Thread: Stimson Bow roof shelTERl

Default Stimson Bow roof shelTERl

I had the good fortune to finish my Pogo under one (WB #257). (I hope to post some pics soon.)

The shed must come down. I would like to give it to a fellow forumite who can take it down and drive it away. I do not believe one can find a more cost effective space.

Thanks..

_Harry Hammond

508 685-0878

Default Re: Stimson Bow roof shelTERl

DiMeNsIoNs of the shelTER?

Seriously, tho.... good on yer for passing it along.

A clumsy, quickly rendered post, and I apologize. Shoulda spended a little more time on it.

The shed is in Marstons Mills, on Cape Cod... measures 16' wide, and 32 ' long....approx 14' from ground to peak. Bows are 4' apart. There is plenty of room either side to work on an 8' beam vessel. Rugged enough to stand up to a couple of Nor' easters here, and snows that come with such storms. I fastened this last enclosure with drywall screws and 8d nails....greenhouse poly is an ideal covering, with its UV resistance.

With a tip or two from Mr. Stimson, it easy handled turning over a 2500 lb hull, using some beefed up-collar ties and chain hoist, etc.

Dang! Why must I be so far away? It is just the right size for the sailboat I have, and plan to restore/remodel. Oh, well; I hope that it goes to a good home. Good on you for being so generous.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Dang! Why must I be so far away? It is just the right size for the sailboat I have, and plan to restore/remodel. Oh, well; I hope that it goes to a good home. Good on you for being so generous.
    Nice to see you here Michael. Would love to see it serve you. YOU have been a generous contributor on the forum, and have personally answered some questions I have put to you from the early days of my build. Most helpful.

Thanks a lot.

_Harry

Thanks for saying that, Harry, but I confess that I have been cranky here lately, down in the bilge. I'm working on trying to get better...

I'm sending this to a friend who was just asking me about my old shed....
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

I haven't kept pace with news here on the forum....are you not well Michael?

That too, Harry. Recovering from kidney stone removal surgery; healing, but not fast enough. It is springtime, I have stuff to do, and all I can do is sit here and bitch and moan on an internet forum. I am frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Thanks for saying that, Harry, but I confess that I have been cranky here lately, down in the bilge. I'm working on trying to get better...
    You, cranky...I hadn’t noticed.
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

I totally identify. I won't bore you with my similar surgical woes, but I find it tough just not being able to DO, period.

You will continue to offer help here on the forum, as always, and that's a plus.