Thread: T-shirt weather, Lake Crescent - short video accelerating 25mph - 55mph in Rascal

Default T-shirt weather, Lake Crescent - short video accelerating 25mph - 55mph in Rascal

A short video in honor of finally being able to wear a T-shirt while boating. All winter long it's been fleece jackets, etc.

Did a couple of laps around Lake Crescent and recorded over 40min of video, but this is my favorite part.

Scenario:

Cruising nicely at 25mph, then trim engine waaaay out (top speed trimmed out amount), starts to porpoise and then PUNCH IT! Boat literally jumps out of the water!

Using my "quick" prop (20" pitch chopper) not my top speed prop (24" pitch chopper), so limited top speed, but much, much quicker. An absolutely fun, wild ride (although, video doesn't do it justice, the GPS really lags). One other boat out on such a nice day, lake like glass.

Pete

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Default Re: T-shirt weather, Lake Crescent - short video accelerating 25mph - 55mph in Rascal

oooooo
    Im firin up Bingo this next week for a wee local "Tides Tavern Classic Boat" something.I came home a month early from the Caribbean.
    Fellow brought a Rascal there a few years ago.

Default Re: T-shirt weather, Lake Crescent - short video accelerating 25mph - 55mph in Rascal

Great video, thanks. Can't wait to get my rascal back out on the water.
    Tom

Bruce - You've arrived back in the PNW at the perfect time, weather is getting good around here (finally). Recently saw your photos re: Death in Paradise, very, very cool. BTW, really glad you're healing up well.

Tom - It's a great feeling going out that first time of the season, especially if everything works and the boat floats . I try to get out at least once a month during the winter, but it was difficult to do that this year. Enjoy!

Pete