Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NHL playoffs

Default Re: NHL playoffs

Kris Letang, yes with a K. Agree that he does not appear to be 100%. He's not the best Pen defenseman on the ice at the moment.
    If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen

no, that'd be Oleksiak, who looks like the next Chara.

I don't envy George Parros today. Wilson was let off with a warning just last week for the Dumolin hit, and now the Pens have a guy out with a broken jaw... but it wasn't an illegal hit. It's tough to make a conclusive case for suspension for a play that's within the rules, but that's what he needs to do.
    (and yes I picked the Pens to win this series in my bracket)

Hellebyuck v Rinne... yeah that's a tough choice but I'll give the edge (in over the past two weeks) to Hellebyuck mostly because he's doing the job with a less effective D-zone team in front of him.
    No adversary is worse than bad advice.

Just watching a bit of the Boston-Tampa game. If these guys think they can play at that pace against whoever wins the west, they are in for a very rude awakening. (ETA - better in the second, though.)
    Last edited by Flying Orca; 05-02-2018 at 08:09 PM.

What are you doing about it?

Bruins playing empty net with 2:10 left against Lightning. Boston is down by two.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Shot.... wide!
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Penalty. Lightning now have a power play.

Kevin

Final minute!

Shot Boston.....wide!

Goal Lightning!

4-1

33 seconds left to play.

Kevin

That is turning into a nasty series. Some hard hits along the boards. Chara looks old and slow, even if he is still like a tree.

The thing is that a long nasty series is exactly how the Bruins are built to win. When I was making my pool picks for this round, this series was the toughest call. It was entirely possible that Tampa would come in well rested and fresh and roll right over the B's in 4-5 games, but if they split the first four the B's will win in 7 games.

Chara's been old and slow for years, he's been surviving mostly on his wingspan. but they just re-signed him for a few more years and a few more million so what do I know?

In fairness, he has been a bit quicker in the feet this year than in the previous few years, but still spends more time flatfooted than anyone else in the league IMHO.
    His true value to the B's has been his mentorship of Charlie McAvoy.

I didn't get to see any of the sharks-knights last night, I only see the score this morning. Did Jones stand on his head or did Vegas just come out flat?

Sharks D came up big.

Vegas was out of sync all night. I don’t think they completed a pass in the first ten minutes. Sharks had last line change and did a great job of shutting down Karlson. Burns and Vlasic were outstanding and for the first time the Sharks had the edge along the boards. 4-0 was indicative of the play.
    It’s going to be a wild game 5 in Vegas.

D'oh! or was it 4'oh.
    "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible that you may be mistaken." (stolen from TomF )

Yeah, I was kinda hoping 'Peg would close that one out last night. That's going to be a tough game 7. Almost as tough as going TWO NIGHTS with no games while we wait for game 7.

But Cindy's cleaning out his locker right now, so all's well in the world for now.

Whelp
    So far so good.
    "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible that you may be mistaken." (stolen from TomF )

Squeaker.

My prediction of a Boston/Nashville final seems not unlike last year’s sure fire bet that would have seen Washington hoisting the cup in game six against the Sharks.

I lived in Winnipeg for about a decade so fully expected them to get swept in the first round. Colour me surprised.

This jets-knights series is going to be GOOD. Two very good but very different teams. I think the scores are going to lean in vegas' favor just because fleury is on fire, but if we ignore the scoreboard it's going to be great hockey.

bolts-caps.... this one will be less entertaining, I think.

Since when are you allowed in the crease without the puck? No goal imho.

FFS HELLEBUYCK!
    Get yer head in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by B_B View Post
    FFS HELLEBUYCK!
    Get yer head in the game!

Yeah, I don’t like being down a game. Can’t wait to get back to Canada so I can watch some of the Vegas series!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you doing about it?

My thought going into this series was that WPG would use their size advantage to grind-down LV and go to 7 games... That they would spend the first two or three games just kicking the crap out of people, body first body second puck third. but that hasn't happened, perhaps because they got off to such an easy start.

Right now I think the only way WPG wins another game is if Vegas lets them win one so they can close it out at home.

Vegas is the real deal. The Flower is playing at the top of his game right now. Their D stacks up against the Jets and Byfuglien is being held in check by Tuch and Reaves. Those are some big boys going mano a mano along the boards.
    But I think that the Jets will come out hard and take game 4 to tie it up.

Maureen & I just sat down to watch the start of the fourth Winnipeg-Vegas game and instead were treated to a schtick out of a mash-up between Ice Capades and Ivanhoe. WTF??
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.