
    You people are never happy. A few months ago you were ranting on about the possibility of President Trump starting a war, with nukes too. Not a single previous president has done anything to stop the escalation of NK and its massive military program. So what is your answer? Bitch, Bitch and more Bitching daily and accomplishing nothing of substance as you constantly complain about everything in life and your surroundings here. Politics has you crowd bottled up in hate to just about everyone in the outside world. Pretty sad really,,

Kim has everything to loose if he did not come to the table in this point in time. President Trump was the only U.S. president to actually confront him with serious threats without giving him money. He is young and so if he wishes to hold on to his power for the long haul, shooting rockets off in and around other nations is not the successful method to possibly stay alive and in power for the long haul. Its is my belief that President Trump weighed the people of NK into the decision to act in serious manner.
    Last edited by erster; 06-11-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    Happy trails to you.

no need to predict how it started!

And Leftys here in the Bilge said it could never happen!... Trumpy winning the election that is!

Willful Ignorance!

Danny, that pic will not make you or your lads vote for Trump when you were wavering, not make anyone vote for him who thinks he is a putz.

But it cements Trump's view of himself, which is why he is there in the first place.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Danny, that pic will not make you or your lads vote for Trump when you were wavering, not make anyone vote for him who thinks he is a putz.

But it cements Trump's view of himself, which is why he is there in the first place.
    what's the matter? nervous? think I hear Trumpys poll numbers steadily clicking upward as we type...

No-bel! No-bel! No-bel!
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Greg H. - from before the great crash, 20th century member 108

"Trump and Cohen are the kids that murdered their parents, and now plead for mercy from the court because they're traumatized orphans."

I’m sorry guys. It turned out pretty good.

History made, and even if nothing else happens this time, it’s the best start in decades.
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

Ex-CIA official: Seeing the U.S. flag used as backdrop for Kim is 'disgusting'

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...e-north-korean

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    I think every tin pot dictator in the world took a lesson from what happened to Sadam when he should have had WMD but didn't. If he's had a nuclear weapon or two he'd still be alive and leader of Iraq.

I suspect Kim noticed too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    I'm sorry Peter but if he can hit Japan or Sidney with a nuke he is a modern stalin, no longer tin pot.
    So why would he give that up and leave himself open to Sadam's or Giddafi's fate? Sadam was even the US's best friend in the ME until GWB blamed him for Osama Bin Laden's crimes.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post

History made, and even if nothing else happens this time, it’s the best start in decades.
    You have no justification for your claim that this is the best start in decades. It may well be the worst. Time will tell.
    Frankly, I resent our president schmoozing with a murderous despot.
    Kim has 4,000 years of Korean diplomacy behind him.
    Drumpf has the diplomatic skills of a potato.

I think every tin pot dictator in the world took a lesson from what happened to Sadam when he should have had WMD but didn't. If he's had a nuclear weapon or two he'd still be alive and leader of Iraq.

I suspect Kim noticed too.
    There's another lesson there for dictators or any other country....... Don't trust the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    I'm sorry Peter but if he can hit Japan or Sidney with a nuke he is a modern stalin, no longer tin pot.
    So why would he give that up and leave himself open to Sadam's or Giddafi's fate? Sadam was even the US's best friend in the ME until GWB blamed him for Osama Bin Laden's crimes.
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    You have no justification for your claim that this is the best start in decades. It may well be the worst. Time will tell.
    It is unsettling seeing a mass murderous guy get that kind of access simply for demonstrating to the USA that he could nuke Alaska.
    Great to end the Korean war, but what a precedent! The highest possible audience, from a threat.
    Everyman carries within himself a world made up of all that he has seen and loved; and it is to this world that he returns incessantly, though he may pass through, and seem to inhabit, a world quite foreign to it.
    Chateau-Briand, Voyage en Italie.

All Kim's dreams come true. He just did what his father and grandfather couldn't do, sit with a US President. This elevates him to a world leader and his people will love him all the more for it. Nothing will come of it. And Kim gets the added bonus of saying "Ok, I'm done," and making the first exit, leaving SFB standing there to have his picture taken. Which, in the end, was all this was about in the first place.
    Nosce te ipsum

You can only hope Glen.

I’m all for it if it helps end the repression of the NK people, bring them into the modern world, and removes the looming threat over SK. You can stick to your belief that the status quo is okay.

Kim has mastered 4000 years of generic memory, all the field of diplomacy. Amazing. I thought Asians were good at math, but this is incredible!
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    All Kim's dreams come true. He just did what his father and grandfather couldn't do, sit with a US President.
    Uh, I’m guessing former presidents don’t count?

?Attachment 17528

Former U.S. President Bill Clinton meets with North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, seated right, in Pyonggyang, North Korea, on Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2009.

Uh, I’m guessing former presidents don’t count?

?Attachment 17528

Former U.S. President Bill Clinton meets with North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, seated right, in Pyonggyang, North Korea, on Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2009.
    No, they don't. A sitting US President can set policy, a former US President can shake hands and smile for the camera.
    Nosce te ipsum

Live on BBC an announcement in front of press all set up. There was a bit of jostling among the press and Nth Korean security that a few members of the press didn't take kindly to.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-44411114
    If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question

They walk in. Trump says they are sighing a very important document, a very comprehensive document. They will be handing the document out a bit later. Trump will hold a press conference later today.
    Kim said. we are leaving the past behind, from now things will be different. He then thanked Pres Trump.

Trump then thanks those involved, they signed the document.
    Thanked Kim and said more was achieved than both parties had hoped for.

No details given at the signing.
    If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question

Much the same agreement as that with 2005 only less, and ignored since.

Now Kimmy gets credibility, maybe more than Donald himself, the US? not much. But if he can pull it off he'll win a second term.

"Working Toward" doesn't mean a lot but we'll see.

The only new thing is that the US can have their dead military back.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Much the same agreement as that with Clinton, and ignored since.

Now Kimmy gets credibility, maybe more than Donald himself. But if he can pull it off he'll win a second term.

"Working Toward" doesn't mean a lot but we'll see.

The only new thing is that the US can have their dead military back.
    Kim 1
    Trump 0

We'll see what those who know say.
    Grateful Dead

A President who can't get on at all with Merkel, May, Trudeau or Macron but, hey, he has a real pal there in North Korea!!

Rick

They see the world through a similar lens .
    Grateful Dead

Kim 1
    Trump 0

We'll see what those who know say.
    Waiting to see what ‘those who know say’ didn’t stop you from scoring the players already.

We we should be more concerned with the well-being of the North Korean people than trying to figure out who won the summit-bowl.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Waiting to see what ‘those who know say’ didn’t stop you from scoring the players already.

We we should be more concerned with the well-being of the North Korean people than trying to figure out who won the summit-bowl.
    And of course you think Trump cares about that Brian!

*sigh* So much ignorance of history. Try googling a little... like the previous summits with North Korea, involving the US and South Korea... see what those summits produced, in terms of actual, concrete, and specific 'agreements' which NK ignored (and compare them to the utterly NON-specific summit yesterday). Then read about how they turned out.

Sorry, but this Trump-delusion is going to be powerful, and the Trumpistas aren't going to ever acknowledge that Trump got played by Kim like a cheap fiddle.... Trump just gave Kim status and recognition as a world power, and he's gotten absolutely nothing in return. Trump has even given Kim assurances that joint military exercises between the US and NK would stop... something Kim clearly wanted.....

...and what did the US get?

Trump got used.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Listening to the news, North Korea promised to do nothing it hasn't promised before, Trump promised to quit "war games" Republicans are talking about the "hope and change thingy" you can't make this crap up. Trump legitimizes Kim is today's headline, Kim just took Trump to school, all Trump got was a photo.

The photo was the key objective, for each of them.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Forget the substance, it's all about perception.
    But I perceive that Trump got played from the beginning.

Sorry, sadistic, self hating Reds are at it this morning. Kim got a handshake and a picture, we got three hostages back. Kim’s not shooting any missiles, nor is there any evidence that he is trying to rebuild damaged pads. Kim took a tour of Singapore to see what all they have, and he doesn’t. North Korea is a shambles, Kim has no power outside his country, he gets what he gets at the behest of Russia and China. The optics and the aura of these negotiations are much better than ever before. Trump gave him nothing, no money, no relief, just an opportunity; and i fully expect it’ll stay that way until real reform is assured. Trump’s not looking for self promotion. He’s doing his job. He wants nuclear missiles out of North Korea and Iran, and so far, is on a better path to achieving that end, than any that have gone before him.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

A case of break through or crash and burn I reckon mdh.

Fascinating.

So let me get this straight... Trump, the liberal described bumbling international buffoon who no important foreign leader respects, now has the power to give street credibility to Kim by meeting him in Singapore.

Please tell us wise ones, what country just leaned forward and said “Damn, Kim is legit now.”

Ours did Brian....