Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My very first visit to an Apple store

Default Re: My very first visit to an Apple store

So is your iPhone 6s performing better after the battery change?

I had my iPhone 6 Plus tested and the battery was at 95% I may change the battery this Fall anyway because... what the hell... only $29.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

"OK. Fine. So he exaggerated a little on that."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    So is your iPhone 6s performing better after the battery change?

I had my iPhone 6 Plus tested and the battery was at 95% I may change the battery this Fall anyway because... what the hell... only $29.
    Ask me in a week, after I have had a chance to see what the endurance of the new battery is. For the record, I never experienced any performance problems... My only reason for getting a replacement battery was the slowly decreasing endurance of each charge cycle.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

I got my new battery at BestBuy. Walked in, they checked it, said I qualified for a new one & that it'd take 1.5 hours. I browsed BB for 30 min, went & got lunch & cam back & picked up my phone.

When it's time for a new one, I go into AT&T & am generally out in 30-40 minutes - all set to go.

VT has an independent Apple retailer names Small Dog. Walk in, a guy in flannel (it's VT, remember?) says "Hi! What can I do for you?" 3 minutes later I was out the door with a new cable.

You guys who have problems just have them in the wrong place.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by purri View Post
    So tell me about the battery frying and busting the case cover....

^ This

Oh and you want a DELAY try boarding a plane during the samsung phone disaster.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wilkinson View Post
    The Manhattan Apple store on 5th avenue is no mall store. It's huge. 32,000 square ft. The wait time in the middle of the night is over four hours, with no public rest room. That seems ridiculous to me.
    You obviously are not a NYer. I used to have a list of perfect #1 and #2 spots in every section on the city. Most of them were in beautiful boutique hotels with marble and lush hand towel.

Every Apple product I have ever owned just worked. No muss, no fuss.

I despise the Windows 10 PC's I now struggle with daily.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Every Apple product I have ever owned just worked. No muss, no fuss.

I despise the Windows 10 PC's I now struggle with daily.
    ^ This

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein
    I think the products are good... with certain obvious exceptions. I believe that iTunes for Windows is intentionally bad, as a means of trying to convince Windows users that they are on the wrong side of the fence... Which pisses me off
    “It's like giving a glass of ice water to somebody in hell"

― Steve Jobs

War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wilkinson View Post
    The Manhattan Apple store on 5th avenue is no mall store. It's huge. 32,000 square ft. The wait time in the middle of the night is over four hours, with no public rest room. That seems ridiculous to me.
    Is that the big one by the old GM Building? Across from the Plaza Hotel? Sort of under the big area in front of the building? That place is crazy! I was in there at Christmas Season last year!

Snooty goes both ways. Seek and and yee shall find. Your simply arguing the Ford/Chevy argument. Got to get the sand out of your shorts Norman! When I was buying my current computer 3.5 years ago, I compared the MacBook Pro versus the Dell XPS. I was shopping for video card, memory, monitor, processor and other specs, and the Dell and Mac were the same price. But the Dell would take 2 weeks to be delivered. I drove 1/2 hour to the Apple Store and was using my Mac an hour later. Most people don't need a MacBook Pro and apples lower end products are more costly than what you can buy at a staples store. But, I do think the apple holds up better. My equally expensive PC work station is probably close to 10 years old and was a hand built Ferrari at the time and 60% of an equivalent Dell, never got more than 2 years with out a need to replace the power supply. I will say PC parts are cheaper. At the end of day, I feel that Apple products are pretty darn good, reliable, better designed and more pleasant to use than the alternative. As for the stores- yeah they are a little over the top, but at least they are pleasant places and to my eye well designed without extraneous signs and details like the Microsoft stores which to me look like a modern version of a Sears appliance department.

Quote Originally Posted by john l
    As for the stores- yeah they are a little over the top, but at least they are pleasant places and to my eye well designed without extraneous signs and details like the Microsoft stores which to me look like a modern version of a Sears appliance department.
    Yep. Norman's rant was about the store. He admits the products are good in his experience.

Norman hates the premium price and the culture. I am willing to pay a premium for a well-made, reliable, easy-to-use product and do not care at all about the culture.

I replaced my old MacBook with a HP Windows 10 notebook thinking that, since I now work daily with a Windows 10 Dell PC, the compatibiity between the two would be advantageous. Wrong. I now deal daily with two machines I despise.

I am now saving my nickels.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

I used to have a list of perfect #1 and #2 spots in every section on the city
    Who are you? George Costanza

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    Who are you? George Costanza

Kevin
    That my friend is EXACTLY F'in it
    Anything else you are just a tourist - keep moving, we have things to do

Gimme a break! A battery, is a battery, is a battery. . . if it's faulty it will burn. It happens to Apple too. Smugness becomes none of you.

https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-ipho...ught-on-video/
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    Come in with a bad attitude, get it confirmed.
    Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by James McMullen View Post
    Yeadon is right, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    I think the products are good... with certain obvious exceptions. I believe that iTunes for Windows is intentionally bad, as a means of trying to convince Windows users that they are on the wrong side of the fence... Which pisses me off. I believe the products are massively overpriced, and the reason they get away with it is that they convince customers that they alone are the technological leaders, and that anything else is 'lo-fi'. I don't like closed Eco-structures; I like products that are broadly compatible with competing vendors products. It pisses me off that FaceTime, for example, isn't an open spec.... It's one of the only reasons that I own an iPhone (the ability to use it with my grandchildren).... If not for that, I believe that an android or google phone would be every bit as good.

And finally, as I learned today, I despise the snooty atmosphere in the Apple Store. One example: the tables and shelves are loaded with products... But NO prices. Stores that do that, do it intentionally, to give sales people the opportunity to push customers for a sale.
    At the Apple store I go to the prices are on the merchandise.
    Will

I had my iphone battery replaced in a small Bangladeshi 'fix yer phone' shop...15 mins from walk in, 20.