• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oznabrag
    Historical Illiterate
    • Nov 2008

Re: The 2017-present Special Counsel investigation

Originally posted by Rum_Pirate
    I was giving you the benefit of doubt regarding your ability of capitalization and typos.

Would hate for you to be banned for that.
    Choose any 1,000 of my posts, and you might actually find a typo.
    Rattling the teacups.

Comment

• Glen Longino
      • Jun 2008

Who started this thread anyhow?
      I must research!
      Ooops...Rum Pirate! I can scarcely believe my eyes.
      The chronic Anti-American Red from the small island in the middle of nowhere wants us to hurry up and drop this important, nay, Critical, investigation of Gangsters, Traitors, Bushwhackers, and Moral Deviants!
      Is anyone else as shocked as I am?

Comment

• Glen Longino
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by oznabrag
        Choose any 1,000 of my posts, and you might actually find a typo.
        I think you spelled Amarillo "armadillo" once, or was I sipping Tequila and simply misread it?
        Furthermore, why would a man with Rum's screwed up world view challenge anyone's typing?
        Hell, if the man spent a fraction of his time, he could likely become more LIBERAL and more SANE and more HUMANITARIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Good to be back here, ain't it, John?

Comment

• oznabrag
          Historical Illiterate
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Glen Longino
          I must research!
          The chronic Anti-American Red from the small island in the middle of nowhere wants us to hurry up and drop this important, nay, Critical, investigation of Gangsters, Traitors, Bushwhackers, and Moral Deviants!
          No.

I think you spelled Amarillo "armadillo" once, or was I sipping Tequila and simply misread it?
          Furthermore, why would a man with Rum's screwed up world view challenge anyone's typing?
          Hell, if the man spent a fraction of his time, he could likely become more LIBERAL and more SANE and more HUMANITARIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Yes.

Rattling the teacups.

Comment

• LeeG
            • May 2002

damn good to have you guys back.

Comment

• Keith Wilson
              Trying to be reasonable
              • Oct 1999

Man, I missed youse guys. Give 'em hell!
              "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
              for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Comment

• LeeG
                • May 2002

Let’s see, the Benghazi attack took a few hours to occur and the GOP says ten investigations over six years is not enough.

But discovering the depth of the presidents financial conflicts and Russian influence in the electoral process should be over by now.

Whay kind of priorities do they have?

Comment

• oznabrag
                  Historical Illiterate
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by LeeG
                  Let’s see, the Benghazi attack took a few hours to occur and the GOP says ten investigations over six years is not enough.

But discovering the depth of the presidents financial conflicts and Russian influence in the electoral process should be over by now.

Whay kind of priorities do they have?
                  Their priorities are to destroy the US Constitution, loot the Treasury, and cede control of the US to Solntsevskaya Bratva.

Rattling the teacups.

Comment

• Rum_Pirate
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2007

I must research!

Yes, I started it asking the simple question "When is the 2017-present Special Counsel investigation, going to result in criminal charges being levied against Mr Trump?". I never implied that the investigation should be stopped.

Having just returned from an extended 'vacation' from the Forum, I trust you have also fully recovered from your health issues.

Sadly you still carry on with your incorrect derogatory description of me.

The 'Fake News'/information (apart from the 'small island') that you continue to
                    push and repeat about me personally, hopefully does not impact your health in shocking you with the stress of doing so.

One hopes that you may have had and used the time to consider your actions to make a change to avoid a reoccurrence of your enforced absence.

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
                      Ancient Mariner
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by AlanMc
                      i doubt they ever come up with charges on trump. but that's really not the goal of the investigation.
                      Teflon Donald!

Comment

• Rum_Pirate
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2007

Having just returned from an extended 'vacation' from the Forum, I trust you have also fully recovered from your health issues.

Sadly you still carry on with your incorrect derogatory descriptions of and about me.

One hopes that one may have had and used the time to consider one's actions to make a change to avoid a reoccurrence of one's enforced absence.

Hint: Attacking people results in one being banned - but I suspect that you know this!

Trust your continued personal offensive onslaughts will end to allow you a long presence on the forum.

As to onzabrag, I did not challenge his typing, I gave onzabrag the benefit of the doubt on a potential typo. Perhaps you overlooked that post in your haste to criticize me.

May you have an enjoyable day.

Comment

• Ian McColgin
                          • Apr 1999

Charging a sitting president with a crime presents interesting and unresolved constitutional issues.

The courts allowed a civil suit to go forward against President Clinton, but two things are different now:

The current president is not a budget balancing Democrat and the court is more emphatically ideological; and

There's a world of difference between adjusting a civil suit's schedule to the needs of the presidency and dealing with the distraction a criminal trial would cause a golfing president.

In general, the remedy for a president committing crimes is impeachment. A former president can absolutely be indicted and tried in a competent criminal court after impeachment. But can the impeachment process be short circuited by a criminal trial? Almost certainly not for crimes that could be impeachable offences. The constitution gives a time sequence for that.

But what about crimes not necessarily impeachable but criminal non-the-less? What about crimes that are not impeachable committed before the presidency? Or during?

For example, the complex mess we are learning about Trump's long standing relationship with Putin and his oligarchs included Trump's failing businesses being rescued by the cash flow from Russian criminal money laundering. This is a different matter from Trump's presidential campaign being rescued by Russian monies and hacking. Those are clearly impeachable crimes if probable cause is found by the House voting a bill of impeachment.

It is not proven yet whether Trump was a participant with criminal liability or just a fortunate dupe in either the old money laundering or the election manipulations. But if Trump was a participant in those crimes, can he be criminally prosecuted under federal and/or state law while sitting as president? Neither 'yes' nor 'no' is explicit in our constitution.

Good faith arguments can be made either way.

Comment

• Glen Longino
                            • Jun 2008

You're reaching, Rum!
                            I question your consistent right wing politics, not your person.
                            Stop trying to get me banned again, por favor!
                            It makes you look foolish!

Comment

• Rum_Pirate
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2007

You're reaching, Rum!
                              I question your consistent right wing politics, not your person.
                              Stop trying to get me banned again, por favor!
                              It makes you look foolish!

Read your posts about me again.

Banning is the result of one's own actions.

But you know that.

Be guided accordingly.

Have a great day.

Comment

• Jim Mahan
                                me 𑀩 thinking
                                • Mar 2006

Man, I missed youse guys. Give 'em hell!
                                You just can't help yourself, can you? You probably park by the train tracks and encourage the old guy with the walker to go ahead and try to make it across before the train comes, "C'mon, Pilgrim. Let's see a little hustle. Those train whistles always sound closer in the dark. You can make it!"

Comment

Working...