Thread: Is your co-worker a serial killer? Is his?

Default Is your co-worker a serial killer? Is his?

What serial killers do for a living: http://www.macleans.ca/society/the-p...ourer-and-cop/

Of the 12 listed, I've worked at 5 of them over the years.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Default Re: Is your co-worker a serial killer? Is his?

I've read that sociopaths go largely undetected because they present as normal.

But, if you are confessing something please don't let me stop you.

are there really enough serial killers to make that kind of statistical analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wright View Post
    I scanned the article quickly and decided that it was poorly researched nonsense. Am I wrong? I'm asking your opinion because you'd have to pay me to look at it further.
    No idea if it's any good, Dave. How much would you charge?
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    are there really enough serial killers to make that kind of statistical analysis?
    FBI said about 35 at any given time.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Are there really enough serial killers to make that kind of statistical analysis?
    I don't think so. I'm very tempted to put this under 'fun with bogus statistics'. Although the trucker connection does make some sense; continually moving around makes it easier to escape detection and keep going longer.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    I don't think so. I'm very tempted to put this under 'fun with bogus statistics'. Although the trucker connection does make some sense; continually moving around makes it easier to escape detection and keep going longer.

yeah, i'm thinking someone is having fun with numbers. you can't draw a statistical correlation here based on the low numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wright View Post
    A hundred bucks an hour, three hour minimum charge; I do good work. I'd say Arntfield is successfully creating a job for himself in a dumbed down society, rapidly getting dumber. He lists 12 occupations but doesn't give us the nuts and bolts facts for picking these occupations. One of them, truck driver, seems obvious, and for apparently obvious reasons. The FBI even commented on this occupation long before Arntfield:

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/apr...serialkillers5

Whether the FBI now has has hard data on the subject remains to be seen. At the time of this article they didn't:

"The database also has information on scores of truckers who've been charged with killings or rapes committed near highways or who are suspects in such crimes, officials said. Authorities said they do not have statistics on whether driving trucks ranks high on the list of occupations of known serial killers."

Anyway, if you want more from me it's three hundred bucks. Paypal is acceptable.
    Your rates seem fair, but I won't be needing them at this time, thanks. It's just entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    What serial killers do for a living: http://www.macleans.ca/society/the-p...ourer-and-cop/

Of the 12 listed, I've worked at 5 of them over the years.

Soooo.....does it go away when you retire?
    r
    Sleep with one eye open.

what about occupation "Birth Day Party Clown"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Williamson View Post
    Soooo.....does it go away when you retire?
    r
    I've been retired for quite a few years now and so far no urges. Although I did start picking up casual gigs as a birthday clown just to keep a hand in.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    I've been retired for quite a few years now and so far no urges. Although I did start picking up casual gigs as a birthday clown just to keep a hand in.

an image for your business card?