Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567 LastLast

Thread: Prediction how it will play out between Kim/Trump

Default Re: Prediction how it will play out between Kim/Trump

Didn't Donald tear up his notes?………………...

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with it for a few reasons.

Cancelling or postponing the joint exercises has a long history and has been used before to help unite the two Koreas.

Cancelling or postponing the joint exercises occasionally will have little effect on US/SK military readiness.

Cancelling or postponing the joint exercises is easy, cost free, and a gracious first move on our part. Which hopefully will lead to more negotiations.

Cancelling or postponing the joint exercises can easily be reversed if a bit of 'bad cop' is needed down the road.

Finally, what sort of air play the North Korean media gets from the cancelling or postponing the joint exercises is not important. They deliver news to North Koreans. Depending on the North Korean, they either drink the kool-aid, or they know any news from NK news media is nothing more than propaganda.
    And did the cancelation of the WAR GAMES as klutz calls them brink about a united Korea, No, none of them did. This is just a concession to Kimmy and the NKorean Newspapers are blaring it all over North Korea while Kimmy laughs with China and Russia. And about this verification of Kimmy's nuclear missile capabilities and the destruction as such. No plan on how to do that, who is in charge. Is Kim going to send him a photo of a building blowing up and say, here ya go Trump and here's a picture to prove it. Oh, and Trump said the Iranian Deal was no good! WHEEEE!

I see the next crisis in Korea being refugees, unwilling to wait for improvement in their own country, heading north and south.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

I doubt the Chinese will open their border, so it'll be a different kind of invasion of the Sth. if that border is opened, and its the North that has kept it closed.

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    I see the next crisis in Korea being refugees, unwilling to wait for improvement in their own country, heading north and south.
    They won't go anywhere. Kim has made it clear that HIS dynasty remain in power, Trump has guaranteed his safety, how I have no idea, Kim will still be in charge of the media, anyone released which I sincerely doubt will not be in the news. In other words, you're wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    I doubt the Chinese will open their border, so it'll be a different kind of invasion of the Sth. if that border is opened, and its the North that has kept it closed.
    Going to be quite the challenge!

Hopefully offset somewhat by the economic opportunities in South Korea of providing North Korea goods and technology. Once they can afford it of course.
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

So, I'm so thrilled that Trump has chosen an Ambassador to South Korea. A bit like the cart leading the horse but, his admin is in such chaos most of the time, I guess picking one finally, slipped through the cracks. I feel sorry for the guy he picked if he actually accepted the position. Of course, I could just say "It's about time!"

I love it the Republicans mocked liberals about hope and change, now there embracing it, you just can't make this stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    I love it the Republicans mocked liberals about hope and change, now there embracing it, you just can't make this stuff up.
    That's exactly what I was thinking about the refusal of liberals to embrace this latest negotiations with North Korea.
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    Should replay Sean Hannity when Obama said he'd meet the leader of N Korea, he'd meet anyone. Now Sean is genuflecting like mad as if his Messiah has just walked through the door.

The only threat North Korea poses is to North Koreans.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

I gotta say, I'm with Bdub. IF human right was what you're looking to champion, how was the status quo achieving that goal? Trump my fall flat on his face and start a war, but the truth is, he's the closet to peace we've been in half a century. I'm expecting this will flop but I'm rooting for Trump to pull this off in his own crazy ignorant way.

He's still a criminal and traitor in my eyes but even broken clocks are right twice a day.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

That's exactly what I was thinking about the refusal of liberals to embrace this latest negotiations with North Korea.
    If it was being run by someone else I would have some hope for change, Trump is a con man Trump U showed us that if you or I had run a scam like that we would be in prison. The lame part is Trump got less than Clinton, Trump got an agreement that said nothing and some supposed verbal promises, het got OK Donald I pledge to de nuke nothing more, no promises to verify, no promises for inspections, nothing on civil rights.
    What Trump gave him is legitimate leader status, we won't try to end your dictatorship, China is now proposing lifting sanctions on north korea to the UN security council, it might just happen after Trump's treatment of the G7 and his walking away from the Iran deal.

Hmm, Scenario 2.
    Peace treaty signed between Nth and Sth. US pulls out of Korean peninsula. China guarantees the North's coverage under it's nuke umbrella. And finances their rapid development into an industrial powerhouse. Undercuts the Sth. And the US, having lost effective control in the Sth China sea also loses it's military access to Sth Korea as China expands it's sphere of influence and withdraws to Japan. Maybe the Japanese get a little nervous…….?
    and so on…………..

Hmm, Scenario 2.
    Peace treaty signed between Nth and Sth. US pulls out of Korean peninsula. China guarantees the North's coverage under it's nuke umbrella. And finances their rapid development into an industrial powerhouse. Undercuts the Sth. And the US, having lost effective control in the Sth China sea also loses it's military access to Sth Korea as China expands it's sphere of influence and withdraws to Japan. Maybe the Japanese get a little nervous…….?
    and so on…………..
    Not an unlikely senario but one of many. Who was it who said
    don't let absence of 'perfect' blind you to the advantages of 'good'.
    ?
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Hmm, Scenario 2.
    and so on…………..
    First off, China is well on their way to controlling the South China Sea with their island building and the take over of the Spratly Islands. They don't need North Korea to reach that goal.

Second, are we willing to let the North Korean people suffer in order to maintain our right of naval passage?

Third, why does the US pull out of South Korea completely?

Fourth, there's no way to stop China from controlling North Korea right now. Even with US troops in South Korea, your scenario can happen tomorrow.

You so want to support trump. Didn’t know you were so flexible.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    sounds more like Mc Mike is supporting the potential for Peace rather than supporting Trumpy... you'd think that would be something we could all celebrate?

Awhile ago parents were shoving their kids down sewers in hawaii..

Now they are talking.

And libs are sore.

Trump just makes more noise than his predecessors.

Rick

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

It appears to be skimmed over that Trump has declared that the USA has been the bad guy all the time.
    I'm sure that will be useful for his future 'deals' to build condo's on NK beaches, but it undermines existing US policy and makes life hard for furture US administrations to manage the area.

The man should never have been given that job.
    "People should be able to access these benefits [Social Welfare] as a matter of right, with no more loss of their own standards of self-respect than would be involved in collecting from an insurance company the proceeds of an endowment policy on which they have been paying premiums for years."
    Robert Menzies - Liberal Party (Conservative) Prime Minister of Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    I'm sure that will be useful for his future 'deals' to build condo's on NK beaches, but it undermines existing US policy and makes life hard for furture US administrations to manage the area.
    Yeah, if peace breaks out, it's gonna be tough for the next President. Best to stick with existing US policy of loading the DMZ with troops and waiting for the North Korean big guns to wipe out Seoul and the surrounding 25 million people. All the while another 25 million in North Korea live in ignorant squalor.
    Last edited by BrianW; 06-13-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    That really is the crux for some. I can't think if an issue to date which has made it more clear.

Imagine the squealing from Trump supporters and the rest of the gun nuts if Obama had agreed to withdraw US troops from Sth Korea or even considered the idea. How funny it is to see the mad right supporting agreements with and cuddling up to a (supposedly) ultra-left Stalinist!

But don't get too excited - it's really all just noise; attention-seeking behaviour.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Imagine the squealing from Trump supporters and the rest of the gun nuts if Obama had agreed to withdraw US troops from Sth Korea or even considered the idea.
    True, it would reek of the same 'partisan before peace' rhetoric we get now from liberals. It's just like you imagine except it's real now.

BTW, removal of US troops from South Korea is something Trump has talked about in the past, but it was not part of the conversation with Kim in Singapore. So until that hits the bargaining table, it's fluff.

How funny it is to see the mad right supporting agreements with and cuddling up to a (supposedly) ultra-left Stalinist!
    If it's funny, it's funny with a positive bent. Anyone who wishes to improve the SK/NK situation is going to have to talk nice to Kim. What's also funny, but in a negative way, is the American lefts desire to see the process fail.

Both funny, but one funny could lead to peace, the other to a status quo.

Imagine the squealing from Trump supporters and the rest of the gun nuts if Obama had agreed to withdraw US troops from Sth Korea or even considered the idea. How funny it is to see the mad right supporting agreements with and cuddling up to a (supposedly) ultra-left Stalinist!

But don't get too excited - it's really all just noise; attention-seeking behaviour.

Rick
    Imagine the squealing if O'Bama had decided to have a cup of coffee.
    Rattling the teacups.

True, it would reek of the same 'partisan before peace' rhetoric we get now from liberals. It's just like you imagine except it's real now.

BTW, removal of US troops from South Korea is something Trump has talked about in the past, but it was not part of the conversation with Kim in Singapore. So until that hits the bargaining table, it's fluff.

If it's funny, it's funny with a positive bent. Anyone who wishes to improve the SK/NK situation is going to have to talk nice to Kim. What's also funny, but in a negative way, is the American lefts desire to see the process fail.

Both funny, but one funny could lead to peace, the other to a status quo.
    The truth is that it's all fluff! Also funny how dealing sensibly with Iran is a form of weakness but being nice to Mr Un is a clever, pragmatic strategy. The truth is that Trump will achieve SFA in Korea, sadly, and also in Iran. I also think it's about time that you Trump disciples came up with something other than suggesting that those of us who actually have affection for the real American dream, or the potential of America, at least, are wanting to see the US fail. The simple fact is that a minority of you have elected a total FWIT narcissist who really is doing enormous damage and, at least some of us, don't want to see that damage done. So yes, we'll be happy if Trump disappears sooner rather than later! For the record, if, by some miracle, Mr Un either changes his ways or is flushed away by his long-suffering slaves, then I, for one, will be very happy indeed and very willing to give credit wherever it's due. But I don't see Trump as anything like a positive influence in Korea or anywhere else.

A fairly prominent commentator here said, some years ago, that in Trump, the US finally have a president who behaves like an American. I think that was a very unfair comment. I've known some pretty obnoxious Americans but they're very much in the minority, in my experience. I've never actually met an American who behaved as badly as Trump does. He seems to have no redeeming features at all!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Imagine the squealing if O'Bama had decided to have a cup of coffee.
    True! In fact, we don't even need to imagine - we just need to remember!

Rick

He's still a criminal and traitor in my eyes but even broken clocks are right twice a day.
    He almost inadvertantly made a righteous pardon a while back. That's not right twice a day. That's once. By mistake; he forgot to be evil and totally unempathetic about it, and a good thing happened anyway.

So you think he's a crook and a traitor, a capital crime, but you think he'll pull off peace on the Korean peninsula? Because he's gonna get lucky, because he's trmp? Because he's just so damn good at making deals?

Even if trmp, at the so-called summit, was a taxidermied lump of sawdust in a stretched-too-tight orange pelt, and never said a single word or blinked or even stood to shake hands, it would've been a better 'deal' for the U.S. and anyone downwind of PyongYang.

Because Kim.

[Rant, not at anyone here in particular.] And his last name is not Un. It isn't mister Un. Kim. Like Kim Il Sung and Kim Jung Il. [/rant]

That makes generations of smart, getting away with it smart, better than trmp smart by orders of magnitude, just like with his idol Vlad. I would love to be a fly on the wall at Kim's after the meeting. Can you just imagine what a hoot they are all having not getting aced with an anti-aircraft gun and laughing, laughing all the while about 'little rocket man' schooling the SFB-in-chief.

Right twice a day? Pick a day. You can have this one, so pick any other day that he's right about anything, and I'll concede there may be peace and a unified Korea advancing through the ages due to trmp's statesmanship.

Listen. You can still hear them chortling in Korean. 'Stupid Americans. It's a wonder they can find the supermarket without a smart phone. Are they all like that? How come we're not invading already?'
    I don't care to know what the tough do when the going gets tough.

I am interested in what the enlightened do.

Actually, i have some sympathy for Pompeo regarding his Mr Un faux pas. Anyone who's worked in East Asia will know why.

Rick

Actually, i have some sympathy for Pompeo regarding his Mr Un faux pas. Anyone who's worked in East Asia will know why.
    The new SOS, and former head of the CIA, and former U.S. representative from Kansas, graduate of the U.S. military academy, and infantry Captain—is who got the name thing backwards? It's worse than I had supposed...

"First as a private citizen and then as a member of Congress, and even today, the Heritage Foundation has shaped my thinking on matters of the world and public policy issues."
    No wonder. Sympathy isn't on my radar for the trmpreytenders.
    I don't care to know what the tough do when the going gets tough.

I am interested in what the enlightened do.

Understandable. But t's not so much any difficulty in us getting nomenclature close to acceptable there, it's more the variety of names we get from translators there ..... Can be very funny!

Rick