Thread: WoodenBoat Festival and Viking Days at Mystic 2018

Default WoodenBoat Festival and Viking Days at Mystic 2018

Will be heading for Mystic next week with my Afjordsfaering in tow as I'm involved setting up a mini viking style fleet for the Viking style festival. We will have 4 faerings, mine, a Sognebat, one from Nordlands and an Oselvar. Mine will be there for the following weekend at the WoodenBoat show. Who is going to both? To one or the other?
    Ben Fuller
    Ran Tan, Liten Kuhling, Tipsy, Tippy, Josef W., Merry Mouth, Imp, Macavity, Look Far, Flash and a quiver of other 'yaks.
    "Bound fast is boatless man."

Default Re: WoodenBoat Festival and Viking Days at Mystic 2018

Might one anticipate the consumption of a fair amount of mead, or at least a good local beer?

I will be at Mystic Saturday for the Viking days and am looking forward to the faerings. After months on the waiting list, I got into the Faering building course at the Wooden Boat school in ME. Jay Smith is teaching the course. Will leave for ME Sunday morning and miss the wood boat show for the first time in a long time, but I am sure that it will be worth it.
    Fred

Which boat was up on the deck near the new exhibit building? Approx a 25 footer. --Wade

Quote Originally Posted by wtarzia View Post
    Which boat was up on the deck near the new exhibit building? Approx a 25 footer. --Wade
    That apparently was a 'model' of the Draken, must have been 25% of the size of the actual, big enough to be used.
    Ben Fuller
    Ran Tan, Liten Kuhling, Tipsy, Tippy, Josef W., Merry Mouth, Imp, Macavity, Look Far, Flash and a quiver of other 'yaks.
    "Bound fast is boatless man."