Thread: Taken a hike anywhere recently? Let's see some photos!

Default Taken a hike anywhere recently? Let's see some photos!

Every day I walk around my neighborhood and post a photo on FB to a shared album with one of my oldest friends.

Yesterday I walked to the PO and through a tiny slip of forest on the way back. It's a mature pine forest and has suffered badly over the last five or six years from the increasing number of violent winter storms.

A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

Default Re: Taken a hike anywhere recently? Let's see some photos!

the woods where I'm staying are full of these right now.. the aroma is captivating!

tres-trilliums.jpg

Been told to. No photos, however.

A couple of weeks ago, we were hiking in the Superstition Mountains, east of Phoenix. Rocky, jagged, and absolutely striking.

After that, we went up to Lake Powell, great sandstone slick rock hiking there.

And to get to that spot, first you have to have a boat. Boating and hiking -- hard to beat that.

Olympic National park.March 2015 006.jpg
    PaulF

Looks like bark beetles.
    Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    Every day I walk around my neighborhood and post a photo on FB to a shared album with one of my oldest friends.

Yesterday I walked to the PO and through a tiny slip of forest on the way back. It's a mature pine forest and has suffered badly over the last five or six years from the increasing number of violent winter storms.

The best helping hand you will ever receive is the one at the end of your own arm.

Looking SW from our place, Medicine Bow Range, Wyoming. I walk the dog along the river pretty often.

We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! óCole Porter

I hate all of you.

My longest hike lately was from the car to the UT Medical center to get an assessment on knees, an elbow, left hand and possibly left hip. I'd get three steps off the gravel pan and be flat on my face.

Miss it, fer sure.

Hell yeah - plenty.

Where to start? How about a hike through Parliament House? This is the girlfriend, playing hide and seek.... or, really, just taking a peek into the Senate. They weren't sitting, but the Reps were. Had a chat to the Leader of the Opposition, got taken on a very, very rare tour of the Cabinet Room.

Another Canberra trip recently, we hiked through the National Gallery of Australia. Very evocative place

Not as evocative as the Australian War Memorial though, which we also hiked through.

I took the harem to the glowworm tunnel in Helensburg recently. The two girls chickened out and turned back before I got to the glowworms. Something to do with all the mud and falling over in the dark

This was a little hike down in Melbourne, last month. Damn political correctness gone mad. It's Australia. Of course there's bloody snakes....

That was just a couple of kilometres from the centre of Melbourne, but even Canberra has 'em

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"