Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean Hannity, my my my.

Default Sean Hannity, my my my.

Why might Sean Hannity need the services of a fixer like Michael Cohen?

Default Re: Sean Hannity, my my my.

Can't keep his pants zipped?

Can't keep his lies sorted out?

let's use that "not torture" water boarding session he agreed to too find out.

I assumed most knew by now, but just in case, Hannity was just named in court as Michael Cohen's third client.

Perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    let's use that "not torture" water boarding session he agreed to too find out.

Will be fascinating to see if the Hannity work was legal advice, or other services. One also wonders if Cohen was feeding information to Hannity ...
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Gets interestinger and interestinger
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    Can't keep his pants zipped?
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

douchebags of a feather flock together!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Or as former Prime Minister Jean Chretien used to gleefully say with an exaggerated and gleeful Quebecois accent, "De turd client".
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Makes me think of this:

This sordid tale just keeps getting better.
    Elect a clown expect a circus

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

I thought Cohen was a one trick pony... the trump pony.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    I assumed most knew by now, but just in case, Hannity was just named in court as Michael Cohen's third client.

Federal prosecutors charged he was a fraud of a lawyer working for only trump..

Wait...they went before a judge to say hes not a lawyer, now a judge lets it leak out he is a lawyer because the client is the right one..

What a travisty this all is.

Quote Originally Posted by wizbang 13 View Post
    I thought Cohen was a one trick pony... the trump pony.
    I still think so.

According to Hannity, he wasn't really a client, in that he was never billed for legal services and never really engaged in legal services other than maybe asking a question or two.

In claiming Hannity as a client, Cohen is just trying to puff up his own legitimacy, and make himself sound like a big boy lawyer.

It seems that Cohen's only real clients were Trump and Boridy.... and frankly, I'm not yet convinced that Broidy really was client #2. As I understand it, client #2 used the same fictitious name as client #1... so maybe they are both Trump and Broidy merely stepped in to take the blame for Trump.

The question I gotta ask is "How would Broidy know to engage Cohen as his lawyer for a playmate payoff?"

Cohen was known as a one-client lawyer. He lived on the opposite coast from Broidy. It's not like he advertised in the yellow pages under "Bagman Lawyers". Surely, there are California lawyers who can arrange for "personal injury" payoffs between individuals. Why would Broidy seek out Cohen... and more interesting, how would he know that Cohen handles this type of work?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

Wait...they went before a judge to say hes not a lawyer, now a judge lets it leak out he is a lawyer because the client is the right one..

When you explain it that way, it sounds quite confusing.

If, however, you were to explain it like a person familiar with the situation (and the English language), it would sound different.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

He is a lawyer, graduated from some fifth rate law school. Where did anyone say he wasn't as you infer. I'd ask for a citation but, you only ask libs for citations.

On point ljb , but futile.

One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Hannity: Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.

Which is interesting because Cohen tried to claim that his client (Hannity) did want want to be revealed.
    "Ya uh I don't want to be revealed as your client and by the way I was never your client"

Then why did you instruct Michael Cohen to conceal your name if you weren't a client? It also means your attorney lied to a federal judge about the existence of an attorney-client relationship. You might want to re-think this line of defense.

Cohen is a pathological liar, like his boss. He lies even when there's no advantage.

It's going to turn out he stayed at the Prague Holiday Inn Express registered as David Dennison.

Or not, eh?

Do you really care if Cohen gets dinged by the judge for lying about who his client might be? Or if, alternatively, Hannity gets dinged because a few documents show up dubbing him David Dennison III?

There are no bad outcomes here for the onlookers.

curiouser and curiouser. I could see Hannity saying that if he had Cohen on his show once in a while to explain away some nuance of the law.. but as far as I know, Cohen never graced the airwaves with Hannity
    "'I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilization."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Why would hannity need Mr. Fixer?

From April, 2017 -
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-claim-n750211

Fox News host Sean Hannity is flatly denying a former guest’s claim that he pressured her to “come back with me to my hotel” — and then banned her from his show when she declined.

Hannity called Debbie Schlussel’s sexual harassment claim “100 percent false” and branded her “a serial harasser who has been lying about me for well over a decade.”

“This individual has a history of making provably false statements against me in an effort to slander, smear and besmirch my reputation,” Hannity said in a statement.

“The individual has not just slandered me over the years but many people who this individual disagrees with. This individual desperately seeks attention by any means necessary, including making unfounded personal attacks and using indefensible and outrageous political rhetoric.”

Hannity closed by threatening to take legal action and declaring that he sees Schlussel’s accusations as part of a “coordinated effort afoot to now silence those with conservative views.” He did not elaborate.

"He's not going to sue me," Schlussel, who describes herself as "to the right of Attila the Hun," told NBC News later Monday. "It wouldn't be a smart idea. If he did, it could spur other people to come forward and he wouldn't want that."

Schlussel, who is a lawyer, did not go into detail. And she insisted that Hannity used the term "sexual harassment," not her.

"Sexual harassment has a special meaning under the law, and I would never accuse him of that,” she said. "What I experienced was a pattern of creepy and inappropriate behavior from Sean."

For example, Schlussel said that Hannity was furious when she showed up once for a show with her hair dyed red.

Debbie Schlussel has Debbie Schlussel"I am a fake blond and he got really upset," she said. "Then he started arguing with me about my pants size. I said they were size 2, and he said they were a 4. It was just creepy. I mean, who does that?"

A spokesperson for Hannity referred to the anchor's earlier statement when asked about Schlussel's interview with NBC News.

Hannity found himself under fire after Schlussel claimed Friday in an interview on KFAQ radio in Tulsa, Oklahoma that he made a pass at her at a book signing event in a Detroit suburb over a decade ago. She made the statement after host Pat Campbell asked her if she had ever been sexually harassed by Bill O’Reilly, the Fox News star who left the network last week in scandal.

“Only by Sean Hannity, not Bill O’Reilly,” she said.

After the book signing, Schlussel said Hannity told her, “Why don’t you come back with me to my hotel…He tried to get me to go back to the hotel after the show.”

Later, Schlussel told NBC News, "he called and yelled at me and said, 'I don't know if I can have you on my show with me."

"Before that happened, he said I would be a regular guest on his show," she said. "After I said I wouldn't go to his hotel, I was blacklisted from Fox News. I just made a couple more appearances, and not on his show. That was it."

Hannity, 55, is a married father of two

The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

I’m guessing Cohen served as a convenient inside source for Hannity’s ravings.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    I’m guessing Cohen served as a convenient inside source for Hannity’s ravings.
    Deep throat FOXNEWS style!

From The Washington Post:

Hannity said Monday that he occasionally turned to Cohen when he had legal questions but that he never paid him to be his attorney.

“Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter,” the conservative commentator wrote on Twitter. “I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.”
    So Sean Hannity is claiming Michael Cohen was not his attorney but that they were simply two acquaintances spit-balling.

Sort of like having an acquaintance with an MD who is attending the same party and asking him, "Hey Doc. I've got this nagging pain in my shoulder. What do you think it could be?"
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 04-16-2018 at 04:33 PM.
    50% of people are below average in intelligence.

Simply acquaintances he says. No contract he says. That means no attorney/client privilege and Cohen is known to record almost every conversation he has.

I can't wait to hear the tapes.

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Simply acquaintances he says. No contract he says. That means no attorney/client privilege and Cohen is known to record almost every conversation he has.

I can't wait to hear the tapes.

LMAO
    Just hope Mrs. Woods isn't living.

Is bobbys outraged about this latest development?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    but as far as I know, Cohen never graced the airwaves with Hannity
    he did back in 2015. maybe it's guilt by association but given the number of creepers at fox (and other networks) who'd be surprised if Sean had a side piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Is bobbys outraged about this latest development?
    At everything. At all times. At everyone who doesn't worship two scoops.

alvin is outraged, period.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Why would hannity need Mr. Fixer?

Nah, if Hannity had to pay her off because of claims of sexual harassment, he would have used the same FOX News lawyers that Bill O'Reilly and Roger Ailes used.

As much as I hate to take Hannity's side, I think he's right in that he wasn't really a client of Michael Cohen. He's just a distraction to this story.

The real story here is that Trump's personal lawyer arranged a payment of $1.6 million to a playboy playmate.

Allegedly, that was because of Elliot Broidy.... but I suspect that it was actually Trump who got her pregnant and Broidy who paid her off.

It's not clear how Broidy would know to use Cohen, except through the Trump connection. Cohen was known as Trump's personal lawyer.

Broidy was the finance chairman of the RNC. His whole job was to raise money to support Republican candidates. It's not far fetched to think that he'd be the guy called in to raise money to make a payoff if Trump got a playmate pregnant. Indeed, he's pretty much the first and only person on the list of people to call if the Republican president needs to make a payoff.

^
    bingo!

Broidy owns or publishes the National Enquirer, and is long-time personal friends with the Main Idot. Broidy was a sorta fixer for trmp before he was a candidate, in that he bought the rights to the stories of trmp's victims with the express intention of burying them.

So, why would a person who is supposedly worth eleven billion dollars, or even the three billion that Forbes claims, need fundraising for one point six million, for the payoff?

I think the answer to that is a compound one. Despite being a supposed billionaire, he doesn't want to use any of his money for anything. And he may actually be hiding the fact that his estate is at least partly owned by Vladimir Putin. He claims Broidy as a long-time friend, and true to his reputation, it's a one-way street and trmp has some mafia style thing he's holding over Broidy.

I think the same thing applies to various other folks who belong to the mess via trmp coattails, and I further think that at least some of those have some big trmp hook in them. And I think Mcyurtle is one of the latter. So is Sessions. I think trmp gambled wrongly on Tillerson, thinking that as the CEO of the world's largest fossil fuel company that he would as a matter of course either already be in bed with Putin and the other billionaire industrialists in his circle, or at least wannabe.

And obviously tmrp owes hannity some greasy favors for being a mouthpiece and for being a goon of similar misanthropic tendencies.