Thread: Pennsylvania 8th Graders Get Bullet Proof Backpack Plates as Graduation Gifts

Default Pennsylvania 8th Graders Get Bullet Proof Backpack Plates as Graduation Gifts

Last edited by Hallam; 06-08-2018 at 04:21 AM.
    If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question

Default Re: Pennsylvania 8th Graders Get Bullet Proof Backpack Plates as Graduation Gifts

One hopes the donor has personally tested each one

Default Re: Pennsylvania 8th Graders Get Bullet Proof Backpack Plates as Graduation Gifts

Quote Originally Posted by David W Pratt View Post
    One hopes the donor has personally tested each one
    Why? While it is an overreaction, the motive seems good.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Why? While it is an overreaction, the motive seems good.
    Really? Heading to high school is tough enough for many kids without spending the summer worrying about why they might need these disgusting things.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44411208

In Massachusetts, a class of five-year-olds are learning this rhyme - set to the lullaby "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" - so they know what to do during a school shooting.
    Parent Georgy Cohen spotted the poem taped to a classroom chalkboard at the school in the city of Somerville.
    She posted a picture online, writing: "This should not be hanging in my soon-to-be-kindergartener's classroom."

The rhyme, which is written in brightly coloured pen and illustrated with cartoons, reads in full:
    "Lockdown, lockdown, Lock the door
    "Shut the lights off, Say no more
    "Go behind the desk and hide
    "Wait until it's safe inside
    "Lockdown, lockdown it's all done
    "Now it's time to have some fun!"

Sick. Very, very sick.

When I saw that pic I thought of myself at that stage of life, and the carefree joy of childhood. That should be every childs birthright and was presumed to be in developed nations. To see this situation in the USA is a tragedy beyond description for these children. It is an indication of something deeply amiss with the American way of life that the gun culture has been allowed to come to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Really? Heading to high school is tough enough for many kids without spending the summer worrying about why they might need these disgusting things.
    Parents need to neutralize some of that, but it also serves to shame the adults and that is a good thing.

"Now be sure to cover your vitals when the shooting starts, and always remember to be ready for a second impact. Hold your shield tight, and don't lower it after you stop that first bullet."

What a miserable failing.
    Nosce te ipsum

So you are telling these children that they can expect to be shot at at some time during their high school years and they should be ready at all times………………………..

Not much joy at receiving a gift on those faces is there?

Hell of a society you got there……… a real hell.

Burlington, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.

I am so thankful for where I live.
    Stay calm, be brave....wait for the signs. Possibly precariously prevaricating.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McMahon View Post
    I am so thankful for where I live.
    You are kidding yourself.