Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 314041
Results 1,401 to 1,424 of 1424

Thread: A Brain Tumor update.

  1. #1401
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    56,815

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    This thread was started by Peter. It's his story, and our great privilege that he allowed us into his life to share it. It's now a legacy item and up to us to decide what happens to it next I suppose, if anything.

    Thoughts?

  2. #1402
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Port Stephens
    Posts
    19,295

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Peter started it. None of us can close it. I guess it's up to Scot. I suppose it just stays here and fades. I think it's a really nice gesture on your part, Jeff, to present a printed version to Peter's family. There are some really lovely messages here that I'm sure the family and all who loved Peter will be very glad to see.

    Rick

  3. #1403
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gulgong. Central west N.S.W. Australia
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    I think there were some nice comments on another thread too but I can't remember which one. Was it Peters build thread? JayInOz

  4. #1404
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Port Stephens
    Posts
    19,295

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    I think so.

    Rick

  5. #1405
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    56,815

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Yes, I must retrieve them as well.

  6. #1406
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Caribbean cliff edge
    Posts
    21,210

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    1408 posts.

    A good legacy to Peter and for the forum.
    I live and drink rum where other people vacation.

  7. #1407
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    56,815

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    I have been exploring some other formats for the thread but on reflection I think just a print out in forum format is probably more appropriate, if more bulky. I am also considering a more permanent process than my printer at home.

    Comment?

  8. #1408
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    56,815

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.


  9. #1409
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    8,177

    Default

    I like that. First post of a new thread to honour Peter maybe?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I first joined WBF they made me write a book to prove I was a real yachty. I was so gullible.
    Paperback E-book

  10. #1410
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    30,304

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Quote Originally Posted by brucemoffatt View Post
    I like that. First post of a new thread to honour Peter maybe?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's already one: http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...ond-This-Point

    That is a great painting.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  11. #1411
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    20,022

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    There's already one: http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...ond-This-Point

    That is a great painting.
    Digital scribble with “colored pencils” by that Doodling Goober, actually.

    Peace,
    Robert

  12. #1412
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    56,815

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Bump……………. just because.

    I miss him like heck…………..

  13. #1413
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    30,229

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Bump……………. just because.

    I miss him like heck…………..
    Sanding back some teak rubbing strips I’ve been given yesterday while thinking about him. No more phone calls, emails or helpful comments on Redwing Update, and no more visits for a chat.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

  14. #1414
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    I didnt personally know Peter but had one or two contacts with him in C’space and on the phone once. Ive just returned from O.S. and read this thread to learn of his passing and can only be grateful that I had the fortune to have this little contact with a true gentlemen of this planet.
    Wishing you well in your seas and sail on with Jim, Peter.
    Best wishes to his family and thanks also to Gary, Duncan and Jeff who I think were the main people to hold his hand.

  15. #1415
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    30,229

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Donald View Post
    I didnt personally know Peter but had one or two contacts with him in C’space and on the phone once. Ive just returned from O.S. and read this thread to learn of his passing and can only be grateful that I had the fortune to have this little contact with a true gentlemen of this planet.
    Wishing you well in your seas and sail on with Jim, Peter.
    Best wishes to his family and thanks also to Gary, Duncan and Jeff who I think were the main people to hold his hand.
    Thanks Andrew, Peter is in my thoughts often.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

  16. #1416
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Above flood level, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    18,329

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Thank you Andrew.

    There's not a day that goes by without some pang of my missing him.

    Carol sends her love to everyone on the Forum.
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

    The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

  17. #1417
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    56,815

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Update on the print out of the Thread.

    Reformatting was necessary, its' a big job.

  18. #1418
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Port Stephens
    Posts
    19,295

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gibbs View Post
    Thank you Andrew.

    There's not a day that goes by without some pang of my missing him.

    Carol sends her love to everyone on the Forum.
    Our love to Carol back please Duncan!

    Rick

  19. #1419
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    30,229

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gibbs View Post
    Thank you Andrew.

    There's not a day that goes by without some pang of my missing him.

    Carol sends her love to everyone on the Forum.
    We had a busy day yesterday moving the slow combustion stove out of the kitchen and starting the clean up in the shed. Carol was really pleased with how much we got done. I'm going back out next Wednesday to do up a list of Peter's books.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

  20. #1420
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    20,022

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    We had a busy day yesterday moving the slow combustion stove out of the kitchen and starting the clean up in the shed. Carol was really pleased with how much we got done. I'm going back out next Wednesday to do up a list of Peter's books.
    Damn.

    What an bittersweet task.

    All my love. To everyone.

    Peace,
    Robert

  21. #1421
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    30,229

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Damn.

    What an bittersweet task.

    All my love. To everyone.

    Peace,
    Robert
    It was a bit strange to be sorting out Peter's stuff to start with but we just got busy with what had to be done. Having had a bit of practice sorting out my Dad's shed with my brother I had a process in my mind on how to do it. I am slowly doing the same thing with my shed, though with limited success...I keep collecting.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

  22. #1422
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Above flood level, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    18,329

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Bump!

    Missing Peter again.
    I was out at Chez Sibley the other day, visiting Carol, and it seemed weird not having Pedro there with me.

    Hopefully that rough stone will smooth out.
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

    The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

  23. #1423
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    20,022

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gibbs View Post
    Bump!

    Missing Peter again.
    I was out at Chez Sibley the other day, visiting Carol, and it seemed weird not having Pedro there with me.

    Hopefully that rough stone will smooth out.
    Be happy you could be there. The man’s spirit is all over that place. You have a real place to stay connected. Me? I got a set of ratty plans to pull out, now and again.

    Send my deepest regards next time you’re there.

    Peace,
    Robert

  24. #1424
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    56,815

    Default Re: A Brain Tumor update.

    He is in my mind often, especially when I find I need a good discussion with someone well grounded in reality.

    G'day Peter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •