Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm starting to feel sorry for Donald Trump. Really.

Default I'm starting to feel sorry for Donald Trump. Really.

Seriously. He didn't expect to win the election, and probably figured (as much as he figures anything, rather than just winging it) that a run for the presidency the would be a good way to advance his media career. And then he unexpectedly found himself in the hardest job on the planet, one that would be damn near impossible for a far, far more industrious, intelligent, and responsible guy than him. And he can't possibly fake it; the presidency is a perfect fishbowl, nothing can be swept under the rug, actions have very real public consequences, and every inaction or action gets endlessly picked apart by people who really know what they're talking about. He also got his entire life deposited under the worlds biggest microscope. All of the dodgy things he's done, and there appear to be plenty, would have probably escaped notice before. No longer. He's got probably the country's, maybe the world's, most experienced and competent organized crime investigator looking at him with all of the resources of the FBI. And the guy now has ALL Cohen's records.

Trump is in so far over his head that he can't even see the light from the surface anymore, and he has not the foggiest idea what to do. Things are slowly but inevitably going from bad to worse, and there's no way out that he's capable of taking.

Yes, I know he brought it on himself. Yes, I know he's a scumbag with morals that would embarrass a tapeworm. But he's also a very limited man, who had a highly unpleasant family and upbringing, and who probably suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which he can no more help than he can help going bald. I really do feel sorry for him, despite the damage he's doing.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Default Re: I'm starting to feel sorry for Donald Trump. Really.

Lay off the pills!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Huh?

I am enjoying this immensely.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

Do they give a Nobel for modesty?

Trump: 'Everyone thinks' I deserve Nobel Peace Prize

President Trump said Thursday that "everyone thinks" he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize, after weeks of suggestions that he should be honored for his diplomatic efforts on the Korean Peninsula.

"Everyone thinks so, but I would never say it," Trump said when asked by a reporter in the White House if he thinks he should win the prestigious award.

Ahead of an historic face-to-face meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Trump said he only hopes for the U.S. to broker a deal for the country to denuclearize and desist its missile threats.

"I want to get it finished. The prize I want is victory for the world, not even here. I want victory for the world because that's what we're talking about. So that's the only prize I want," Trump said.

The idea that Trump deserves a Nobel Prize was floated by South Korean President Moon Jae-in as North Korea expressed willingness this year to discuss denuclearization with the U.S. and South Korea.

At the time, Trump said Moon "was very nice when he suggested it" but that he mainly wanted to see progress in negotiations with North Korea.

"I want to get peace. The main thing, we want to get peace," he said.

The two Korean leaders recently met for a historic summit during which Kim said North Korea would work with its neighbor to formally end the Korean War after six decades.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...tandhp&ffid=gz

I have some advice for him. Channel your inner child:

Last edited by JimD; 05-09-2018 at 02:49 PM.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Take a walk in nature and breath in the fresh air

There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Find a quiet place to sit and listen to the silence

Make friends with the animals

Wouldn't it tug Trump's follicles if Xi Jinping was awarded a Nobel for brokering a deal between the Koreas?

Followed, of course, by renegotiating an Iran deal that excludes the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    Wouldn't it tug Trump's follicles if Xi Jinping was awarded a Nobel for brokering a deal between the Koreas?

Would you mind if I forward this to the Nobel Committee?

postmaster@nobel.no
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

Get over it. He is still a dangerous wannabe tyrant and he ain't finished with his mischief.
    Tom L

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Seriously. He didn't expect to win the election, and probably figured (as much as he figures anything, rather than just winging it) that a run for the presidency the would be a good way to advance his media career. And then he unexpectedly found himself in the hardest job on the planet, one that would be damn near impossible for a far, far more industrious, intelligent, and responsible guy than him. And he can't possibly fake it; the presidency is a perfect fishbowl, nothing can be swept under the rug, actions have very real public consequences, and every inaction or action gets endlessly picked apart by people who really know what they're talking about. He also got his entire life deposited under the worlds biggest microscope. All of the dodgy things he's done, and there appear to be plenty, would have probably escaped notice before. No longer. He's got probably the country's, maybe the world's, most experienced and competent organized crime investigator looking at him with all of the resources of the FBI. And the guy now has ALL Cohen's records.

Trump is in so far over his head that he can't even see the light from the surface anymore, and he has not the foggiest idea what to do. Things are slowly but inevitably going from bad to worse, and there's no way out that he's capable of taking.

Yes, I know he brought it on himself. Yes, I know he's a scumbag with morals that would embarrass a tapeworm. But he's also a very limited man, who had a highly unpleasant family and upbringing, and who probably suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which he can no more help than he can help going bald. I really do feel sorry for him, despite the damage he's doing.
    Don't pity the fool.

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

You can cut and paste. But can you comprehend the meaning of the words you c&p?

It does not appear so.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Lay off the pills!
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Trump just did not look well yesterday.

No adversary is worse than bad advice.

Maybe he spent too much time in the tanning booth.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

No, bobbys, that's not the ad hominem fallacy. Look it up again.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,

Richard Feynman

Does he wear gloves in the tanning booth? I don't know anyone whose facial complexion is so different from that of their hands.

And don't say "but, GOLF!" I know lots of golfers. some even play as much as Cheeto, but they only have ONE light hand.
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lathrop View Post
    Get over it. He is still a dangerous wannabe tyrant and he ain't finished with his mischief.
    That becomes more clear every day. I once thought he did not understand what he was doing, but I have learned he is too systematic and consistent. He is a very dangerous fool.

alvin, ad hominem is what you do to liberals and what you did to Obama.

Zeus knows you've had enough experience with this, why you can't recognize it is a real puzzle.

LMAO
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    That becomes more clear every day. I once thought he did not understand what he was doing, but I have learned he is too systematic and consistent. He is a very dangerous fool.
    Never attribute to lack of understanding what you can attribute to malice, pure and simple.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Maybe this’ll help you feel better: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

I will be speaking to my friend president Xi, he really is clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Never attribute to lack of understanding what you can attribute to malice, pure and simple.
    Yes…………….

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Never attribute to lack of understanding what you can attribute to malice . . .
    Could be both. They're not mutually exclusive.

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post

Oooch !
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

Keith, I agree with all that you say. But I cannot bring myself to feel sorry for him. Having had close family member suffer from mental illness, I should, but I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by peb View Post
    Keith, I agree with all that you say. But I cannot bring myself to feel sorry for him. Having had close family member suffer from mental illness, I should, but I don't.
    +1.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

I'm guessing it's a spray on tan

There is a palpable sense of siege in this and other threads.

You're going to be just fine.

^
    You are doing beautifully.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    There is a palpable sense of siege in this and other threads.

You're going to be just fine.
    Yeah, but Trump is in the castle and we're outside with the battering rams etc. and we've got a wooden horse
    It’s really hard to define ‘virtue signalling’, as I was saying the other day to some of my Muslim friends over a fair-trade coffee in our local feminist bookshop. (Lucy Porter 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post

He's in way over his head alright, so let's give him some advice. Move toward the light, Donald:

Quote Originally Posted by isla View Post
    Yeah, but Trump is in the castle and we're outside with the battering rams etc. and we've got a wooden horse
    I love how you never lose your sense of humor, Isla.

I admire your optimism.

I'm with Keith. I can think of no worse position for someone like Trump, who can only wait to be entirely humiliated. I am praying for him, poor man. Which is not in any way to deny that he is doing incredible damage. Even if he wanted to do otherwise, I think he has no idea how.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

...........natural and logical consequences.
    If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question