Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: Don't Feed the Troll

Default Re: Don't Feed the Troll

Why do we always look at something from just one angle?

What if everyone took a few days off and just left the trolls to their own devices here?

You would be lonely...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    You would be lonely...
    That would be a great expiriment to try...

No one asked

It's weird, it's almost like there are voices in this thread that you can't quite hear.

Love the thread, though. It's a great reminder.

What are you doing about it?

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    If only trolls had some facts to support what they love to spew! Apparently, very few appear to have any worthy of any merit at all but, are perhaps just too ignorant to even notice. The trolls know who I'm referring to or should!
    Yes!
    Nobody wants an echo chamber.

Disagreement is not trolling.
    Substantiated disagreement is welcome, indeed desired.

Don't say you have an open mind on something if you don't have an open mind on it, please.
    "People should be able to access these benefits [Social Welfare] as a matter of right, with no more loss of their own standards of self-respect than would be involved in collecting from an insurance company the proceeds of an endowment policy on which they have been paying premiums for years."
    Robert Menzies - Liberal Party (Conservative) Prime Minister of Australia.

I've never liked the BROTM thing, which recalls the popularity contests I loathed in high school.

The idea of a negative popularity index (ignored by X) is a mirror image of the same thing.

I do wish members would take a breath and read their posts before hitting the button. I get tired of bad spelling, hideous grammar, and flatulent thinking, which occur on both sides of the political fence.

There's no help for stupid, but most of us are not nearly as stupid as we appear.
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! óCole Porter

Student walk out conspiracy theory thread

Don't feed the troll Beernd, don't feed the troll.

Great idea this thread.
    Don't worry I'm happy

"The law is what we have to live with.
    Justice is sometimes harder to achieve."

Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    That would be a great expiriment to try...
    Have you ever looked in on threads where only the forum liberal squatters participate?

As far as trolling, the description is quite unclear as to who's who in all of that from a 3rd party perspective. Every thread started by the politically addicted is a troll to at least casual passers. There is certainly more open minded and perhaps mature discussion about the net.

What perplexes me about this place, is when seeing pictures/age of the posters. I then wonder, what part of society did these 'men' come from? Were they so locked up in their careers to where they missed a lot of social exposure or interaction from other, well meaning men? Is this the price you pay, or who you become for chasing that security that the dollar brings? Emerging towards retirement age on an internet forum to argue redundant politics and maintaining/bragging an ignore list?

You just can't imagine how silly this all seems to me, or what different places/lives we must be from. I honestly have never in my life, witnessed such a collection of 'catty' men.

I don't know why I'm here and you're probably wondering too, or not. It was different when the likes of Fleming, Carnell, Smalser, Chuck etc. were here to add some believable diversity to the place. I have no idea what I hope to find different or improved over time, even with spacing out the visits for lengthier terms. I guess I was hoping the dynamic would change with changing of the roster over time and more interesting folks would share something other than. . . . politics. And here we are, with another newbie 'mitch' starting yet another hate/intolerance thread

And you brats wonder why you can't even give your politics away. Good grief.

I almost slipped, but I'm posting here instead.

Quote Originally Posted by pipefitter View Post
    Have you ever looked in on threads where only the forum liberal squatters participate?

As far as trolling, the description is quite unclear as to who's who in all of that from a 3rd party perspective. Every thread started by the politically addicted is a troll to at least casual passers. There is certainly more open minded and perhaps mature discussion about the net.

What perplexes me about this place, is when seeing pictures/age of the posters. I then wonder, what part of society did these 'men' come from? Were they so locked up in their careers to where they missed a lot of social exposure or interaction from other, well meaning men? Is this the price you pay, or who you become for chasing that security that the dollar brings? Emerging towards retirement age on an internet forum to argue redundant politics and maintaining/bragging an ignore list?

You just can't imagine how silly this all seems to me, or what different places/lives we must be from. I honestly have never in my life, witnessed such a collection of 'catty' men.

I don't know why I'm here and you're probably wondering too, or not. It was different when the likes of Fleming, Carnell, Smalser, Chuck etc. were here to add some believable diversity to the place. I have no idea what I hope to find different or improved over time, even with spacing out the visits for lengthier terms. I guess I was hoping the dynamic would change with changing of the roster over time and more interesting folks would share something other than. . . . politics. And here we are, with another newbie 'mitch' starting yet another hate/intolerance thread

To reiterate --

Just so. What would ACTUALLY make this place lively and rewarding is differing opinions backed up by facts, data, logic, and sound rhetoric.

Instead we get unsupported assertions, wild claims, repetition of the latest talking points (which they then don't understand, can't defend, and abandon when tomorrow's tp's are handed to them pre-soiled), deflection, sophistry, bald-faced lies, unprovoked name-calling, citations of dodgy sources, and general bott-headedness (did I spell that right?). Is it any wonder they end up on ignore lists, or are met with ridicule, or occasionally irritate someone sufficiently for them to really blast them (occasionally getting banned in the process).

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Don't feed the troll

emerging towards retirement age on an internet forum to argue redundant politics and maintaining/bragging an ignore list
    Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by pipefitter View Post

Those who brag about ignore or reply with...who... are looking for cheap street cred.

Notice those that do this are the least capable of defending their argumeants..

Is it close to the usual feeding time?

They seem to be gathering. And whining.
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! óCole Porter

There is a certain mosquito-like sound, isn't there?

Was that , billy jack ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    There is a certain mosquito-like sound, isn't there?
    You were hearing voices back in #79. Now you're hearing other sounds. Perhaps "the trolls" aren't the problem at all.

Sometimes when harassed or stalked I read the malfeasor's content by attaching the narrative voice of Scooby Doo.

I find that in doing that, an irritating post can become quite funny.
    Oh, now, that's sad...bigly sad! Apparently we, the footsoldiers of SB's great army of stalkers (hailing from no fewer than FOUR continents! - there's glory for you!) cannot satisfy his entertainment requirements without the aid of supplementary input of voices in his own head.

Our Great Leader could do so much better than we poor stalkers can ever hope to do. When he first stepped aboard he was so wonderfully entertaining that any supplementary comedic input would have been superfluous. But then, tragically, he broke out his true colours. After that, the waters of malice flowed so freely into the bilge that no funny voice (not even that of Scooby Doo, whoever he may be) could staunch the flood. Pump as we may, the water rises in the well. Where, oh where, did the magic go?
    "Mozart is the heart's touchstone" (Edwin Fischer)

Oh my! What jolly good fun you must be having! The perfect alternative to fingers in the ears and "la la la I can't HEAR you!!!!" for fending off written words!

Spiffing wheeze, old chap!
    "Mozart is the heart's touchstone" (Edwin Fischer)

Supporting the vindictive destruction of a career and the capricious theft of a person pension at the very last moment, is beneath response.
    "People should be able to access these benefits [Social Welfare] as a matter of right, with no more loss of their own standards of self-respect than would be involved in collecting from an insurance company the proceeds of an endowment policy on which they have been paying premiums for years."

Just give me a coupla Hail Marys and let me outta here.

3 freaking pages down the listings!

Bump!

Don't feed the troll.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

SB - Which Abba partner would you have chosen?

Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 03-27-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Trolls?

Walk on....

War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

ok, ok

I did it!

I quoted, wrote my reply and pressed 'Cancel'

One day at a time.

ditto

Bumpity-bump

Don't feed them!

It's so hard not to feed them! They are so hungry!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    It's so hard not to feed them! They are so hungry!
    Any in particular today? Feeling presidential?

I must have taken too much LSD this morning!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...