Thread: trump halts Russia sanctions that Nikki Haley announced yesterday

Default trump halts Russia sanctions that Nikki Haley announced yesterday

What is up with that? Does he have no idea how bad that looks for him?

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...-russia-2018-4

Default Re: trump halts Russia sanctions that Nikki Haley announced yesterday

Another day another idea. What was Fox saying overnight? What did Vlad say overnight?

He is so owned.

Its good to know whose side he is on.
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge” - Charles Darwin (1809–1882)

Nutshell Pram Build pictures ; https://photos.app.goo.gl/1GdBcckcgBAWsbVg1

Idea? more like a Pavlovian response...
    Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Another day another idea. What was Fox saying overnight? What did Vlad say overnight?
    Xanthorrea

First you say you do
    And then you don't
    And then you say you will
    And then you won't

You're undecided now
    So what are you gonna do?

Now you want to play
    And then it's no
    And when you say you'll stay
    That's when you go

You're undecided now

I've been sitting on a fence
    And it doesn't make much sense
    'Cause you keep me in suspense
    And you know it

Then you promise to return
    When you don't, I really burn
    Well, I guess I'll never learn
    And I show it

If you've got a heart
    And if you're kind
    Then don't keep us apart
    Make up your mind

You're undecided now

Quote Originally Posted by purri View Post
    Idea? more like a Pavlovian response...
    He should'a asked first purri……………….

I wonder what's going down in the Aussie Foreign affairs dept. these days?

Not quite. I do believe that if you trawl though decades of cabinet papers since at least 1935 that Oz had an increasing concept of realpolitik, Beale et al notwithstanding. Basically it comes down to a least cost option and on that note ADF articles noted that OZ was told by the Poms since abt 1925 that security by the far east fleet could not be guaranteed and that principal Fleet Base East should be at Triconmalee. If I find em amenable I should discuss it with several generations of anointed families for a heads-up.

Apart from that the current DFAT head is probably well appraised despite Dutton's assumption of his multi departmental Fuhrerprinzip.
    He should'a asked first purri……………….

I wonder what's going down in the Aussie Foreign affairs dept. these days?
    Last edited by purri; 04-17-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    Xanthorrea

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    What is up with that? Does he have no idea how bad that looks for him?

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...-russia-2018-4
    He got a phone call from Vlad making him an offer he couldn't refuse.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

schizo
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

What we should do is just walk away and let Trump perform his magic. Leave him alone and let him do his job. Open our eyes in 6 years to heaven on earth.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    What we should do is just walk away and let Trump perform his magic. Leave him alone and let him do his job. Open our eyes in 6 years to heaven on earth.
    His job is to make money for himself, the 1%, his kids, and to destroy this country in his spare time.

If she sticks around she’ll be under that bus a dozen times. He read the names on the sanctions list and saw a fed who are holding his loans.

You are aware of his past performance in business are you not? Making his wealth has left countless people ruined in his wake. He's like a jet ski in a swimming pool full of people.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Dumber than a box of rocks.
    Anyone who supports Trump is.
    "Magic" tricks eh? That about sums it up.
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

is it just me, or has nikki haley taken on the voice of one of those youtube narrator bots since she started working for trump?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    is it just me, or has nikki haley taken on the voice of one of those youtube narrator bots since she started working for trump?
    Don't discount the woman... she could be a very attractive Presidential candidate, some day. Right now, she's 'threading the needle', trying to preserve her conservative cred, generate a little bit of professional aura about herself, building an image of an internationalist of sorts while trying to stay above the fray, in terms of current national politics. She'll survive Trump, no matter what happens.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

"Haley is extremely cautious and almost always speaks with Trump personally before making public statements."

YO, NIKKI! Watch out for that bus!
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

It's got to be killing her go on the Sunday morning talk show explain the administration's policy and sanctions, then on Monday have Trump walk it all back. I'm know she wants foreign policy experience but without having a coherent foreign policy I don't see it working for her.

I'm surprised she hasn't resigned. I would.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

I'm always happy to see Miss Nikki look like an idiot.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I'm surprised she hasn't resigned. I would.
    It is remarkable. sessions most of all eats that crap every day yet none of them have the self respect to tell the guy "Hey, GFY!"
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

No collusion, no collusion!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    It's got to be killing her go on the Sunday morning talk show explain the administration's policy and sanctions, then on Monday have Trump walk it all back. I'm know she wants foreign policy experience but without having a coherent foreign policy I don't see it working for her.
    Foreign Policy? The US? Don't make me laugh………...

Foreign Policy? The US? Don't make me laugh………...

Yea I agree it's about as well thought out as Australia's global warming policy, sell the Chinese all the coal they will buy.

Same rules apply, the bigger the political donation the more favourable the policy.
    The Government parties' main opposition is internal at present, the right vs the extreme right. And of course China is our biggest trading 'partner' whilst the US is still our main strategic partner.
    Somewhere down the track I can see a collision of interests happening, and if Donald is still in the chair (as he well may be) how much reliance can we put on that alliance. The biggest plus in our favour is Pine Gap. I postulate that if Aus wanted out of the arrangement the US would not allow it because of Pine Gap..

ANZUS states that only if is in US interests will assistance be given. Remember konfrontasi?

The US would "secure" Pine Gap as it is the sole geographic facility that can give warning of ICBM launches from east Asia.
    Xanthorrea

Seems like Nikki is pissed:

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley pushed back against a White House official's claim that she experienced "momentary confusion" over the future of additional Russia sanctions in response to Russia's failure to rid Syria of chemical weapons.
    On CBS News' "Face the Nation" Sunday, Haley said the U.S. was preparing additional Russia sanctions that would be announced Monday. But President Trump held off on the White House's plan for new sanctions against top Russian companies tied to Syria's alleged chemical weapons program.
    White House press secretary Sarah Sanders insisted more sanctions were merely under consideration. On Tuesday, top White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said Haley "got ahead of the curve."
    "She's done a great job," Kudlow said of Haley. "She's a very effective ambassador. There might have been some momentary confusion about that. But if you talk to Steve Mnuchin at Treasury and so forth, he will tell you the same thing. They're in charge of this. We have had sanctions. Additional sanctions are under consideration but not implemented, and that's all."
    Haley, speaking for the first time since the White House dialed back her claims, rejected the idea that she was confused.
    "With all due respect, I don't get confused," Haley said in a statement read by Fox News' Dana Perino and confirmed by CBS News Tuesday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/with-al...sia-sanctions/

I postulate that if Aus wanted out of the arrangement the US would not allow it because of Pine Gap..
    The balance of trade with Australia is pretty even stevens. Aus is generally slightly positive but not enough for it to be material.
    Trump is a pretty simple guy, he would see the balance of trade with Aus as neutral on the books so he'll keep it. It seems to be the only yard stick he's been using for other decisions like this.

The issue with the sanctions in question is that even his most senior, and publicly vulnerable, people cannot trust they guy. He will turn on them in an instant.
    Imagine walking up to a lectern, with your reputation and professional standing intact, making a statement about some important international policy, and then be completely contradicted and dismissed hours later. How can you confidently carry out your job in that scenario?

And - its RUSSIA.
    He sold out his own people for Russia's benefit.

I couldn't imagine another leader in the western world ever, who could do that, and for it not to be a major political problem. The man is made of teflon.
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge” - Charles Darwin (1809–1882)

Nutshell Pram Build pictures ; https://photos.app.goo.gl/1GdBcckcgBAWsbVg1

Time for her to go. I don't see that she's been terribly effective amyway.

Yeah, screw with vlad and you get the can. Better than polonioum.